By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Top 10 things I want to see from Metroid Wii U.

Tagged games:

Metroid is my 2nd fav series the atmosphere is perfect I'm sure we'll see it on both Wii U and 3DS

Around the Network

Take out "Top 10 Things" out of the title and that is all I want

Jumpin said:
1. No more boring FPS Metroid games.

The Prime games are first-person adventure games, not FPS!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

padib said:
spemanig said:

I had a comment to make, do I made it. It has nothing do do with "not having 500 games to play at once." It has everything to do with not having a more efficient alternative to reading everything. People aren't getting bored more quickly. They are just more used to more efficient ways of progressing gameplay. When you post something that doesn't warrent a response, I'll stop responding.

Well, I disagree with you. I think the reason this new method is needed is because people are getting bored more quickly. Agree to disagree.

Agree to disagree.

AZWification said:
Jumpin said:
1. No more boring FPS Metroid games.

The Prime games are first-person adventure games, not FPS!

They were FPS games. Them being adventure games doesn't suddenly stop them from being shooters.

Around the Network
spemanig said:

They were FPS games. Them being adventure games doesn't suddenly stop them from being shooters.

Shooting wasn't the main focus of the Prime games..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I approve of this list, I think you just explained my perfect Metroid game right there.

Also dun get why people think its too different, it seems pretty much like you mix Prime and Fusion make it creepy and give it a good story. Only thing all that different would be the open world and cities/colonies, which isn't really enough to merit a new IP

AZWification said:

Shooting wasn't the main focus of the Prime games..

Doesn't make a lick of difference. Shooting in the first person is a core mechanic in the Prime games. It's an FPS. It's just a catagory. I never understood why people get to up in arms about it.

Nice ideas, but too many shake ups to the formula will definitely displease many people.

I like the idea of more open sections, but Metroid to me will always be claustrophobic hallways akin to Alien.

Although some more horror would be nice, really loved Metroid Fusion. Got genuinely scared a few times.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Maraccuda said:
Nice ideas, but too many shake ups to the formula will definitely displease many people.

I like the idea of more open sections, but Metroid to me will always be claustrophobic hallways akin to Alien.

Although some more horror would be nice, really loved Metroid Fusion. Got genuinely scared a few times.

What aside from removing doors shakes up the formula too much? I never said anthing about more open sections. I said an open world. That doesn't mean open spaces. That just means that everything is loaded an interconnected from the get go. You'd still have claustrophobic hallways; they just wouldn't be devided. It would be a giant claustrophobic labyrinth with only natural barriers to steer your procression. No cave doors.