By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Sales More Than Double in June with New $399 Option and Unveiling of Holiday Games Lineup

walsufnir said:
Euphoria14 said:

If the best the Kinect less SKU and $100 price drop did was basically keep it where it was in April (before the price cut announcement), how is that good?

How is it not? In these dry months sales are usually low. It's at least a (small) achievement. Yes, it's not doing PS4 numbers. But given its price and given that it's a new system with very few games worth it's selling good, in my opinion.

I just look at it as such: If you make such a big change from your initial plan by dropping Kinect and them coupling that with a big $100 difference on entry price and the best you could do is return to where you were before, I don't find that encouraging.

its not doomed or anything, but it does clearly have a problem and it isn't just the price.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
walsufnir said:
Euphoria14 said:

If the best the Kinect less SKU and $100 price drop did was basically keep it where it was in April (before the price cut announcement), how is that good?

How is it not? In these dry months sales are usually low. It's at least a (small) achievement. Yes, it's not doing PS4 numbers. But given its price and given that it's a new system with very few games worth it's selling good, in my opinion.

I just look at it as such: If you make such a big change from your initial plan by dropping Kinect and them coupling that with a big $100 difference on entry price and the best you could do is return to where you were before, I don't find that encouraging.

its not doomed or anything, but it does clearly have a problem and it isn't just the price.

Actually it is mostly the price. It just needs to be cheaper, because that was how 360 thrived last gen and if people believe X1 is weaker, then the price should reflect that perception to compensate, not have price parity with a technically superior console.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Euphoria14 said:
walsufnir said:

Actually it is mostly the price. It just needs to be cheaper, because that was how 360 thrived last gen and if people believe X1 is weaker, then the price should reflect that perception to compensate, not have price parity with a technically superior console.

They need to drop the price at least $100, if they dont sony wil just match it. I belive the lowest sony can aford to drop the price is by $50 so it gives MS a $50 advantage.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

sales2099 said:
Euphoria14 said:
walsufnir said:
Euphoria14 said:

What would they do though? Drop to $300-$350 and take on big losses? That wouldn't make investors happier with the xbox than they already are not.

They need to find a way to make it appear of better value without further cutting the price. $400 & bundle a couple of retail titles would be a start.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

@mods

I am on my iPhone and cannot cut down my quote trees. Just want to put that out there.

Currently playing:

Around the Network

Sorry guys, but MS just isn't "getting it done" here. Touting a "doubling" of sales from the previous month is PR spin to make it sound good...BELIEVE me, Microsoft Xbox executives know just how bad those numbers really are! Let me ask you this. Microsoft just announced the biggest layoff in their history, and they have said that the Xbox division would be affected. Now if YOU worked there, would you feel secure in your job, given these numbers? I don't think so!

Euphoria14 said:
sales2099 said:

What would they do though? Drop to $300-$350 and take on big losses? That wouldn't make investors happier with the xbox than they already are not.

They need to find a way to make it appear of better value without further cutting the price. $400 & bundle a couple of retail titles would be a start.

Ya a Forza 5/Titanfall bundle would be nice, but Sony can easily do a bundle of their own. $350 would be a sweet spot. I personally don't count the $399 sku as a price cut, merely a debundling what should have been available day 1. In the end, prospective shoppers see the base price difference as a factor. Let's not forget 360 is very much profitable and has been offsetting X1 losses so far.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

jnemesh said:
Sorry guys, but MS just isn't "getting it done" here. Touting a "doubling" of sales from the previous month is PR spin to make it sound good...BELIEVE me, Microsoft Xbox executives know just how bad those numbers really are! Let me ask you this. Microsoft just announced the biggest layoff in their history, and they have said that the Xbox division would be affected. Now if YOU worked there, would you feel secure in your job, given these numbers? I don't think so!

What do you expect MS to do: say nothing? Not say it sold double when it did? Not every PR annoucnement has to be cold hard numbers.....that is what NPD is for. Just seems people like you are just finding ever more creative ways to keep anything opposing Sony, and keep them down.

walsufnir said:
Euphoria14 said:

Its same price as the no games PS4 and still selling less in its home market, how is that good exactly ?

sales2099 said:
jnemesh said:

What do you expect MS to do: say nothing? Not say it sold double when it did? Not every PR annoucnement has to be cold hard numbers.....that is what NPD is for. Just seems people like you are just finding ever more creative ways to keep anything opposing Sony, and keep them down.

Has sony said anything in the last few months even thou its beating the x1 month after month? Sometimes is better to just be quite and let it slyde.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.