By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Many PS4 Owners Not Happy With Latest Firmware Update, Demand More Features To Be Added

In terms of timing, they will want to go for maximum impact and that would be at a games event, probably was not ready for E3, and so they decided europe and Gamescom was the best place to do it, unfortunately people saw the "stability patch" and got mad.

I'm not too bothered about most of the things the internet are complaining about, they are minor issues when compared to stability of the console and games... of course I would like to change the UI background, and certainly put games into folders (because it's getting a bit of a pain)... but would expect those to be fixed at some point, and that minor annoyance (when apparently the average number of games owned by console owners is only 3 per user)... is not necessarily the end of the world.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network

Agree. I think i read they waiting until gamescon to release a much bigger update with media playback and the likes, but they are taking their sweet time. I'm not mad as these other guys but the sooner the better.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Some people need to try living in a third world country where something like eating isn't even guaranteed. Whiny little over entitled brats.

No shit Johnny!

Many probably care a lot more than me, for me it's mostly a question of principle... I don't have the PS3 anymore, but I have a PC in the livingroom, so it takes care of the streaming... however, media playback is a basic feature these days, if they can't do it, ask the xbmc guys for a port, just send them dev kits, I am sure they will gladly oblige and it will be AMAZING!

as for the other features, I barely have time to use it, so honestly I keep forgetting I want them...

I would like to be able to use the avatars I got on PSN directly from the PS4, or even better, set some custom made avatars!

The backgrounds should be customizable, at least let us change the color and choose a few different animations!

DLNA support would be great, it does not have to be in the firmware, just an app will do the trick very well.

For everything else, it's a great console with a swift OS, maybe with some folders or categories for the games it would be better, if you have over 10 games the horizontal list becomes un-practical.

These all seem like very small changes to me, I just find it strange that none of these were done before the video editing studion thing.

kupomogli said:
Not happy with a free update, but happy Sony is porting a year old game with a marginal resolution bump?

You'd almost think some people have a different opinion to yours on the jump from 720p/30fps to 1080p/60fps.

I know. I'm full of crazy ideas.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
Well to be honest, they are 1st place and don't have to do anything in a rush. They can give their users updates when they are good and ready, they can afford to do so

Sony's bread and butter has nothing to do with software updates and OS and gamers who buy Playstation products should get this fact until Sony finally understands how to effenciently work that process out. Thats Microsoft's bread and butter. Sony does hardware and games. That they can properly deliver. For Sony the updates will take time. All in due time. MS will always outperform them there as i've told people there many times before. Sony is lucky MS doesn't outperform them on updates on a weekly basis.

Raziel123 said:
Dark_Feanor said:
What is "instant resume" that people are complaining about?

Is that the "swap" thing you do on the XOne? Going to from a game to a app and the game is suspended until you go back?

No, it's an handicap that the XB1 needs cause it takes over 1 minute to do a cold boot while the PS4 does it in 20 seconds

Not at all. Instant resume is starting your console up from suspend mode and starting exactly where you left off in a game/app no matter how long you've been away. It doesn't work on cold boot.

Also, who cold boots their console regularly anyway? You wouldn't be able to say Xbox On if you did. For me, 99% of the time the system is in sleep mode. Unless I unplug it for some reason which barely happens.

I can personally care less about features, i just want to be able to play games smoothly. And as for booting the console, i boot it everytime, unless i know i'm going to be playing later on in the day. Sometimes i don't have time to play it for a week or so at a time.

jlmurph2 said:

Not at all. Instant resume is starting your console up from suspend mode and starting exactly where you left off in a game/app no matter how long you've been away. It doesn't work on cold boot.

Also, who cold boots their console regularly anyway? You wouldn't be able to say Xbox On if you did. For me, 99% of the time the system is in sleep mode. Unless I unplug it for some reason which barely happens.

You're right, that's useful cause save games and checkpoints haven't been invented yet

I'm not even going to comment on that second half. But you gave me a good chuckle.

Just FYI XB1's sleep mode uses the same energy as a turned on computer monitor. Enjoy your bills.

Raziel123 said:
jlmurph2 said:

You're right, that's useful cause save games and checkpoints haven't been invented yet

I'm not even going to comment on that second half. But you gave me a good chuckle.

Just FYI XB1's sleep mode uses the same energy as a turned on computer monitor. Enjoy your bills.

Why criticize something just because you don't have it available? It is pretty good once you start using it.

FYI, I don't pay utilities in my apartment so I'm good :)