By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Things people say and decide to forget when talking bad about the Playstaion 4

ikki5 said:
Intrinsic said:
ikki5 said:

Except, big problem here. All the consoles DIDN'T do good. They did mediocre if not poor. You are comparing that the consoles did well based on the sales from what their predacessors typically sold I am assuming because yeah, these numbers were normal for them but the problem is, These are a new console, not a console at the end of the gneeration .

2007 June NPD PS3(first june on market) 98k

2014 June NPD PS4(first june on market) 269k

What were you saying again?

OP: People will always see what they wanna see. And I see another ban in your immediate future :)

Maybe you should look at what I said and not part of it. The PS4 is selling like the PS3 did at the end of it's life. Bringing up the PS3 in it's early lif where it cost almost double the price is absurd. The PS3 started with issues, These issues are not in the PS4. Why don't people see that? Right now, the PS4 dropped below 100k, This is what the PS3 was selling the summer before the PS4 was release. Calling these numbers good or great is a poor assessment.

And comparing the PS4 to an established console with a huge library that has been out for over 7 years makes perfect sense. You are SUPPOSED to compare launches because that is the curret time frame. The XB1 is selling better than the Xbox 360 and it cost more than it. The PS2 cost more than the PS1 and it did better as well. You coomparision works both ways. So the only real way to go about it is to go by the time frame. So yes it makes PERFECT sense to compare the launch periods of the consoles. 

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
ikki5 said:

Except, big problem here. All the consoles DIDN'T do good. They did mediocre if not poor. You are comparing that the consoles did well based on the sales from what their predacessors typically sold I am assuming because yeah, these numbers were normal for them but the problem is, These are a new console, not a console at the end of the gneeration .

OP: People will always see what they wanna see. And I see another ban in your immediate future :)

Don't really care about this convo but June 2007 was the month that Sony announced a July price cut. So its low number is kind of expected.

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."

The PS5 Exists. 

ikki5 said:
Intrinsic said:

Sigh..... NPD PS3

• 2007 98k
  • 2008 322k 
  • 2009 163k
  • 2010 304k
  • 2011 266k
  • 2012 195k

June PS4 NPD 270k

Just give it a rest man.... you are trying too hard. And if you are wondering, june 2008 was MGS4 month and june 2010 was price drop month to $300.

I'm sorry but... let me get this strait, half of those were either higher or just about the same as the PS4....  for this year. The final year was less than 100k off and 2009 was 1009 off. The only one that it is totally killing is the first year and and that console was $200 more so... yeah... the first price drop was actually in the fall of 2008  and the slim was introduced in August of 2009 (not June 2010) following a price cut bringing it to the price that the PS4 is now. But here we have a new console that is said to be selling over 100 mil.... and it is doing just a bit better than what the PS3 was over all. Now I understand perfectly that the first year was crap but here we are looking at a system that two thirds of the cost. Shouldn't it be doing better? Like... a lot better especially if all these claims are true? Not about the same what the PS3 was after it's price cuts? Now yes, there will be pricecuts for the PS4.... some time, when those are, not sure but I can pretty safely say, it won't be  for a while.

God is your silly petty hate for a console making you blind? I never said the 2010 june price drop was when the slim was released. 

Of the 6 years listed, the PS4 outsold the the PS3 in 4 of them. Doesn't matter by how much. Whats important is that it did better than a console that went on to sell 80M. That is very good by any standard. 

And you are saying that a console that has so far managed to sell 8M+ in its first 8 months on the market isn't doing well? In the PS3s entire first and the launch month before it it sold a total of 9M consoles. And the PS4 s on track to pass that with 5 months to spare. But rather than see that as it selling well and as an indication that like every other console before it, its sales will increase as games become available and prices fall you see it all as the PS4 not doing well?

And the price cut? There was another price cut in june 2010 bringing the price to $300. So I really don't know what you are saying. Anyways, I know you are too hell bent on whatever angenda you have for any of this to register to you so lets just wait and see.

I'm glad the ps4 is doing so well. It will likely improve when Sony's big studios hop on board along with some timely price cuts to keep up the momentum.

For the OP: Though I agree with you, I think it's best to try and ignore those who try to find negatives. Sometimes, you just won't be able to change their minds!

Around the Network

the thing that you are forgetting to mention is that back when the PS4 was still coming out, Sony fanboys gave Nintendo fans hell over their "lack of games". So why the hell shouldn't we come back at you now that PS4 has come out and you're actually 5 times worse than we are. Yes you have third party multiplatform games, but so does every console.

The second thing you are forgetting is that when the PS4 did come out, Sony fans couldn't stop making wildly overreaching statements like "PS4 is gonna sell 200 million easily".... On a thread for predicting PS4 sales, the lowest option in the list was 100 million.... That being the same as Wii's sales, I think I have the right to make the comparison to Wii.

So in short, if you don't want to be called out for having wild speculations which bash other consoles, then don't constantly bash the other consoles.

What the hell is this thread about? The PS4 is already winning this gen, has a hardware lead and still people think it's needed to defend the system against some who talk bad about the system? This is the exaggeration of "1st world problem".

What I see here is a collection of truths and the detractors doing "lalallalala" "but they are facts against ps4" "look at this other false evidence" "I never did that" and "sony fans do worse". But I wouldn't expect different.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Intrinsic said:
ikki5 said:

Yeah I know!

Based on the number of people saying consoles are doing poorer than last gen, I checked the PS3' first year and the PS4 numbers are actually higher at this time of the year. PS4 also had a record breaking launch and I'm almost certain its going to rape the PS3 in december as well.

So you realky like your PS4! Fine.