By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Destiny on Xbox One will outsell Smash Bros on Wii U

Will Destiny on xbox one sell more than smash wii u?

Yes 97 11.70%

Maybe 116 13.99%

No 615 74.19%

Total:828
uKiddo said:
You serious right?
Smash Bro's is high anticipated game on the Wii U, althought Destiny too, but Im pretty sure Smash Bros will outself both PS4 and Xbone. Many will buy the Wii U for Super Smash Bros. + people who owns one will buy too.

Destiny is supposed to sell around call of duty numbers, it may even outsell call of duty.  It has at least as much hype as smash, most likely quite a bit more.  It will also move systems.  

Honestly I dont see how anybody that has been paying attention can say that smash is going to outsell the ps4 version of destiny.  That one is easy.  That is why i made the thread about the x1 version because that seems more like a true toss up.  

I guess we will have to wait and see though right?  

Around the Network
AnthonyW86 said:
At launch and this year? Very likely. Lifetime? I don't think it will, but it will depend on how much the 3DS version of Smash will eat up sales.

To be honest, the 3DS version will barely steal sales from the WiiU version ( outside Japan at least) mostly because the 3DS version simply doesn't offer the same party experience as the console Smash Bros games..  I highly doubt many gamers are going to be happy with JUST the 3DS version..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

No, but its comparing with Xbox One and im pretty sure that Destiny wont sell as many as the PS4 since Destiny on the PS4 is an exclusive for that system. By thinking about it, since its not Xbox One exclusive then the sales for Xbox One probably might not be good. Its multi-plat so it doesnt sell much as it shared by two consoles.

While Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. It just mainly for Wii U. So defiantly people only will buy Smash Bros and its only on the Wii U. So, I dont see why the comparison or prediction of this. We should know the outcome from this. Its very common sense.

But if this thread is true, forgive me. But I'm just stating my thoughts about this.

I disagree. If Destiny was an Xbox exclusive I could imagine but so? No. Yeah everyone says that the 3DS version will hurt the Wii U version but then it's holiday season. In the holiday season no one cares about the Smash which came out in October.

Even if... the other versions of Destiny will hurt the Xbox Destiny more than the 3DS Smash hurts the Wii U Smash and until now the userbase of the Wii U is still bigger than the One's.

I don't hate Microsoft, I don't hate PC,
I don't prefer Sony, I don't prefer Nintendo.
...Ok, I love Nintendo but this is something about tolerance, ok?

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.

Lol.

No, no way. Smash bros will be a huge hit for the wiiu, and destiny will be a huge hit...for the ps4, less for the one.
+ smash bros is your typical long seller, same as mario kart and others nintendo games.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
VanceIX said:
Destiny will be a much bigger title on PS4 than Xbone, and Smash Bros. is probably the most anticipated Wii U game this generation. I doubt Destiny on Xbone sells more.

Even more than Mario Kart 8?

I believe so. Smash bros has been one of, if not the biggest party games.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

nope!

Switch!!!

Ka-pi96 said:
BenVTrigger said:
There's certainly a chance in 2014 sales it will.

Because Smash may sell 0 units this year......

I believe you also said there were rumours a big Nintendo release was being delayed... interesting... very interesting indeed.

Man that would be a terrible blow for nintendo if they can't get smash out on wii u for the holiday rush.

padib said:
Short term yes, long term no.

Thinking the same here.

Unless you're talking about a set time frame Smash will outsell Destiny on a single platform.