By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Top 10 things I want to see from Metroid Wii U.

Tagged games:

robzo100 said:
As the long as the tablet isn't over-used. Maybe use it for immersion, like entering a code to open a door, and rubbing it really fast to power up some special weapon.

I wouldn't mind a first-person game with some 3rd-person sections, just like the with the morphball as well. And I don't mind corridors, but less of them like you're saying is fine.

I wouldn't even want that. Just use it for the map and reading jounals and stuff like that. Uses that are passive. Another first person Metriod is exactly what I don't want. I love the Prime games, but I'm done with that formula. I literally want no first person sections, save for maybe a cutscene or something.

As for corridors, I don't mind them where they make sense, like in a "man-made" space station or an underwater base, but not while exploring a forest or tunnels. Corridors make sense in Fusion. The only reason they make sense in Prime is the limited hardware.

Around the Network

A lot of these points are great, but only if handled well. Also I agree on the horror part 100%; the Valhalla ewas easily the best part of prime 3, and SA-x was the best part of fusion. 

RushJet1 on: 

Bandcamp

YouTube

Twitter

Darwinianevolution said:

They can, of course. If Retro is in charge of the 3D one, Nintendo EAD can make the 2D one. It's just that I thik they should separate the releases of the two games as much as they can, so they don't canibalize each others sales.

Nah. I'd be fine with another WWHD/ALBW situation release them in the same season, but have one come out like two months before the other. In this case, it should be Metroid 3DS, then Metroid Wii U.

RushJet1 said:

A lot of these points are great, but only if handled well. Also I agree on the horror part 100%; the Valhalla ewas easily the best part of prime 3, and SA-x was the best part of fusion. 

That's my biggest point. It's why I hate when people say things like "voice acting ruined Other M." No. A bad plot, script, director, actor, and over all game design ruined Other M. All of these points are made with the hope that they would be handled well.

That sounds great. Too great for realism. But even if only one of this points is fullfilled the game will be amazing. As a huge Metroid fan I will play it no matter if it is Prime 4, another sidestory or anything else, I just love Metroid. But I totally agree that I would like to see these 10 things. Maybe some day...

I don't hate Microsoft, I don't hate PC,
I don't prefer Sony, I don't prefer Nintendo.
...Ok, I love Nintendo but this is something about tolerance, ok?

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.

Around the Network

We don't even know if this will launch on the Wii U. Metroid sales have fallen of a sharp clif.

If Metroid is coming back it's either as somekind of reboot or 2D remake

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
We don't even know if this will launch on the Wii U. Metroid sales have fallen of a sharp clif.

If Metroid is coming back it's either as somekind of reboot or 2D remake

Nope. It's confirmed that a 3D and 2D Metroid are in the works. Wether that is for the Wii U ore it's successor is beside the point. "In the vain of Prime" means a big, AAA console Metroid. That's what I am refering to here. I think it'll come out on the Wii U, but if it doesn't, whatever.

2d means another platformer and that is exactly the last thing the Wii U need atm...

sam987 said:
2d means another platformer and that is exactly the last thing the Wii U need atm...

...Who ever said anything about another 2D platformer on the Wii U?

I'd be just fine with another 2D Metroid game for Wii U if it were handled correctly.  At least it would be something-- of course I'd want a 3D game more, and Nintendo would benefit more from a 3D game.

RushJet1 on: 

Bandcamp

YouTube

Twitter