By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny Beta PS4 vs Xbox One Screenshot Comparison: Many Similarities, Quite a Few Differences

cpg716 said:
mr_capello said:
holy crap those xb1 colors are ugly
crushed blacks , blown out whites
I don't get how some people think that it looks better

It does NOT look like this though.  I have both systems and played them both a few levels. The blacks are NOT crushed like these images shows and the colors are NOT oversaturated like the OP images..     Can't explain it..  But there was little to NO difference besides some better detail on the PS4. 

Ran game at the same time and even compared same scenes by switching inputs..  

I have also seen the games side by side and it has to be your TV I see a noticeable difference. The colors look bad and little details are missing from the Xb1 version like the lights on the towers as pictured in this thread... Thr crushed blacks looked bad  and the overly bright whites did not help. I was actuallyounger feeling like I was going to throw up. It reminded me back in the day with call of duty on pic... The game on my old crt made me sick played it on my first lcd and I was fine. Could never play turok64 either.

I have not had an issue playing the PS4 version though. I am not saying it looks bad because it does not, but right now from what I have seen the PS4 version is without a doubt the better looking game.

Around the Network

Those crushed blacks on Xbox One are awful. Besides that though looks great

Surprise. The PS4 version looks better. Who would have guessed? Open them in full res if you want to see the true difference. The small pictures don't show much detail.

KLXVER said:
GribbleGrunger said:
KLXVER said:

Looks pretty much identical. The XB1 version a bit brighter

What? Are you kidding? These probably don't represent what the game actually looks like on the XB1 but the BX1 is so much darker than the PS4 version that I'd have to assume you're being sarcastic.

What? The XB1 version looks brighter. Not really debatable...

You are being ridiculous. The XB1 version has those same old crushing blacks that cause a loss of detail. How is that brighter?

Kyuu said:
KLXVER said:
I think you guys are trolling me, but thats fine

[img]
[img]

The X1 version is much darker but also higher in contrast. This is why the whites ocassionally appear brighter.

And what is funny is Polygon had a video comparison and in that the PS4 version seemed to have a higer contrast. (Which everyone said in the comments)...

Point being this captured videos and images do about NOTHING to show comparisons.   Again for me.. on the same TV switching inputs to compare.. the BETA looked about the same on PS4 and X1. The crushing blacks and oversatured colors were NOT present on the X1. The PS4 had a slight better level of detail but I had to REALLY look hard to see it. Playing the game these differences wouid not be noticed at all.

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

Around the Network
cpg716 said:
Kyuu said:
KLXVER said:
I think you guys are trolling me, but thats fine

[img]
[img]

The X1 version is much darker but also higher in contrast. This is why the whites ocassionally appear brighter.

And what is funny is Polygon had a video comparison and in that the PS4 version seemed to have a higer contrast. (Which everyone said in the comments)...

Point being this captured videos and images do about NOTHING to show comparisons.   Again for me.. on the same TV switching inputs to compare.. the BETA looked about the same on PS4 and X1. The crushing blacks and oversatured colors were NOT present on the X1. The PS4 had a slight better level of detail but I had to REALLY look hard to see it. Playing the game these differences wouid not be noticed at all.

I looks like it's your TV, I assure you the crushed blacks and over saturation of colors are present! Game looks great with the PS4 however... but the issues with the XB1 will be fixed once it  gets the resolution upgrade. Still for the post part you can see they went for parity the extra horsepower the PS4 has over the XB1 was not really used... oh well games going to be great regardless.

I hope they revamp significantly for gen8 consoles before too long PS4 and even XB1 are capable of far FAR better than this cross gen crap. As a game Destiny is fine, as a technical achievement it's pretty sad. The 360 version is really close other than resolution, and that's just pathetic. D2 needs to come no later than 2016, and 8g only.

Why? Game play is not effected at all. The game is fun, story looks to be top notch... It's not like this game looks like something that came out of the Playstation 2 era.

With the way content is going to be delivered it's highly doubtful this game see's a sequel anytime soon.