By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why the lack of hype for....just about any game on wii?

Ahh Monster Lab. Hah thanks.

Around the Network

Oh lord this sounds sweet. Well this is another game on my must get list. Heh so take heart, this thread has been of some use!

Or... something.

totalwar23 said:
Ari_Gold said:
RE4 is still the best third party game on the Wii

That's actually kind of sad when so far to date, the best third party effort on the Wii is a 2-year old port. Fuck it, I'm not buying any third party game.

So, what games on the PS3 are better than RE4? Oh that's right. None.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Garcian Smith said:
London_Calling said:
what games do you think should be hyped?

ToS: Dawn of the New World

Fragile

King Story

Oboro Muramasa Yotuden Okami Wii

Fatal Frame IV

Okami Wii 

FIXED

Ari_Gold said:
Garcian Smith said:
London_Calling said:

Fragile

King Story

Fatal Frame IV

Okami Wii

FIXED

Please. There's more to be hyped about than FaFr4 and a handful of RPGs. Expand your horizons, maaaaaaaan.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network
Garcian Smith said:
Ari_Gold said:
Garcian Smith said:
London_Calling said:

Fragile

King Story

Fatal Frame IV

Okami Wii

FIXED

Please. There's more to be hyped about than FaFr4 and a handful of RPGs. Expand your horizons, maaaaaaaan.

if by expanding my horizons you mean hyping every third party game on the Wii, then no.......

I agree people tend to not have much enthousiasm about Wii 3rd party games. It's a shame really there are some really interesting and innovative games that will come out. Many games are worth the hype but people seem to stay on guard because they don't want to get dissapointed, I think, if the game isn't on par with what they thought it would be.

ToS actually is getting quite a bit of hype. Front page on NP this month is pretty damn good. Plus, everyone who bought the first ToS is raving about it to everybody else.

Just kiss the tip.

Ari_Gold said:

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!1

The best selling third party game on Wii is Mario & Sonic at the olympic games. 

ZenfoldorVGI said:
totalwar23 said:
Ari_Gold said:

That's actually kind of sad when so far to date, the best third party effort on the Wii is a 2-year old port. Fuck it, I'm not buying any third party game.

So, what games on the PS3 are better than RE4? Oh that's right. None.

I would say no game on the PS3 is as good as Chrono Trigger for the SNES but that doesn't mean a port of it to the Wii represents Square Enix's commitment to make PS3 level efforts for the Wii, now would I? If you like third parties to port their best efforts last gen to the Wii instead of developing high quality projects this gen, well so be it.