By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Sales More Than Double in June with New $399 Option and Unveiling of Holiday Games Lineup

If they were # 1, I take it they would´ve mentioned it, so I guess it´s below PS4 numbers.I´m looking forward to seeing the impact the Halo collection will have on system sales.

Around the Network
BeElite said:
walsufnir said:
Euphoria14 said:

If the best the Kinect less SKU and $100 price drop did was basically keep it where it was in April (before the price cut announcement), how is that good?

How is it not? In these dry months sales are usually low. It's at least a (small) achievement. Yes, it's not doing PS4 numbers. But given its price and given that it's a new system with very few games worth it's selling good, in my opinion.

Its same price as the no games PS4 and still selling less in its home market, how is that good exactly ?

Because historically 360 otusold PS3 when it was cheaper. So price parity sales looks about right. And you know there is still a consumer perception problem for XBox. One thing at a time.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

eva01beserk said:
sales2099 said:
jnemesh said:
Sorry guys, but MS just isn't "getting it done" here. Touting a "doubling" of sales from the previous month is PR spin to make it sound good...BELIEVE me, Microsoft Xbox executives know just how bad those numbers really are! Let me ask you this. Microsoft just announced the biggest layoff in their history, and they have said that the Xbox division would be affected. Now if YOU worked there, would you feel secure in your job, given these numbers? I don't think so!

What do you expect MS to do: say nothing? Not say it sold double when it did? Not every PR annoucnement has to be cold hard numbers.....that is what NPD is for. Just seems people like you are just finding ever more creative ways to keep anything opposing Sony, and keep them down.

Has sony said anything in the last few months even thou its beating the x1 month after month? Sometimes is better to just be quite and let it slyde.

Well for Sony to do that comes off as a sore winner, which goes against their current image to fans. MS however, needs to tell the public thigns are getting better. Some people here just really want to keep Xbox down.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
BeElite said:
walsufnir said:
Euphoria14 said:

If the best the Kinect less SKU and $100 price drop did was basically keep it where it was in April (before the price cut announcement), how is that good?

How is it not? In these dry months sales are usually low. It's at least a (small) achievement. Yes, it's not doing PS4 numbers. But given its price and given that it's a new system with very few games worth it's selling good, in my opinion.

Its same price as the no games PS4 and still selling less in its home market, how is that good exactly ?

Because historically 360 otusold PS3 when it was cheaper. So price parity sales looks about right. And you know there is still a consumer perception problem for XBox. One thing at a time.

Ok then so xbox fans should accpet that till X1 is near half price of the PS4 like 360 was to PS3, it will always get out sold and be destined for 2nd if not 3rd place.  

sales2099 said:
Burek said:
celador said:
Pre-emptive strike perhaps?

they also lied in the press release. X1 is not the only place to play FH2 and Ori

Nice Catch. But not just those two lies: "Xbox One is the only place you can play these games along with creative independent titles and blockbusters such as Assassin’s Creed UnityCall of Duty: Advanced WarfareDestinyEvolveGrand Theft Auto V, and dozens more."

You need to brush up on PR speak. He means X1 is the only place to play all those games mentioned. 360 can't play that entire list and neither can PS4.Get it?

MS are masters of technically true statements that have great potential to mislead people not in the know.

The PS4 is the only place to play Evolve, Destiny, Dragon Age Inqusition, Assassin's Creed Unity, Battlefield Hardline, Fifa 15, DriveClub, GTAV, Alien Isolation, Shadow of Mordor, Far Cry 4 & Batman Arkham Knight.  That is one hell of a lineup, exclusively on PS4

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
eva01beserk said:
sales2099 said:

What do you expect MS to do: say nothing? Not say it sold double when it did? Not every PR annoucnement has to be cold hard numbers.....that is what NPD is for. Just seems people like you are just finding ever more creative ways to keep anything opposing Sony, and keep them down.

Has sony said anything in the last few months even thou its beating the x1 month after month? Sometimes is better to just be quite and let it slyde.

Well for Sony to do that comes off as a sore winner, which goes against their current image to fans. MS however, needs to tell the public thigns are getting better. Some people here just really want to keep Xbox down.

Sony stays humble by not dissing ms every month and they are sore winners?  The problem there is that its the public perception that the x1 already lost. They need to stop with this sales war like sony did and they should just do their own thing. The more they try to improbe heir image, the worst people see them as trying to spin the results. They should humble up and I think it will go better for them.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

BeElite said:
sales2099 said:

Ok then so xbox fans should accpet that till X1 is near half price of the PS4 like 360 was to PS3, it will always get out sold and be destined for 2nd if not 3rd place.  

We have. We only want 2nd and sustainable profits to keep it going. It's you guys that keep insisting we want 1st.

eva01beserk said:
sales2099 said:

Sony stays humble by not dissing ms every month and they are sore winners?  The problem there is that its the public perception that the x1 already lost. They need to stop with this sales war like sony did and they should just do their own thing. The more they try to improbe heir image, the worst people see them as trying to spin the results. They should humble up and I think it will go better for them.

No no Sony would be sore winners if they did brag every month. But MS has to say good things because they have a uphill battle.

They didn't mention PS4. They just said their sales doubled. Sony fans are making this about them when it isn't.

Good for XBO, I guess.

The $399 SKU will really show its impact during the Holiday season I believe.

TheGoldenBoy said:
Good for XBO, I guess.

The $399 SKU will really show its impact during the Holiday season I believe.

I believe XB1 will have a decent holiday, but by then $349 bundles will either be common or outright official (or even lower depending on various factors).

The baseline we will see in July will be critical. The June numbers are damn close to April weeklies and that is including a full month of warning about the $399 deal which nerfed May to 'boost' June.