By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So why are people OK with ads on the 360/One dashboard?

Are you OK with ads on you console?`

Yup 60 13.16%

Nope 311 68.20%

Indifferent 54 11.84%

See results 29 6.36%

Total:454
Too_Talls said:
Idk......... Ive had a 360 for so long, at this point when I turn it on I know exactly what I want to do, and I don't have to look for it, I just press A............the adds were never an issue for me.

Gamers, man.  Gamers.  We LOOK for things to complain about.  Just like how somebody complained about how they now have to reach so far to press the LB/RB buttons on the Xbox One controller compared to the 360 controller --when the buttons are the exact same distance as before except the empty space on the 360 controller has been replaced with larger buttons.  It's like some people wake up looking for something to get mad about.

Around the Network
VanceIX said:
toastboy44562 said:
So youre going to give up on your favorite franchises and gaming all together because you did not want to see a nonintrusive ad on the dashboard? I'm willing to bet you've never played a 360 before!

And no, I'm not gving up on gaming at all, I've got other consoles plenty, and I don't use my 360 much anyway. It just doesn't seem right that this is completely OK.

Even with this, I still mildly agree with the point toast boy was getting across, and your comment furthers my belief in that regard.

Your console is so under used you may as well not have even had one, Come on the sticker still in tact perfectly underneath the disk tray?

If the 360 was something you spent enough time on to have a valuable opinion of it's experience that thing would have at least started to peel by now.

ofcourse you'd have gripes about small issues on something you barley use. Esspecially if it's different than what you are used to. primary 360 users aren't bothered by something so petty, it's nit picking.

It's  a GAME console and when it plays GAMES, there arent any adds........What exactly are you using it for? If it's game you want to acces thats easy to find with the quick dash............Arghh smh people these days.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

Slade6alpha said:
kitler53 said:
to a certain extent i'm okay with ads. i think ads that promote new game releases and sales are okay. honestly,. i kind of like it because maybe i didn't know a flash sale was going on and i'd miss it without a prompt.

...but if i got ads for doritos or pizza hut and the such i'd be quite annoyed. part of the reason my only tv service is netflix is because it lacks ads. why anyone would pay for hulu and then still have to sit through ads is beyond me. and cable,.. what a joke. for something that costs $60 a month the amount of ads is ridiculous. i'd never accept that service again and i'm glad i haven't supported cable in over 10 years now.

Admit it Kitler, you're just bias against Pizza Hut. Lol

OT: never notice them anymore as they are never overtaking anything. As long as they are doing just that and not becoming like tv ads,im okay. If I load up the start screen and some ad with a timer overtakes the screen I'll be pissed. Sometimes it does piss me off when you're scrolling the home screen and you gloss over one accidentally and it plays. 

Hilarious response to Toastboy, lmao! 

truthfact#  when i'm not here i'm on http://www.gosarpinos.com/ giving them all my love and affection.

Richard_Feynman said:
VanceIX said:
toastboy44562 said:
So youre going to give up on your favorite franchises and gaming all together because you did not want to see a nonintrusive ad on the dashboard? I'm willing to bet you've never played a 360 before!

And no, I'm not gving up on gaming at all, I've got other consoles plenty, and I don't use my 360 much anyway. It just doesn't seem right that this is completely OK.

That was great!

Aye gotta say, that made me lol, bit strange he left the thread after that tho, I would have expected an apology to be honest rather than just ignoring it and moving on, guess can just presume infuture there is no point disputing toastboy since if proved wrong he just leaves without a word.

I gotta say Vancel btw, I can't stand the adverts on the dashboard either but hear in Ireland it's only ever the bottom right corner that has an advert for something non game related, but saying that sometimes it has movie streams down there and if you happen to move over the window while scrolling across towards the store the audio from it will play and those can be fuckin loud at times, not great if you've got a massive sound system to suddenly get a blast of a shit movie trailer.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

People are actually defending ads on the UI of a electronics device? Wow!

I'm really lost for words on this one but people need to understand that you shouldn't have to see ads on a device that you paid for and pay yearly subscription to. It's absolutly insane when you also consider that you have to pay for every game you play.

Please lets not compare this to cable because it's not the same.

Around the Network
Too_Talls said:

Even with this, I still mildly agree with the point toast boy was getting across, and your comment furthers my belief in that regard.

Your console is so under used you may as well not have even had one, Come on the sticker still in tact perfectly underneath the disk tray?

If the 360 was something you spent enough time on to have a valuable opinion of it's experience that thing would have at least started to peel by now.

ofcourse you'd have gripes about small issues on something you barley use. Esspecially if it's different than what you are used to. primary 360 users aren't bothered by something so petty, it's nit picking.

It's  a GAME console and when it plays GAMES, there arent any adds........What exactly are you using it for? If it's game you want to acces thats easy to find with the quick dash............Arghh smh people these days.

wow, that's a textbook red herring fallacy, type argumentum ad hominem

I applaud you for that

Lafiel said:
Too_Talls said:

wow, that's a textbook red herring fallacy, type argumentum ad hominem

I applaud you for that

aye... guy takes care of his consoles, it's raised up from carpet on a shelf.... that means he never uses it! clearly!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Xbox fans will defend anything MS, ignore them, it is assinine to see ads all over xbox, PS and nintendo don't have any. it is just who MS is. Thye don't care about gaming never have, it was a way to get a trojan horse into the living room, luckily they showed there hand and it failed.

d21lewis said:
Too_Talls said:
Idk......... Ive had a 360 for so long, at this point when I turn it on I know exactly what I want to do, and I don't have to look for it, I just press A............the adds were never an issue for me.

Gamers, man.  Gamers.  We LOOK for things to complain about.  Just like how somebody complained about how they now have to reach so far to press the LB/RB buttons on the Xbox One controller compared to the 360 controller --when the buttons are the exact same distance as before except the empty space on the 360 controller has been replaced with larger buttons.  It's like some people wake up looking for something to get mad about.

Or maybe some have better standards in a product then you..An add filled garbage dashboard is not waht i want in my games console OS, and i don;t blame them. It is there right, they are not wrong or being inreasonable.

SWORDF1SH said:
People are actually defending ads on the UI of a electronics device? Wow!

I'm really lost for words on this one but people need to understand that you shouldn't have to see ads on a device that you paid for and pay yearly subscription to. It's absolutly insane when you also consider that you have to pay for every game you play.

Please lets not compare this to cable because it's not the same.

These are the same people who say "It's Ok you tried to kill game ownership and ship a trojan horse in our houses MS" we forgive you cause PR reasons. People are sheep, xbox fans are amongst the worst. X1 and MS the faster they get out of gaming the better.,