By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Excessive HD remasters.

WhiteEaglePL said:
Phronesis said:
Here we go again.

This is an important topic that needs to be discussed.

OP: I think remasters of old games are really good, and games that barely released and not much time is passed should be priced slighly cheaper imho.

This isn't a discussion, this is the same opinions being countered by the same opinions on a continuous loop. This is literally the 5th thread in the last 24 hours that either relates to the topic or dissolved into it.

Around the Network

There are people that never played games like Tomb Raider, Diablo III, GTA5, The Last of Us, Metro 2033 and Last Light. If the companies can easily bring these games to new consoles, and give those people the chance to experience them what is so wrong with that?

I personally skipped a lot of games last generation due to limited income. Now I have reached a point where I have extra cash, and am very pleased to have the oppertunity to play these games I missed in full 1080p with a solid frame rate.

I do not understand the people that think these companies are trying to rob them. It is almost impossible to name a company in this industry that has been making solid profits for any amount of time. Every one of the big publishers has been in troble with money loosing FY and yet they still drive to give us high production games. I personally love the AAA games industry, and don't have any issue supporting them. If a game is good I buy all the DLC, and grab the GOTY edition just to continue to support the developer and publisher. Now I am in the position to do this for a broader amount of games that I like.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Ka-pi96 said:
I agree. I really want The Last of Us remastered but not at full price. I already bought it at full price (including season pass) last year. If EA and Activision were able to offer small upgrade fees I don't see why Sony can't.

Because those upgrades were for the same game? TLOU:R is not a remake but still has noticeable improvement, though I agree it should be a little cheaper.

leyendax69 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
I agree. I really want The Last of Us remastered but not at full price. I already bought it at full price (including season pass) last year. If EA and Activision were able to offer small upgrade fees I don't see why Sony can't.

Because those upgrades were for the same game? TLOU:R is not a remake but still has noticeable improvement, though I agree it should be a little cheaper.

BF4 and COD: Ghosts didnt look better on the XB1 and PS4 than the 360 and PS3 versions...?

I don't see the big deal. They don't take many resources from developers and no one forces you to buy them.

What's the difference between this and cross platform games, bar the different release dates?

Or movies that came out on Blu-ray a year or two after their DVD releases?

I'm not gonna get any remaster, except for Sleeping Dogs if the rumours are true (heard good things about the game) and maaaaaaaaybe Beyond. Games I haven't played, basically. The others I don't care about, but they don't bother me either.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network

another hour and another the last of us thread

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

This topic again... Just leave Sony alone! They simply want to make some money!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Why is it a problem to bring a game from ps3 to ps4 a year later, but not from pc to 360 (The Witcher 2) or consoles to pc (Dark souls). Seems to make more sense than releasing a goty edition with included dlc on the same platform, but that's fine too...

Ka-pi96 said:

I'm pretty sure the current gen versions of COD, FIFA etc had an improvement as well, otherwise people are pretty stupid for paying for the upgrade

There you have it.. and I'm one of those :^D I don't know fifa but call of duty is practically the same.

Yeah, enough of this thread. We've gone over HD Remasters and The Last Of Us enough the past few days, please comment your thoughts in one of these threads.

Locking before things go badly wrong.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.