By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U owners can now transfer their data to another Wii U

This is just a baby step. There is so much that needs to be done to that console.

Around the Network
Danman27 said:
novasonic said:
Danman27 said:
This doesn't seem to solve the main problem created by this system that's still in the early 2000's era of online gaming. What if my wiiU breaks? Things I bought online are still gone because it sounds like both wiiU's need to be in working condition. Which if so, doesn't that defeat the purpose completely?

You can call Nintendo and have your NNID transfered to another console if it breaks. This has been known for a long time. They're just adding a feature to let you do it yourself if you just want to upgrade to a newer model. Could mean bigger storage models are planned for the future.

It shouldn't be that big of a hassle. 

PSN accounts are exactly the same if you've already linked two of the same console. Nintendo just only allows one of each console to be linked so people wont share NNID passwords and steal games. It is by no means the "2000's era" system you make it out to be.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

Danman27 said:
novasonic said:
Danman27 said:
This doesn't seem to solve the main problem created by this system that's still in the early 2000's era of online gaming. What if my wiiU breaks? Things I bought online are still gone because it sounds like both wiiU's need to be in working condition. Which if so, doesn't that defeat the purpose completely?

You can call Nintendo and have your NNID transfered to another console if it breaks. This has been known for a long time. They're just adding a feature to let you do it yourself if you just want to upgrade to a newer model. Could mean bigger storage models are planned for the future.

But you don't lose your games, something you didn't know an hour ago.

kinda just want to move my profile, so i can use it at a friends house

Systems Owned: PS1, PS2, PS3,PS4, Wii, WiiU, xbox, xbox 360, xbox one

novasonic said:
Danman27 said:
novasonic said:
Danman27 said:

PSN accounts are exactly the same if you've already linked two of the same console. Nintendo just only allows one of each console to be linked so people wont share NNID passwords and steal games. It is by no means the "2000's era" system you make it out to be.

'm pretty sure you can deactivate a Sony console/handheld without calling Sony. IIRC I deactivated my PsP via PC.

Even if my old ps3 break I can still deactivate it using my PC and without the hassle of calling Sony.

Currently playing

IOS - Knights of the Old Republic, Monster Hunter Freedom HD and Idolmaster Festa.

Steam-NovisNoah, Uplay-Limpanot, Origins-NovisNoah, PSN-NovisNoah, NNID-NovisNoah

Around the Network
WorldBreakerHulk said:

'm pretty sure you can deactivate a Sony console/handheld without calling Sony. IIRC I deactivated my PsP via PC.

Even if my old ps3 break I can still deactivate it using my PC and without the hassle of calling Sony.

I haven't done it myself, but when my friend needed to deactivate a console a couple years ago, he had to call Sony. Maybe something they've added since then?

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

novasonic said:
WorldBreakerHulk said:

I haven't done it myself, but when my friend needed to deactivate a console a couple years ago, he had to call Sony. Maybe something they've added since then?

Probably added it in Nov. 2011.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS3-General/How-to-deactivate-PS3-and-PSP-via-PC/td-p/14168007

"after this maintainance there is a way to deactivate ps3 and psp systems via pc. Note that you can only deactivate all via pc once every 6 months via pc so be careful."

Created 18-11-2011

Currently playing

IOS - Knights of the Old Republic, Monster Hunter Freedom HD and Idolmaster Festa.

Steam-NovisNoah, Uplay-Limpanot, Origins-NovisNoah, PSN-NovisNoah, NNID-NovisNoah

Better than nothing, but Nintendo needs an universal account system ASAP.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Danman27 said:

not really, I bought a Zelda console last November and to have my account transfered I had to send both WiiU to Nitnedo for a week. The only data transferes was my account. I lost all saved data and I had to re-download all my online games/updates not to mentioned that I have lost my Wii data tarnsfer.

So this is a big improvment on Nintnedo side. shame it is 8 month too late fo rme!

Switch!!!

Well its surprising this feature didn't exist before now.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54