By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The moment has come, Killzone franchise outsells Halo Reach! (on VGC)

Tagged games:

Veknoid_Outcast said:
I don't want to jump to conclusions, but what is the point of this thread? Whether intentionally or not, it will insult fans of the Killzone franchise, and probably lead to a lot of hurt feelings and angry posts. I'm sure a response thread is already in the works.

If it's just to commemorate the Killzone series passing a single game in the same genre, well, I'm not sure if that deserves a thread. There's no point, there's no thesis, there's really nothing to argue about or learn about, or even talk about.

Maybe, but the thread seems like a joke to me, and that's OK. There isn't any obvious malice in the thread and from time to time you need a bit of satire in the forums

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
iceland said:
celador said:

I'm sure you have been waiting for this moment, for no other reason than to take a dig.  It's nothing new though, anti-Sony bitterness seems to have reached a high point recently

I heard someone say that Reach sold better than the entire Killzone franchise once, so naturally I found that interesting and have been checking it on VGC every now and then, don't really see how it's anti-Sony. It's not like Killzone's sales have been god awful. If you feel as though I'm "trolling" feel free to report me.

That was sales2099.

People just take this as interesting bit of information and don't get so defensive over it.

Ya I totally remember saying that lol.

Now ill just, as people like to say to me, "move the goal posts" to Halo 3 :)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

halo as a series is above and beyond the killzone series in every way in my opinion. I would buy an xbox solely for halo if need be, not a ps for just killzone.

to me finishing a killzone game felt like a chore halfway through for some reason, i havent been able to define specifically what it is or what combination loses my interests.

Good for killzone i guess. i do see a good bump in xbo sales come November though. i cant wait!!!

Competition is GOOOD! I love it!

sales2099 said:
celador said:
pretty sad trolling attempt, maybe do one for Forza v Gran Turismo

Like how Forza 4 is outselling GT6 by itself? ;)

Even with the stupidest possible release date GT6 is still tracking ahead of Forza 4 though.

DerNebel said:
sales2099 said:
celador said:

Even with the stupidest possible release date GT6 is still tracking ahead of Forza 4 though.

not to mention GT 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 all individually has outsold all Forza totals combined.. or how the GT series has outsold the Forza series 5:1.. but we can't mention any of that, can we? lol

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
sales2099 said:
celador said:

Well ya but its still higher lifetime, which is an achievment in itself :)

(lets not get into this, this subject tends to spiral out of control fast)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

I think Wii Sports sold more than all the Halo games combined.

Therefore, Wii Sports > Halo > Killzone

Yet, Sony doing best, then MS, and then Nintendo? WTF

Conegamer said:

Maybe, but the thread seems like a joke to me, and that's OK. There isn't any obvious malice in the thread and from time to time you need a bit of satire in the forums

There's a bit of satire for sure but I actually do think the info is interesting. Saying that I'm trolling and bitter is far from the truth.

BillyBong said:
DerNebel said:
sales2099 said:
celador said:

not to mention GT 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 all individually has outsold all Forza totals combined.. or how the GT series has outsold the Forza series 5:1.. but we can't mention any of that, can we? lol

lol overkill much? Certainly not necessary to me just poking fun. I could just pull the criticial acclaim argument, which gamers (in theory) should care about more then how much a game sells, but I can't mention that now....can't I? ;)

sales2099 said:
DerNebel said:
sales2099 said:

Well ya but its still higher lifetime, which is an achievment in itself :)

(lets not get into this, this subject tends to spiral out of control fast)

Lol fine, I'm in a good mood today anyway. TLOU has reached 7 million (shipped+digital) on PS3, so looks like that PS fans now have a third person action franchise that can go head to head and even beat Gears and that makes me happy in weird way.