By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny Beta PS4 vs Xbox One Screenshot Comparison: Many Similarities, Quite a Few Differences

They look pretty much the same, with the primary exception being he inconstant brightest of the X1 and it being slightly blurrier. The beta is 900p though, so that's not surprising.

Forced parity as expected. A shame, but oh well.

Around the Network

The darks are way too prominent on the Xbone version.

Other than that, the game looks similar. The resolution difference should be fixed by launch.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Having now played the Destiny Beta on both PS4 and X1 until Level 3.... I can say there is NOT much difference.. Which with the X1 Beta not running at native 1080p is interesting.

I will say that the "crushing blacks" seen in those pics are NOT apparent when playing the game. Also matters where you set the brightness level. But I did screen by screen (switching inputs at same screens) to compare. My blacks were no where NEAR what these images show. Both being played on my 1080p LG TV. Again. Almost indistinguishable, with the PS4 having slight detail edge. But that would be because its running native 1080p.

I would say the ONLY difference was the controller. I would have to say I liked playing it a LITTLE better on the X1 controller compared to the PS4. I initially liked the PS4 controller in general a little better then the X1 for all games, but as time goes by I seem to prefer the X1. The PS4 feels better initially in the hand, but as time goes on that good feeling fades. I can't explain it.

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

The difference is pretty minimal and is certainly attributed to the resolution difference. The Xbox One version isn't as sharp and because of the Xbox Ones upscaler all of the blacks have been turned into inky pits of doom.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Such petty differences...PS4 has more detail where the XBO is super dark but it also doesn't seem to have as much shadow depth as you'd expect in some spots. I guess that is better for the game so you can see everything.
Not a big deal at all.

Around the Network

Xbox is a bit darker but they look the same.

Dat crushing black on Xone version.

So basically the XB1 version has darker lighting. Oh well back to more important things in life for me.

Zekkyou said:
They look pretty much the same, with the primary exception being he inconstant brightest of the X1 and it being slightly blurrier. The beta is 900p though, so that's not surprising.

Forced parity as expected. A shame, but oh well.

I don't think this is forced parity I think this is just the result of the game being made for 360/PS4.

GribbleGrunger said:
KLXVER said:

Looks pretty much identical. The XB1 version a bit brighter

What? Are you kidding? These probably don't represent what the game actually looks like on the XB1 but the BX1 is so much darker than the PS4 version that I'd have to assume you're being sarcastic.

The Xbox versions contrast is greater. The dark areas area are a lot darker but also the highlights are brighter too. Obviously this may not be intended but its quite apparent in the those shots.