By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why the lack of hype for....just about any game on wii?

RE4 is still the best third party game on the Wii

Around the Network
Ari_Gold said:

That's actually kind of sad when so far to date, the best third party effort on the Wii is a 2-year old port. Fuck it, I'm not buying any third party game.

Generally, advertisements and promotional materials are used to hype a game so that it will sell enough copies to pay for the expense of producing and printing the game. When a game gets little to no advertising, it usually indicates that it doesn't need many sales to draw a profit. Or that the company that made the game severely over-spent their budget and had nothing left for advertising and promotion.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

totalwar23 said:
Ari_Gold said:

That's actually kind of sad when so far to date, the best third party effort on the Wii is a 2-year old port.

that was my point

Well, a lot of people who play Wii wouldn't be aware of games coming out in advance, they'll see it then buy it. Dunno, maybe they have low expectation for Wii titles?

Around the Network
Ari_Gold said:
totalwar23 said:
Ari_Gold said:

That's actually kind of sad when so far to date, the best third party effort on the Wii is a 2-year old port.

that was my point

I know, I know, and I'm sad.

Wii third party games are really shitty. I kind of imagine that it is because Nintendo makes extravagant hardware, very far minded from the typical console. So, as a third party studio, it is more dificult to make a game for a console so different from the common, whereas Nintendo, envisioned what their console would be like from years in development.

daactualfact said:
@onyxmeth

get off the meth. You don't need good graphics to have a good pic. rac: up your arsenal for ps2 had amazingly looking screenshots in an old issue of egm. That's cause game companies can use CGI to make the pics better than what they are.

OT:Guys don't worry, SALES OF WII GAMES PROVES THEMSELVES! Thw Wii already has 3 upcoming 1 million sellers that are 3rd party. Also, Wii games spread through word of mouth.

I'm sorry but it's the truth. Go flip through magazines and tell me what you see. Go look at the covers and tell me what you see. Of course any Wii game can doctor a picture with CGI to make it look better, but so can the other two consoles, and then they win again in the beauty pageant. All magazines do is writes articles and shows pictures. You can write a nice article on a Wii third party title, but it would be mighty hard to sell a magazine with Fragile on the cover, no matter how good the game turns out.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:
daactualfact said:
@onyxmeth

get off the meth. You don't need good graphics to have a good pic. rac: up your arsenal for ps2 had amazingly looking screenshots in an old issue of egm. That's cause game companies can use CGI to make the pics better than what they are.

OT:Guys don't worry, SALES OF WII GAMES PROVES THEMSELVES! Thw Wii already has 3 upcoming 1 million sellers that are 3rd party. Also, Wii games spread through word of mouth.

I'm sorry but it's the truth. Go flip through magazines and tell me what you see. Go look at the covers and tell me what you see. Of course any Wii game can doctor a picture with CGI to make it look better, but so can the other two consoles, and then they win again in the beauty pageant. All magazines do is writes articles and shows pictures. You can write a nice article on a Wii third party title, but it would be mighty hard to sell a magazine with Fragile on the cover, no matter how good the game turns out.

unless the magazine gets paid for advertising, or if its called "Nintendo Power" 

Mushroom Men will be awesome. And I don't care what y'all say. It's one game that deserves to be hyped, yet nobody's even heard of it.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom