By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Does MS have an IP that on level with Gears or Halo that we don't know about?

NiKKoM said:

quickest way to deal with this thread is to just post upcoming games and if it hits 6 million plus you can say: "I told you so"

I'm doubting this will sell more than one million.  If it does sell more than six million, then "I told you so" away.

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
NiKKoM said:

quickest way to deal with this thread is to just post upcoming games and if it hits 6 million plus you can say: "I told you so"

I'm doubting this will sell more than one million.  If it does sell more than six million, then "I told you so" away.

It's a little early to tell don't you think.

Consoles: 3DS, Wii U, and Vita soon. Super Paper Mario fan.

Titanfall was it.

jlmurph2 said:
MoHasanie said:
Yeah they need to work on that People are getting tired of Gears and Halo.

Are they though? lol Halo seems to be the only thing people will buy an Xbox for. And Gears is far away so I wouldn't know, but Gears 3 was a masterpiece.

People aren't sick of Halo yet but if they release too many then I think people will. And I'm sure people are getting tired of Gears based on the sales of Gow Judgement. But my main point is that MS needs a new big IP. They won't accept the same Halo, Gears, and Forza games  only again this gen. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I don't get the analogy of people getting "tired" of Halo. I really don't.
What FPS plays better or is a better saga than Halo? What's an alternative game with a better experience?
Or Gears series, which every TPS and their moms copy their game mechanics style?

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
MoHasanie said:

Are they though? lol Halo seems to be the only thing people will buy an Xbox for. And Gears is far away so I wouldn't know, but Gears 3 was a masterpiece.

Gears of War 3 wasn't a Masterpiece.  It had the lowest Game Ranking's score of any game in the series other than the incredibly mediocre Judgement which only scored in the 70s.  The Masterpiece and Overall Game of the Year for 2012, the year Gears 3 released, was ThatGameCompany's Journey exclusively on the World's Finest Seventh Gen Console Sony's Playstation 3.

Also still waiting to see Gameplay on ScaleBound and Phantom Dust to see the quality of the titles.

MoHasanie said:
jlmurph2 said:
MoHasanie said:

People aren't sick of Halo yet but if they release too many then I think people will. And I'm sure people are getting tired of Gears based on the sales of Gow Judgement. But my main point is that MS needs a new big IP. They won't accept the same Halo, Gears, and Forza games again this gen. 

Well Judgment was a shitty effort by a 2nd studio in Epic without the real Gears guys so it's obvious why it didn't sell as well. But people are ready for Gears to get back to why they love it. People aren't sick of AC and they release 1 or 2 games a year. The Halo 5 development time and super early month long beta will be the test of if 343i has what it takes to do a FULL Halo game right. They have no problems with story, its just that MP that needs an adjustment which it will get. Halo 4 was almost an Xbox One launch title, it would have been so damn polished if it ended up that way. But my point, people aren't tired of either, they just don't like change.

EdHieron said:
jlmurph2 said:
MoHasanie said:

Gears of War 3 wasn't a Masterpiece.  It had the lowest Game Ranking's score of any game in the series other than the incredibly mediocre Judgement which only scored in the 70s.  The Masterpiece and Overall Game of the Year for 2012, the year Gears 3 released, was ThatGameCompany's Journey exclusively on the World's Finest Seventh Gen Console Sony's Playstation 3.

Did you play it?

EdHieron said:

I would take Gears 10 times out of 10 when prompted to choose between the two.

Gears of War is a game in it's true nature. A game first and foremost where players interact with NPCs and other fellow gamers. Highly interactive and not a movie or art shenanigan wanna be. I know it's my opinion but I have more than six million fans to back me up.