By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do You Still Think Wii U Can Do 25 million??

toastboy44562 said:

GameCube only managed around 21 million if I am not mistaken.

It's still tracking a couple million below gamecube (even below dreamcast).

It is more underpowered and has less third party support than the GameCube had during its lifespan.

Its biggest game came out and it can only manage to do 60k in a week.*

Almost all of its high selling franchises are already on the platform (just missing Smash Bros)

Smash Bros is also on 3DS.

Japan is a smaller market now than ever before.

The New Zelda is cartoon which most zelda fans dislike.

Will probably have a shorter lifespan than the GameCube due to it not being as powerful as the competition and being much cheaper.

Online lags far behind than the competition.

Nintendo so expect essentially zero advertising.

Wii U is being discontinued in some major retailers in the US just like Vita

I see no way the Wii U can outsell gamecube. If anything the Wii U will hit 17 million. What do you think?

Actually the wii u managed to reach over 130,000 units during the week that, that game had been released. Infact it helped the wii u reach a new baseline and with smash bros and the new zelda coming out that baseline will only keep increasing.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network
Gammalad said:
Wii U will sell at least 25M if its lucky it will surpass the N64

I think 25M easily at the highest I think 35M 

phaedruss said:
Nintentacle said:

The only thing I can really respond to this is a bet.

If Wii U stays above 45k for the rest of the year with VGChartz numbers, I win.

What kind of a bet is that? 45k seems completely likely, but that's not all that great is it?

Okay, then how about 50K?

Yeah I always thought WiiU could do 25M max and still stand with that

DerNebel said:
Lucas-Rio said:
Angelv577 said:
I would agree with you as long as the console keeps tracking behind the gamecube. There's no indication so far that it will start tracking above.

There is a lot of indication. Once Wii U price will be slashed in one year probably, it will do better. Nintendo brand is way stronger than at the GC time. The Wii U will slowly rise and it has begun.

Those are not indicators, they are just pretty much baseless claims.

The indicators are there, you chose to not pick them.

Wii U had a disastrous start, but it doesn't count as ,it was in the market one year before. Public awareness will improve, heavy hitters are now being released and the price will ultimately fall. Everything will improve the Wii U situation.

Around the Network

I think a lot of them reasons were so crap lol.

biggest game made Wii U sell over 100,000k and is still performing much better than it did when MK8 didn't release.

Fail to see that Nintendo has much more franchises than what you think, Wii did launch with a new franchise which was Wii Sports and just Zelda.

Zelda being a cartoon is nothing, people did that with Wind Waker and ended up loving, Nintendo will show more of the game and people will get over it though I always see more praise than hate so god knows where your looking.

Japan is not a smaller market, it's home consoles are shit because there is crap all interesting, Vita has a few highs and only does that because of Japanese games and 3DS is the only one that is making Japan want a console because Nintendo are the only ones doing it right.

Smash Bros on 3DS is bull because so many games are multi-platform on other consoles and can still makie sales rise. They will advertise the Wii U version a lot so I doubt it's going to fail and Amiibo is there which also comes to the point of even if Wii U doesn't sell big, they will still make money unlike other companies.

Wii U is still available in a lot of peoples and currently been stocking up more due to short stock with MK8 bundles

Nintendo never shortens a lifespan just like the Gamecube didn't. And the hole not being powerful is so irritating these days, Is wear people use it just for the same of it because it gets boring now. Clearly it's good enough if people are slowly buying them more and if it was about the graphics then why are we prefering Nintendo's portables over Sony's lol. Called games.

I don't think you know anything if i'm honest. I'm not even trying to defend Nintendo, but so manty reasons aren't even true and clearly shows you haven't researched. Wouldn't be surprised if you made some numbers up.

Lucas-Rio said:
DerNebel said:
Lucas-Rio said:

There is a lot of indication. Once Wii U price will be slashed in one year probably, it will do better. Nintendo brand is way stronger than at the GC time. The Wii U will slowly rise and it has begun.

Wii U had a disastrous start, but it doesn't count as ,it was in the market one year before. Public awareness will improve, heavy hitters are now being released and the price will ultimately fall. Everything will improve the Wii U situation.

Again, you're pretty much just saying and claiming things here, so I'm not ignoring anything.

Public awareness will improve: Not an indicator, just a claim

Heavy hitters will release: Not an indicator either, just a statement

Price will fall: Still not an indicator that it will do better than the GC

Just to finish this off, the GC sold 124k in June 2003s NPD, with its biggest seller being 3 months old Wind Waker at 81k, so please show me again, what all those indicators of the Wii U selling better than the Gamecube are.

And what is that bolded sentence supposed to mean?

DerNebel said:
Lucas-Rio said:
DerNebel said:
Lucas-Rio said:

Again, you're pretty much just saying and claiming things here, so I'm not ignoring anything.

Public awareness will improve: Not an indicator, just a claim

Heavy hitters will release: Not an indicator either, just a statement

Price will fall: Still not an indicator that it will do better than the GC

Just to finish this off, the GC sold 124k in June 2003s NPD, with its biggest seller being 3 months old Wind Waker at 81k, so please show me again, what all those indicators of the Wii U selling better than the Gamecube are.

And what is that bolded sentence supposed to mean?

You are now a lone naysayer, one of the last one remaining, who can't take the fact that the Wii U is on the verge of being saved and your dream of it becoming the new dreamcast is being destroyed.

You better get used to it. It's only upward from now.

It may outsell GC, but I don't think it's gonna reach 25 mio. ~22 imo.

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!                                                                  

Which major retailers are dropping it? I know some minor retailers here is AU who have dropped it but nobody likes Nintendo over here.

Edit: Also, yes I think it can do 25m.