By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Things people say and decide to forget when talking bad about the Playstaion 4

Troll_Whisperer said:
ikki5 said:

Except, big problem here. All the consoles DIDN'T do good. They did mediocre if not poor. You are comparing that the consoles did well based on the sales from what their predacessors typically sold I am assuming because yeah, these numbers were normal for them but the problem is, These are a new console, not a console at the end of the gneeration like they were last year with the PS3 and the Xbox 360. The PS4 is selling just as well as the PS3 did last year towards the end of the PS3's life, yeah, I bet I am going to get someone arguing that t"oh, the PS3 still has life in it, well, I don't care, it was still the end of the generation but still, you'd think that a fresh new console would sell much better than your usual numbers for the end of a generation. This is why people are claiming the PS4 lost/is losing it's steam and that people are being blinded by the numbers saying it's fine because it is how they always sell.... yeah but should a new console be selling just like the predacessor at the end of it's generation? No, it would be doing a heck of a lot better. This should be the case for all the consoles which clearly, it isn't happening. Yeah they sold great starting, but numbers had dropped depressingly.

The PS3's numbers are very good for a console of its age, though. Way above PS3 and Xbox 360 numbers at the same time in life, and only surpassed by Wii and PS2.

Consoles usually don't sell that well until their second or third holiday season.

Wow I see like 3 or 4 of us had to point this out to him.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
random15 said:
What people decide to forget is that Sony unlike Nintendo and MS support their consoles even after their sucessors are out. Last year we got games like ni no kuni, beyond two souls, puppeteer, God of war, and GOTG TLoU. And we will continue to get 1st party games for probably one more year on ps3.

How strange in a thread where you've collected these falsehoods people are supposedly spreading, you're trying to spread your own. The most glaring flaw here being the idea that neither MS nor Nintendo support their consoles "even after their successors are out". Nintendo off the top of my head brought a AAA Zelda game to GCN even after the Wii had launched. MS has support 360 this year with Halo Spartan ASSault and Fable, Super TIME Force, and Warface. Later this year there is Horizon 2, Fantasia, Project Spark.

Meanwhile those games you listed (God of War, LoU, Puppeteer, Beyond, No No Kuni) were all released BEFORE the PS4 launched, so wouldn't at all qualify for support "even after their successors are out". And in the case of Ni No Kuni, did Sony even provide any support? They did not develop or publish it. Here is what Sony has provided since the November 2013 launch of the PS4:

Gran Turismo 6
MLB 14 The Show

And then later this year they will have LBP3 and maybe Until Dawn. Did I miss anything? Seems MS support stacks up pretty well against it and depending on your opinion, maybe even beats it. Either way we've proven this isn't an accurate statement you've made. Lets call it "Things people say and decide to forget when talking bad about Nintendo and MS."

random15 said:
The ps4 has no games that YOU don't like, or decide not to try out. 

OF COURSE this is what people mean when they say PS4 has no games. They are not literally trying to say you can buy a PS4 right now but there are 0 games you can play on them.

random15 said:

So during the time I was banned, I have read some pretty ridiculous comments regarding the ps4, funny, but ridiculous nonetheless. In this thread I will list the things people choose to forget when talking down on the ps4 while they talk up their console of choice, of course along with some memorable quotes I have read, which of course will not be given credit for for obvious reasons. So let me commence:

1. The ps4 has no games:

I have read this phrase countless times here on vgchartz. What are people playing on this machine? Could it be games? Nah that is too obvious, no one seems to know why people are buying ps4s, but ps4s are being sold regardless. In this day people think exclusives  are the only games to play, but what about 3rd party, those are games right? I mean the majority of games I play are 3rd party games. So I guess that question is answered. Now if you want to talk exclusives then let me talk exclusives. What people decide to forget is that Sony unlike Nintendo and MS support their consoles even after their sucessors are out. Last year we got games like ni no kuni, beyond two souls, puppeteer, God of war, and GOTG TLoU. And we will continue to get 1st party games for probably one more year on ps3. The ps4 has no games that YOU don't like, or decide not to try out. 

Quotes: The ps4 is drier than the sahara. When MS and Nintendo pump out the exclusives Sony will not be able to keep up and be left behind in the dust. 

People bought the PS4 on hope and empty promises.

2. The ps4 is losing steam/The gap is closing in sales:

For this one I will use a fresh out the oven example. June NPD came out and all consoles did pretty good considering it is the summer and sales tend to be slow during this period of time. However that pretty good, that one piece of good month sales was enough to send people on a frenzy. And thus came the ps4 is losing steam/the gap is closing comments. Good lord almighty it is a miracle *it'shappening.gif* the gap is shrinking. What people decide to forget is that MS had a $100 price cut. Nintendo had its biggest gun out, perhaps the biggest game the wii u will ever get. And what did Sony have? No games and dryness. However the wii u and X1 still could not outsell despite having MK8 and a $100 price cut. PS4 is outselling them both despite not having any blockbuster games or price cuts. People forget that sony has yet to move a peon while the others have already moved their kings and queens.

Quote: Ps4 is losing steam and the gap is closing. Once people realize that ps4 only was only hype and hope the ps4 sales will decrease.

3. The ps4 is only 2 million ahead:

This one is simple. The wii U has been out for what 1 year and 8 months or around that. The X1 released a week later in the USA and 1 week earlier in Europe than the PS4. In wii u's case the wii u had to be millions ( not only what I think it was about 4 million)  ahead by the time the ps4 released. In X1's case I don't know they had the games and the future of entertainment in kinect. 

Quote: I don't know why people are happy the ps4 is only 2 million ahead. 

So those are just 3 things people forget when talking down on the ps4 while they big up their console of choice.

Next Topic: Nintendo Fans, Hate, and TLOU. Of course if I don't get banned.  

So what this all amounts to in the end is your just butthurt that people dare to talk bad about the PS4? Does it hurt your feelings lol?

Your next topic is going to be to troll and start a flame war with Nintendo Fans? Yeah will go down really well with the mods I'm sure. Have fun you're heading for permaban.

random15 said:

Next Topic: Nintendo Fans, Hate, and TLOU. Of course if I don't get banned.  

Oh boy! Dis gon be gud.gif.

Double standards I've seen over the days few days!

Intrinsic said:
ikki5 said:

Except, big problem here. All the consoles DIDN'T do good. They did mediocre if not poor. You are comparing that the consoles did well based on the sales from what their predacessors typically sold I am assuming because yeah, these numbers were normal for them but the problem is, These are a new console, not a console at the end of the gneeration .

2007 June NPD PS3(first june on market) 98k

2014 June NPD PS4(first june on market) 269k

What were you saying again?

OP: People will always see what they wanna see. And I see another ban in your immediate future :)

Maybe you should look at what I said and not part of it. The PS4 is selling like the PS3 did at the end of it's life. Bringing up the PS3 in it's early lif where it cost almost double the price is absurd. The PS3 started with issues, These issues are not in the PS4. Why don't people see that? Right now, the PS4 dropped below 100k, This is what the PS3 was selling the summer before the PS4 was release. Calling these numbers good or great is a poor assessment.

Around the Network

I actually dont mind the it has no games argument cause they are proven wrong everytime. PS1, PS2 and PS3 are a great example besides the PC Master Race Brap Brap Playstation has the other consoles outgunned in terms of software churned out in both quality and quantity unfortunately these people bringing this up are braindead and suffer from amnesia its best they seek mental help they clearly arent learning anything they maybe even suffer from insanity. 

LudicrousSpeed said:
random15 said:
What people decide to forget is that Sony unlike Nintendo and MS support their consoles even after their sucessors are out. Last year we got games like ni no kuni, beyond two souls, puppeteer, God of war, and GOTG TLoU. And we will continue to get 1st party games for probably one more year on ps3.

How strange in a thread where you've collected these falsehoods people are supposedly spreading, you're trying to spread your own. The most glaring flaw here being the idea that neither MS nor Nintendo support their consoles "even after their successors are out". Nintendo off the top of my head brought a AAA Zelda game to GCN even after the Wii had launched. MS has support 360 this year with Halo Spartan ASSault and Fable, Super TIME Force, and Warface. Later this year there is Horizon 2, Fantasia, Project Spark.

Meanwhile those games you listed (God of War, LoU, Puppeteer, Beyond, No No Kuni) were all released BEFORE the PS4 launched, so wouldn't at all qualify for support "even after their successors are out". And in the case of Ni No Kuni, did Sony even provide any support? They did not develop or publish it. Here is what Sony has provided since the November 2013 launch of the PS4:

Gran Turismo 6
MLB 14 The Show

And then later this year they will have LBP3 and maybe Until Dawn. Did I miss anything? Seems MS support stacks up pretty well against it and depending on your opinion, maybe even beats it. Either way we've proven this isn't an accurate statement you've made. Lets call it "Things people say and decide to forget when talking bad about Nintendo and MS."

random15 said:
The ps4 has no games that YOU don't like, or decide not to try out. 

OF COURSE this is what people mean when they say PS4 has no games. They are not literally trying to say you can buy a PS4 right now but there are 0 games you can play on them.

#1 pointing out the tiniest minutia of a point he's trying to make, then going on the fritz about it in an attempt to try and discredit everything he's saying makes it seem like you're trying your damnedest to disagree at something (since you probably don't like the thread topic, at all). First off, those were all cross platform games (Twilight Princess for GCN/Wii, Spartan Assault, Fable, Horizon, Fantasia, Project Spark, STF, Warface for XB1/360) meaning they aren't really incentives for either console. Fable Anniversary is the only exclusive in your example. Not that I want to completely disregard those games because they aren't truly exclusive...but that's not "dedication to the platform" to still make it appealing. I bet Titanfall on 360 would have sold gangbusters and moved 360s if it wasn't on Xbone. Yes, Xbone is the platform they are pushing now, which they obviously should, but I don't think "support" when the 360 is treated like the redheaded stepchild in these scenarios. Grasping at straws here, maybe, but let's be practical here.

Meanwhile, GT6 has already released, and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, KH 2.5 HD Remix, LPB Hub, Mugen Souls Z, Persona 5, Tales of Symphonia Chronicles, and The Witch and the Hundred Knight came out or will come out this year, only on PS3. They're not first party (except LBP Hub), but you asked "did Sony even support Ni No Kuni?" Did 3rd party exclusivity return to being free? If not, I'd say they supported it. 

#2 You pretty much ignored points 2 and 3, but complaining about one detail in the first paragraph and the whole thread is now inaccurate and should "really" be called something else? Ok.

#3 I don't like any Xbox games, and I've decided not to try them out. Xbox has no games, confirmed. Sounds silly, right? I mean, there is Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, the "definitive" version of Titanfall, Plants vs Zombies, Killer Instinct, and Sunset Overdrive and Halo 5 are coming soon. But I've decided not to try them, therefore XBone has no games. 

You'd get called out for saying something as stupid as that, because it's meant to be disparaging, not reflect any kind of reality. Whether you like a particular game or not. If what you said is the true definition of "no games", then entire libraries can be discredited. But I'm betting if someone seriously said "XBone has no games", many MS fans would say "you keep telling yourself that, I'll keep enjoying Halo 5". 

I think PS4 survives people "talking bad" about it, it is not a person you know :). Also, most things the OP mentioned are either facts or opinion, not trash talking.

ikki5 said:
Intrinsic said:
ikki5 said:

Except, big problem here. All the consoles DIDN'T do good. They did mediocre if not poor. You are comparing that the consoles did well based on the sales from what their predacessors typically sold I am assuming because yeah, these numbers were normal for them but the problem is, These are a new console, not a console at the end of the gneeration .

2007 June NPD PS3(first june on market) 98k

2014 June NPD PS4(first june on market) 269k

What were you saying again?

OP: People will always see what they wanna see. And I see another ban in your immediate future :)

Maybe you should look at what I said and not part of it. The PS4 is selling like the PS3 did at the end of it's life. Bringing up the PS3 in it's early lif where it cost almost double the price is absurd. The PS3 started with issues, These issues are not in the PS4. Why don't people see that? Right now, the PS4 dropped below 100k, This is what the PS3 was selling the summer before the PS4 was release. Calling these numbers good or great is a poor assessment.

Sigh..... NPD PS3

• 2007 98k
  • 2008 322k 
  • 2009 163k
  • 2010 304k
  • 2011 266k
  • 2012 195k

June PS4 NPD 270k

Just give it a rest man.... you are trying too hard. And if you are wondering, june 2008 was MGS4 month and june 2010 was price drop month to $300.

Intrinsic said:

Sigh..... NPD PS3

• 2007 98k
  • 2008 322k 
  • 2009 163k
  • 2010 304k
  • 2011 266k
  • 2012 195k

June PS4 NPD 270k

Just give it a rest man.... you are trying too hard. And if you are wondering, june 2008 was MGS4 month and june 2010 was price drop month to $300.

I'm sorry but... let me get this strait, half of those were either higher or just about the same as the PS4....  for this year. The final year was less than 100k off and 2009 was 1009 off. The only one that it is totally killing is the first year and and that console was $200 more so... yeah... the first price drop was actually in the fall of 2008  and the slim was introduced in August of 2009 (not June 2010) following a price cut bringing it to the price that the PS4 is now. But here we have a new console that is said to be selling over 100 mil.... and it is doing just a bit better than what the PS3 was over all. Now I understand perfectly that the first year was crap but here we are looking at a system that two thirds of the cost. Shouldn't it be doing better? Like... a lot better especially if all these claims are true? Not about the same what the PS3 was after it's price cuts? Now yes, there will be pricecuts for the PS4.... some time, when those are, not sure but I can pretty safely say, it won't be  for a while.