By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Does MS have an IP that on level with Gears or Halo that we don't know about?

I'm gonna say YES... no real evidence.. just a hunch..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
If it's one we don't know about, what are we supposed to say here?

I asked the question. I never said we. I was wondering if anyone knew anything I didn't know.

Ummm.. We is in your topic

Azerth said:
i think they will go back to the black tusk ip once gears is out

Dude...Gears of War will most likely not be out until 2017. The preliminary work for Gears is still underway. If MS focused on multiple IP's with Black Tusk that would be a new move by MS. MS is known for keeping their studios focused on one game whom have a heavy hitter.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
If it's one we don't know about, what are we supposed to say here?

I asked the question. I never said we. I was wondering if anyone knew anything I didn't know.

Title: Does MS have an IP that on level with Gears or Halo that we don't know about?

If we don't know about it, there's nothing much we can do here but mindless speculate.

Neodegenerate said:
They certainly have IPs in the pipeline that they believe will be of that level. All companies do. The fact that we don't know about them though leads one to believe they probably aren't going to be released in the immediate future.

I just don't know anymore. After they dropped that promising new IP they were hyping up it killed what little confidence I had in the first place. Internal development is always my biggest worry about MS. Hopefully they pick up the pieces because I love when companies internally create new IP's.

Around the Network

Is anyone coming out with Halo/Gears level new IPs at the moment? Sure watch dogs and destiny are going to sell but to me these sales come across as forced. Genuinly loved high selling IPs don't come around often and im not sure if any of the big 3 have any coming out.

quickest way to deal with this thread is to just post upcoming games and if it hits 6 million plus you can say: "I told you so"

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that they are probably on that IP as we're typing!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Zekkyou said:
I expect they're working on something they hope will be, but no, they don't have any recently released/announced titles likely to match anything close to the sales potential of Halo or Gears.

No one has much of anything like that right now. The only new exclusive IP to hit those types of sales recently is TLOU.

The Order is going through Uncharted style development and the chances of TLOU 2 coming out is high. Guerrila Games is also working on a AAA which will be revealed soon. Singleplayer first, multiplayer later. Heavy hitters have been revealed. I don't need to worry about Sony. Nintendo is like Disney, their hallmark is built around characters, but hopefully Miyamoto at least creates one last new IP before he retires. 

Hold on a sec...maybe its Quantum Break? MS has the rights to that game from Remedy this time, so maybe that will be the game. I was hoping it would be internal, but MS owns the IP. Thats how they do business so that might just do it.

Perfect Dark probably but only if they Reboot it right, the only IP that maybe has a chance right now is Quantum Break.