By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So The Last Of Us: Remastered requires 50GB for installation.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Around the Network
IamAwsome said:
Fusioncode said:
What a pain in the ass. Going all digital this gen is becoming worse and worse.

And this is why the industry won't go 100% digital in the near future. 

OT: Anyone with an average internet connection ever try to download a game that big? 

Really? It barely fits on a blu ray! What's next?  

Mystro-Sama said:

http://www.gamepur.com/news/15506-last-us-remastered-ps4-needs-50-gb-hdd-space-installation-first-ps-vita.html

Well....... Shit o.o

expected, killzone was 50gb if im correct

hope 4 majora remake :D

I was considering getting the digital version but now I think i'll go physical...

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:
I was considering getting the digital version but now I think i'll go physical...

As others have said, this is the physical install. Although, since all PS4 games get installed on the HDD, it's not like it matters.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Dgc1808 said:

As others have said, this is the physical install. Although, since all PS4 games get installed on the HDD, it's not like it matters.

Why do they do that? We should have the option to just play it off the disc...

outlawauron said:
Dgc1808 said:

I get that. This is why I'm getting the physical version because now I know the digital version will be about just as huge. Installing games from a physical disc has me waiting 15-20 seconds tops. Installing from the PSN store will take significantly longer before I can start playing. Not a problem day one because of the pre-load option (I'm assuming there is one), but later on in the console life cycle, when i'm deleting games for space and re-installing when I want to play them again, this will make a huge difference.

4 ≈ One

JESUS! That is a shit ton. This game better make me breakfast too. Still worth it though.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

KLXVER said:
outlawauron said:
Dgc1808 said:

Why do they do that? We should have the option to just play it off the disc...

Because loading a standard PS4 game level is like 8x more data than a PS3 game (not an exact number but just to get the idea of what the problem is), but the BR drive in a PS4 is only 3 times as fast as the PS3's. The load time would be horrendous. In anycase, you can just delete the game data when you're done. It'll reinstall the next time you want to play and you'll only be waiting 20seconds tops to play the game.

4 ≈ One

ooof. Wonder how big the download will be.