By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The moment has come, Killzone franchise outsells Halo Reach! (on VGC)

Tagged games:

wow america loves HALO. 

that explaim why a dont give a shit about it .

im not from there.

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Around the Network

Honestly, most people would say that the Halo series has been better than Killzone.

Wasn't really the point, the point was maximum piss take value.

shikamaru317 said:
Lol, for years I've had to listen to Sony fans say that Killzone is better than Halo. But sales paint an entirely different picture, don't they? xD

Lol, for years I've had to listen to Microsoft fans say that Forza is better than Gran Turismo. But sales paint an entire different picture, don't they? xD

See how that works? Some people don't let sales dictate their gaming tastes. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

sales2099 said:

Actually this thread is satire. You were clearly on the defensive. Like we don't allready know the sales stats you posted.......

Forza sells enough on its own to warrant sequels, plus its the better rated IP so I couldn't be happier. Nm, you just need some more spinach in your diet.

it's a f*d up comparison and no reason really to create this thread.  so what was the point?  to joke on KZ sales even though it's a good enough franchise?   and it is insulting that a thread was created for that very fact.  Isn't that what satire's all about?  ridiculing? mocking? taunting?   And look who just happens to pop in for their kicks and giggles because of the thread?  most notably the anti-sony brigade.. and yet i should be eating more spinach because i'm on the defensive?  ha.. good for you guys.  awesome. 

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..

iceland said:
DerNebel said:

That was sales2099.

People just take this as interesting bit of information and don't get so defensive over it.

Now that you mention it I think it was him lol

I found it pretty interesting thought I would share it (maybe the gif was overdoing it?)

The gif made you look like a troll.

Now saying Sony made Killzone "just to compete with Halo" and constantly putting them side by side it a little ridiculous as well, the sci-fi first person shooter was the first kind of first person shooter ever made in quantity, as soon as the original Doom was released most shooters were sci-fi or at the very least had some level of imagination in their weapons/settings/monsters... Halo really only continued that trend in an interesting setting (Bungie's previous series, Maraton was also sci-fi)... So now that Halo has some success in that style of game makes all the somewhat related games copy cat of it, but not of anything that came before? No matter how good you think Halo is, it did not invent online shooting, nor did it invent science fiction shooters.

I will be curious to see how Destiny does, it may sell over 10 million units before the end of the year, if it's anywhere near this, or has success similar to that of Watch_Dogs, all that could be said of Halo is that it's held back by its xbox strings (that is true of all major platform exclusives).

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Fusioncode said:
shikamaru317 said:
Lol, for years I've had to listen to Sony fans say that Killzone is better than Halo. But sales paint an entirely different picture, don't they? xD

Lol, for years I've had to listen to Microsoft fans say that Forza is better than Gran Turismo. But sales paint an entire different picture, don't they? xD

See how that works? Some people don't let sales dictate their gaming tastes. 

Ah, but Halo has both sales and Metacritic on it's side. Gran Turismo only has sales, Forza has the higher metacritic ratings usually. But ultimately, neither sales nor metacritic can account for personal taste, that's why I often like games with average or lower metacritic scores and sales.

The only reason I even bothered to post in this thread is because over the years I've gotten sick of Sony fans heralding Killzone as Sony's Halo, but honestly, Killzone is nothing like Halo, the only thing they share is that they're sci-fi shooters. Everything else is entirely different. If I was going to herald a series as Sony's Halo, it would be Uncharted, it has at least come somewhat close to matching Halo's success (at least a game series, but not as a franchise).  

To your first point, GT6 has a higher metacritic than Forza 5, and both games are the latest entries in the series. If we go to the past I have yet to see a Forza game match GT3. 

I don't like Killzone either but saying that Sony fans are wrong about enjoying it because of sales doesn't make any sense to me. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

sales2099 said:
BillyBong said:
sales2099 said:

lol overkill much? Certainly not necessary to me just poking fun. I could just pull the criticial acclaim argument, which gamers (in theory) should care about more then how much a game sells, but I can't mention that now....can't I? ;)

no different from the KZ series to Halo Reach argument..

And why would anyone care for the critical acclaim argument?  why don't you just play what you like.. that's what real gamers do.  good enough sales for me = a likely sequel.. that's all i care about.

Actually this thread is satire. You were clearly on the defensive. Like we don't allready know the sales stats you posted.......

Forza sells enough on its own to warrant sequels, plus its the better rated IP so I couldn't be happier. Nm, you just need some more spinach in your diet.

better rated IP! How?

Metacritic for you

1        2        3        4         5         6

Forza      92      90     92      91     80         ??

GT           96      93     95      89     84        81

Just one game ahead!!

estebxx said:
celador said:

I'm sure you have been waiting for this moment, for no other reason than to take a dig.  It's nothing new though, anti-Sony bitterness seems to have reached a high point recently

a very HIGH point, i laughed at first but after reading that he was just waiting to do this for some time... thats just sad.

Yes I'm sad and bitter :( 

#relaxppl

Next... Angry birds Vs ????

Hot damn! The Barbie Franchise has outsold The Last Of Us!
http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=barbie