By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How much money could Nintendo make on a Mario movie?

very little

Around the Network
JazzB1987 said:
Blob said:
Eh Mario doesnt really have the personality to carry a movie to be honest.

Neither does nathan drake but it doesnt stop an uncharted movie from being made.

Its not like you cant make up a personality or well fine tune the little bits one already has.

That type of personality worked for other movies - no reason for it not to work in Uncharted.

DonFerrari said:
tak13 said:
RenCutypoison said:

They already sold mario's soul to hollywood, it made one of the worst movie ever.

According to wikipedia :
Budget $48 million
Box office $20,915,465

Even a commercial flop.Video game adaptations were never great movies. Some were average though (ex : Silent Hill).

ooooooh such a huge budget for this movie:O:O:O:O:O:O:O...21million box office isnt a failure...the excessive budget making this looking a failure:P

Anything that have earning of half the expenditure is a failure, at least commercialy speaking.

of course dear,i know that...read my comment carefully, i m not saying that is a success but it could be with a lower bugdet than the box office:P...watching the movie made me thought that is a 5-10mill bugdet movie...when i saw 48mill, i ve been shocked!!!!!!

Unless it has tits and ass, it will flop.

With that said, I wouldn't mind seeing princess peach with t'n'a

Zelda or Metroid are far more interesting IPs for a movie. Or even StarFox as a fully CGI film could work.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

not mario... but a zelda movie? with WW look...

tak13 said:
DonFerrari said:
tak13 said:

ooooooh such a huge budget for this movie:O:O:O:O:O:O:O...21million box office isnt a failure...the excessive budget making this looking a failure:P

Anything that have earning of half the expenditure is a failure, at least commercialy speaking.

of course dear,i know that...read my comment carefully, i m not saying that is a success but it could be with a lower bugdet than the box office:P...watching the movie made me thought that is a 5-10mill bugdet movie...when i saw 48mill, i ve been shocked!!!!!!

Well, anyway 21M revenue aint sucessefull... but I actually liked the movie.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Not much. It won't flop but it won't do great. If it had a unique story then I could see it doing well. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I don't think Mario would make for a very good movie, but it would be a pretty great show or series of shorts. Kids love physical humor, so populate the world with great supporting characters and leave Mario and Luigi largely silent and I think you've got something good on your hands. I mean come on, just look at Bowser in the Paper Mario games. He would carry the show by himself!

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

JazzB1987 said:
Blob said:
Eh Mario doesnt really have the personality to carry a movie to be honest.

Neither does nathan drake but it doesnt stop an uncharted movie from being made.

Its not like you cant make up a personality or well fine tune the little bits one already has.

lol @ Drake having no personality! This reason behind this statement is too obvious.