By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Many PS4 Owners Not Happy With Latest Firmware Update, Demand More Features To Be Added

Burek said:
I'm not complaining about this.
But I really want them to give any sort of download manager, what we have now is pitiful. At least back to PS3 functionality, ability to pause and prioritize downloads...

I do agree with this.  For some reason I have issues downloading from PSN where the download will just stop.  When this happen, I have to manually go to notifications/Download and retry.  It would be good if the system would retry at least a few times without my manual intervention.  The PS3 was also bad at download as well.

Around the Network
IsawYoshi said:
Yeah Sony, stop making the PS4 better!

They are mainly fixing problems with the PS4 and not really making it better. These problems shouldn't have existed in the first place. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Several users from RedditTwitter and Neogaf are disappointed that Sony have been extremely slow regarding their feature updates for the PlayStation 4. Although they have added the SHAREfactory feature and have several things planned for the future, most users believe that Sony should consistently start releasing features that make sense.

Several users on the internet got mad? might as well discontinue the console right now.

Dark_Feanor said:
What is "instant resume" that people are complaining about?

Is that the "swap" thing you do on the XOne? Going to from a game to a app and the game is suspended until you go back?

No, it's an handicap that the XB1 needs cause it takes over 1 minute to do a cold boot while the PS4 does it in 20 seconds

How unstable must the PS4 be? Every update seems to be about stability lol

I have never noticed my PS4 acting up

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

I can see where they're coming from. The PS4 is in need of some updates, and it's not getting them.

Raziel123 said:
Dark_Feanor said:

Is that the "swap" thing you do on the XOne? Going to from a game to a app and the game is suspended until you go back?

No, it's an handicap that the XB1 needs cause it takes over 1 minute to do a cold boot while the PS4 does it in 20 seconds

So, cold boot and "warm" boot times are the same for the PS4?

People are realy complaining about 20 seconds?

Well, it is kind of crazy that the x1 is getting 3d bluray playback before the ps4. 3d was sonys baby just a couple years ago...

Dark_Feanor said:
Raziel123 said:
Dark_Feanor said:

So, cold boot and "warm" boot times are the same for the PS4?

People are realy complaining about 20 seconds?

Essentially, yes. I would find most of the times, a cold boot is a couple seconds faster than the warm boot!

I'm looking forward to:
- 3D Blu-ray support
- Ability to pause downloads. The consoles donwloads everything on the queue at the same time, but sometimes I want to give priority to one donwload (like a game that is almost finished).