By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So The Last Of Us: Remastered requires 50GB for installation.

I'm glad Nintendo hasn't taken this way of doing things

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

What the frig bro?

I don't get why it can't use the 6x blu-ray drive to play games from. Use the HDD for small frequently used files, but not the whole game. Tlou ps3 install size is 50mb and it runs fine of a 2x blu-ray drive.

At least installs and deleting games is quick. Deleting game data on ps3 was a pain, that's fixed. I delete game data for games I'm finished with, HDDs tend to slow down as they fill up. A 1TB SSD drive would be ideal, but that costs more than the console...
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8466640&CatId=5300
Maybe in a couple years that would be a nice upgrade.

Fusioncode said:
the-pi-guy said:
Fusioncode said:
What a pain in the ass. Going all digital this gen is becoming worse and worse.

This is for physical.  

Ugh. At this rate I can only buy 8 games for the system before I have to start deleting things. 

Upon reinstalling Shadow Fall, can't you get to playing the game in something like 2 minutes?

Roma said:

Nintendo games mostly are not Full HD assets games with complex world designs which needs a lot of space.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Around the Network

I've already had to start deleting things to retain space on my HDD. It's a good thing installs are so quick and you can play retail games while they install. But still...

I am the Playstation Avenger.

biglittlesps said:
Roma said:

Nintendo games mostly are not Full HD assets games with complex world designs which needs a lot of space.

yeah like Zelda WiiU

also devs do it better on PC

it's just bad design to have it that way. if you ask me they where too lazy to think of a better way to use the hardware as they had power before anything ells in mind

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Roma said:
biglittlesps said:
Roma said:

yeah like Zelda WiiU

it's just bad design to have it that way. if you ask me they where too lazy to think of a better way to use the hardware as they had power before anything ells in mind

Not true.  Maybe you missed Zekkyou's post but AC4 needs 30GB, Wolfenstein takes 50GB, CoD:Ghost 40GB, Watch Dogs 25GB. You can check steam yourself. A lot of the latest triple a games are huge on PC and unlike PS4, you've gotta wait for the entire download and first time setup to finish before you can start playing. Also, not sure why you bring up Zelda WiiU. We have no info on how big that game is.

4 ≈ One

Roma said:
biglittlesps said:
Roma said:

yeah like Zelda WiiU

what about zelda u?

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Dgc1808 said:
Roma said:
biglittlesps said:
Roma said:

yeah like Zelda WiiU

Not true.  Maybe you missed Zekkyou's post but AC4 needs 30GB, Wolfenstein takes 50GB, CoD:Ghost 40GB, Watch Dogs 25GB. You can check steam yourself. A lot of the latest triple a games are huge on PC and unlike PS4, you've gotta wait for the entire download and first time setup to finish before you can start playing. Also, not sure why you bring up Zelda WiiU. We have no info on how big that game is.

Yes, but that's because the PC versions use higher res textures by default, since they can offer higher settings than the PS4.

I <3 Classic Platformers!

Multi-console Owner FTW