By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Top 10 things I want to see from Metroid Wii U.

Tagged games:

padib said:

Call it what you like, I'm just saying that back in the day we didn't have 500 games to play at once and so we were more ready to read text and interrupt game time. Nowadays that's not true anymore people get bored much more quickly.

Back in the day there wasn't a more efficient alternative. 

Around the Network
supafly said:

I do agree with you that there's no problem with how open (or not) the Prime games are, but I think OP obviously means something different (GTA/TES style) or he wouldn't have mentioned it. Prime games are about as open world as Arkham Asylum.

I do mean something different from the Prime games, but I don't mean anything like GTA. I just want to explore a huge alien world. That's what Metroid is. Prime and Super Metroid are amazing, some of the best games ever made and some of my favorite games of all time, but they were limited by their hardware. I want a huge open world because Metroid is a game about a huge open world, only now we don't need smokes and mirrors to accomplish it aka doors and corrodor.

mZuzek said:
What I want for a Wii U Metroid game is hylianswordsman and spemanig working on it.

Seriously, those were some great ideas there.
Not a big Metroid fan here, I only played through Super Metroid in the entire franchise, and I've tried playing Metroid Prime but was halted by the awkward controls. Still, I think it has loads of potential and if Nintendo/Retro have ideas anywhere near as good as these, it's going to be a fantastic game.

Haha, thanks.

1. No more boring FPS Metroid games.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
1. No more boring FPS Metroid games.

padib said:
spemanig said:
padib said:

Call it what you like, I'm just saying that back in the day we didn't have 500 games to play at once and so we were more ready to read text and interrupt game time. Nowadays that's not true anymore people get bored much more quickly.

Back in the day there wasn't a more efficient alternative. 

Do you always have to have the last word? Not like you're adding anything to what I'm saying.

I had a comment to make, do I made it. It has nothing do do with "not having 500 games to play at once." It has everything to do with not having a more efficient alternative to reading everything. People aren't getting bored more quickly. They are just more used to more efficient ways of progressing gameplay. When you post something that doesn't warrent a response, I'll stop responding.

Around the Network

If they are going to go in such a different direction, they might as well make a new ip for you, OP. Oh well, nothing we say here matters. I mean who was asking for Other M.

green_sky said:
If they are going to go in such a different direction, they might as well make a new ip for you, OP. Oh well, nothing we say here matters. I mean who was asking for Other M.

How is that such a different direction that it warrents a new IP? Prime didn't need a new IP.

spemanig said:
green_sky said:

How is that such a different direction that it warrents a new IP? Prime didn't need a new IP.

Look i don't pretend to know much about Metroid franchise as i've only played Super Metroid & Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. What you are suggesting seems quite different from the core Metroid formula or atleast did to me. Ofcourse, it doesn't have to be a new ip as Nintendo has bit of tendency to use established brands than creating new names for marginally different gameplay and art direction. 

It might have worked for Metroid Prime but Nintendo was surely nervous about taking the game into new direction. Why else would they release a traditional Metroid game, Metroid Fusion, on the same day as first Prime game. It was a backup in the case that if people didn't like it, they would always have the traditional Metroid experience. Now when they had no backup for Other M, that game ended up doing so much damage to such a cherished brand. One of the few Nintendo first party games that was in the bargain bin for $10. 

Theres only two franchises Nintendo will pour alot of money into and thats Mario 3D platformers and the main Zelda games. We`ll never see a Mass Effect like Metroid or any other franchise.

green_sky said:

Look i don't pretend to know much about Metroid franchise as i've only played Super Metroid & Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. What you are suggesting seems quite different from the core Metroid formula or atleast did to me. Ofcourse, it doesn't have to be a new ip as Nintendo has bit of tendency to use established brands than creating new names for marginally different gameplay and art direction. 

It might have worked for Metroid Prime but Nintendo was surely nervous about taking the game into new direction. Why else would they release a traditional Metroid game, Metroid Fusion, on the same day as first Prime game. It was a backup in the case that if people didn't like it, they would always have the traditional Metroid experience. Now when they had no backup for Other M, that game ended up doing so much damage to such a cherished brand. One of the few Nintendo first party games that was in the bargain bin for $10. 

I don't think it's different at all from the core metroid formula. It's a natural evolution. Nintendo regularly releases multiple games at the same time. There's no hidden reason. It wasn't a back up. It just happened. Other M was a poorly designed mess of a game in literally every aspect. It didn't do damage to the franshise because it was different. It did so because it was a bad game in a franchise of only good games.