By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Many PS4 Owners Not Happy With Latest Firmware Update, Demand More Features To Be Added

BraLoD said:

I used to read both sometime ago, but I just couldn't want to join GAF, there is too much hate there, so I ended up here xD

I used to have a GAF account  a few years ago, but I just said "fuck it" and left..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

sigh... xbox one can play 3d blue rays already which is kinda embarrassing on sonys part for releasing 3d movies.... and you cant even play it on their new flagship system which has been out for almost over 8 months now.

not to even get on the subject of how shitty supply of vitas they send to the US.

Im feeling that ps3 launch, head up the ass syndrome creeping in.

Oh well. i am grateful to have choices.

Below is leaked images of sony headquarters where they work on firmware updates.

MoHasanie said:
IsawYoshi said:
Yeah Sony, stop making the PS4 better!

They are mainly fixing problems with the PS4 and not really making it better. These problems shouldn't have existed in the first place. 

It would be great if problems never existed but in reality its not so simple.  The hardware and software that run these consoles are pretty complex.  There are bound to be little bugs and issues that come up that did not during QA.  You really cannot test all scenerios that a customer will encounter when dealing with such complex hardware and software.Thank goodness console makers can update their system.  If it was like the past, you just have to live with it or purchase a new console with an updated firmware.

As long as it plays the games I buy. Im happy

Machiavellian said:
MoHasanie said:
IsawYoshi said:

They are mainly fixing problems with the PS4 and not really making it better. These problems shouldn't have existed in the first place. 

It would be great if problems never existed but in reality its not so simple.  The hardware and software that run these consoles are pretty complex.  There are bound to be little bugs and issues that come up that did not during QA.  You really cannot test all scenerios that a customer will encounter when dealing with such complex hardware and software.Thank goodness console makers can update their system.  If it was like the past, you just have to live with it or purchase a new console with an updated firmware.

Yes of course. But these updates are just bringing the console to the state it should have been in was released. If they did more quality assurance testing then these problems wouldn't exist. In the past, you couldn't download any updates so products released then were tested more vigurously. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
Machiavellian said:
MoHasanie said:
IsawYoshi said:

Yes of course. But these updates are just bringing the console to the state it should have been in was released. If they did more quality assurance testing then these problems wouldn't exist. In the past, you couldn't download any updates so products released then were tested more vigurously. 

Funny how people are complaining about all of the "stability updates" for the PS4...while several other articles are saying that the XB1 lacks stability and desperately needs updating!  LOL...You can't have it both ways!  If you want a stable system, you are going to have to endure the occasional patch that does nothing but fixes problems...and it's not like Sony isn't working on adding features as well as working on "stability updates" either!

jnemesh said:

Funny how people are complaining about all of the "stability updates" for the PS4...while several other articles are saying that the XB1 lacks stability and desperately needs updating!  LOL...You can't have it both ways!  If you want a stable system, you are going to have to endure the occasional patch that does nothing but fixes problems...and it's not like Sony isn't working on adding features as well as working on "stability updates" either!

Get out of here with your logic!  We all know that companies are incapable of working on multiple things at once and that naturally the stability update is taking up the entire day for the entire dev team.  I will never get my precious <insert remarkably underused but useful to 3 people feature here> because they are too concerned with having a stable product!

jnemesh said:

I never wrote the article though. But still, the main message of the article was that the PS4 was behind X1 in terms of features and all the new updates were just for stability. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Several users? More like a minority of users since they can not give the actual number. There are some features i and everyone wants, but I am not complaining about them.

jlmurph2 said:
Instant resume is pretty awesome. I can turn off my Xbox while playing a game, go to work, come back home in the exact same spot. Its kinda scary lol. But PS4 owners shouldn't complain, MS is a software giant. Of course we're able to get monthly updates. Give Sony some time.

that is only for that one game though? I would not use it sense I would be playing other games anyway and have to stop my current play through.Seems like a useless feature in the long eun and is just hype.