By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Many PS4 Owners Not Happy With Latest Firmware Update, Demand More Features To Be Added

jlmurph2 said:
Instant resume is pretty awesome. I can turn off my Xbox while playing a game, go to work, come back home in the exact same spot. Its kinda scary lol. But PS4 owners shouldn't complain, MS is a software giant. Of course we're able to get monthly updates. Give Sony some time.

That does sounds like an awesome feature. Before the X1 and PS4 released, Sony and MS mentioned lots of features and many haven't released yet. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

some of that feactx1will add ps4 allready has it .. so whats the deal

There are obviously a ton of features that I feel the PS4 needs and even more that I want it to have. But I am really not surprised with how sony is going about their updates. I think with teh PS4 we should expect no more than 2 or 3 feature updates per year.

So i am expecting a major update around september before destiny, or nov/dec. Then nothing till around E3 next year.

http://www.gamepur.com/news/15512-new-ps4-firmware-will-add-media-playback-features-and-some-new-stuff.html

New PS4 Firmware Will Add "Media Playback Features And Some New Stuff", Announcement Before GamesCom 2014

Well known industry insider Tidux strikes again, this time around teasing some interesting details regarding upcoming Playstation 4 firmware. Tidux via Twitter teased that Playstation 4 will soon receive some features that are already available on Playstation 3 along with some new stuff.

When asked some specific details regarding "How SOON" Playstation 4 owners can expect to hear an official announcement, Tidux replied "Before/Around GamesCom 2014".

Shaikh Sehran@ShaikhSehran

@Tidux @PS4G4M3PL4Y what those already available PS3 features are? can you please provide some hint

Tidux @Tidux
Follow
@ShaikhSehran @PS4G4M3PL4Y media playback

This new PS4 firmware teaser from Tidux looks pretty legit because a similar teaser was posted by SCEE representative Fred Dutton on Playstation Blog comment section. When a fan asked for some update on new PS4 firmware, Fred replied: "news coming very soon" and when asked for some specific time frame, he reiterated that "more information" will arrive in the near future.

Ka-pi96 said:
It's an update that makes the console more stable. What's really to complain about?

I want one SHAREfactory issues to be fixed. It currently has issue where Gameplay Audio in Rendered Video comes out too low even when there is no commentary or music track added. Aside from that, I don't mind if they improve media or whatever other issues people complain about, but I myself am perfectly happy with it just as it is, and more stable is more better.

I am very much in the camp of if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
It's an update that makes the console more stable. What's really to complain about?

What is wrong with complaining? There are ways that the console can be improved so why not complain? Just look what complaining did for the Xbox One.

My friend has a PS4 and he still doesn't use it as much as the PS3 because it is missing so many features. 

For me both consoles need to have external drive support. I'm not purchasing any console that doesn't have external drive support.

Question is, how many complainers actually own a PS4.

Yeah Sony, stop making the PS4 better!

Sony has done a pretty awful job of adding industry standard features that we had last gen.

What is "instant resume" that people are complaining about?

Is that the "swap" thing you do on the XOne? Going to from a game to a app and the game is suspended until you go back?