By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Sales More Than Double in June with New $399 Option and Unveiling of Holiday Games Lineup

The biggest problem is to keep the level of sales after June. Sales between July and October will be important to Microsoft. Since the U.S. market is the most important for the XboxOne.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
eva01beserk said:
sales2099 said:

Well for Sony to do that comes off as a sore winner, which goes against their current image to fans. MS however, needs to tell the public thigns are getting better. Some people here just really want to keep Xbox down.

Sony stays humble by not dissing ms every month and they are sore winners?  The problem there is that its the public perception that the x1 already lost. They need to stop with this sales war like sony did and they should just do their own thing. The more they try to improbe heir image, the worst people see them as trying to spin the results. They should humble up and I think it will go better for them.

No no Sony would be sore winners if they did brag every month. But MS has to say good things because they have a uphill battle.

They didn't mention PS4. They just said their sales doubled. Sony fans are making this about them when it isn't.

I man, I would have LOVED to see you calling MS "sore winners" all last gen whenever they bragged about their NPD results and their 30+ months straight.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
sales2099 said:

No no Sony would be sore winners if they did brag every month. But MS has to say good things because they have a uphill battle.

They didn't mention PS4. They just said their sales doubled. Sony fans are making this about them when it isn't.

I man, I would have LOVED to see you calling MS "sore winners" all last gen whenever they bragged about their NPD results and their 30+ months straight.

It was drowned out by PS fans saying US < World ;)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

celador said:
sales2099 said:
Burek said:
celador said:
Pre-emptive strike perhaps?

they also lied in the press release. X1 is not the only place to play FH2 and Ori

Nice Catch. But not just those two lies: "Xbox One is the only place you can play these games along with creative independent titles and blockbusters such as Assassin’s Creed UnityCall of Duty: Advanced WarfareDestinyEvolveGrand Theft Auto V, and dozens more."

You need to brush up on PR speak. He means X1 is the only place to play all those games mentioned. 360 can't play that entire list and neither can PS4.Get it?

MS are masters of technically true statements that have great potential to mislead people not in the know.

The PS4 is the only place to play Evolve, Destiny, Dragon Age Inqusition, Assassin's Creed Unity, Battlefield Hardline, Fifa 15, DriveClub, GTAV, Alien Isolation, Shadow of Mordor, Far Cry 4 & Batman Arkham Knight.  That is one hell of a lineup, exclusively on PS4

sorry, but u doing it worng

visit a pr class first ;)

celador said:
sales2099 said:

You need to brush up on PR speak. He means X1 is the only place to play all those games mentioned. 360 can't play that entire list and neither can PS4.Get it?

MS are masters of technically true statements that have great potential to mislead people not in the know.

The PS4 is the only place to play Evolve, Destiny, Dragon Age Inqusition, Assassin's Creed Unity, Battlefield Hardline, Fifa 15, DriveClub, GTAV, Alien Isolation, Shadow of Mordor, Far Cry 4 & Batman Arkham Knight.  That is one hell of a lineup, exclusively on PS4

Hmmm......lacks the finess of someone skilled in PR. Sony didn't say that, though it would be funny if they did lol. That said, MS is just trying to catch up in this krazzzy gen. Let them be

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

Wow, that is incredibly bad. It basically sold the same per week that April did (before the price cut announcement). Averaging may and june comes in LESS than April. Meaning new SKU did absolutely nothing for sales.

NobleTeam360 said:
DakonBlackblade said:

Vgchartz has the One well over 200k in this month right ? Can it realy be that far off.

And I kinda fear the numbers will be bad otherwise Ms wouldve come and said we sold over 200k units, or more than 250k, theyreusing the more than double to make the boost sounds bigger than it actualy was...

No.

Of course it can be that far off, it has been the last 2 months.  Xbox One tracking on this site has been a complete failure.

Guys these sales are decent...but pretty dissapointing considering the effective price drop and previous months sales. So i think people are valid to be a bit jaded about the sales...i dont think its all PS fans downplaying X1 with all doom and gloom. There's nothing to downplay...

Just to clear up another thing, saying "more than double" DOES NOT logically rule out triple So lets wait for NPD to get more accurate numbers.

We also need to consider that the time of year does have an impact on sales...although the hype around a price cut generally should off set that. I think this is one to watch over time and see how it goes. At least it was a significant jump..and not mediocre like a 20% increase..

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

sales2099 said:

We have. We only want 2nd and sustainable profits to keep it going. It's you guys that keep insisting we want 1st.

mayeb you have, alot of x fans still are in lala land just just just wait till TF new sku price cut wait till halo X1 will win it will be #1

You got stock else not why care about profits? especially since xbox never made any ?

BeElite said:
sales2099 said:

We have. We only want 2nd and sustainable profits to keep it going. It's you guys that keep insisting we want 1st.

mayeb you have, alot of x fans still are in lala land just just just wait till TF new sku price cut wait till halo X1 will win it will be #1

You got stock else not why care about profits? especially since xbox never made any ?

You forgot the 2nd tier countries and Sunset Overhype. :)