By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny Beta PS4 vs Xbox One Screenshot Comparison: Many Similarities, Quite a Few Differences

GribbleGrunger said:
KLXVER said:

lol post any picture and you choose the two thats in the dark...

What ... I say, what? I'll tell you what, you post a comparison that  proves you're right. There's plenty of pics to choose from. I'm waiting.

Around the Network
iceboy151 said:
If someone were to give me any version to play, I couldn't even tell which one it was. The fact that people have to dissect these pictures says everything. People playing on the Xbox One will have the exact same experience as PS4 users.

huh? what are you talking about. Differences are apperant at first glace. 

@underlined: no buddy is arguing that, this thread however is about the visuals of the game, not the gameplay or experience. 

KLXVER said:
GribbleGrunger said:
KLXVER said:

What ... I say, what? I'll tell you what, you post a comparison that  proves you're right. There's plenty of pics to choose from. I'm waiting.

The X1 versions are darker and lower resolution in these pictures.

KLXVER said:
GribbleGrunger said:
KLXVER said:

You honestly can't see that these pictures prove it's darker on the XB1?

I think we're done, and bare in mind that it only happens when upscaled so it won't be this dark on the XB1 when it gets the 1080p patch.

The PS5 Exists. 

KLXVER said:

you are mistaking over saturation with brightness. these pics have a big specular parts on some objects in the scene, the upscaler is oversaturating them and causing them to blow out of proportion, giving you the sense that "things are brighter" when they arent. look at the parts of the shots with shadows on them they are much darker due to over saturation. 

Around the Network

I think you guys are trolling me, but thats fine

bananaking21 said:
iceboy151 said:
If someone were to give me any version to play, I couldn't even tell which one it was. The fact that people have to dissect these pictures says everything. People playing on the Xbox One will have the exact same experience as PS4 users.

huh? what are you talking about. Differences are apperant at first glace. 

@underlined: no buddy is arguing that, this thread however is about the visuals of the game, not the gameplay or experience. 

Maybe to you, but I guarantee you millions of other people wouldn't even be able to tell the difference at first glance.

Pretty close. XBO version looks noticably softer (lower res).. though it is still in Beta, and Bungie did say they were going to get the game running at 1080p, come launch. Then you have the gamma/contrast differences, but that ones on MS.

I'm also interested to see if bumping up resolution on XBO will have much (if any) impact on performance or visuals, in game.

Of course PS4 version will look better and it will be the best version, PS4 has superior hardware. Plus the extra contents on PS4.   

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

They look very different. PS4 appears cold, while X1 has the kind of color and saturation that I really like.