By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of US PS4 vs PS3 Comparison Animated GIF Shows Vast Visual Improvement

KLXVER said:
Its like day and.....a little later that day.

Pretty much this. It's the same but a little bit sharper. Not that I expected anything else, really.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
Geez, we should just stop these threads, it's always going to end the same. The threads will always be flooded by people saying that they can't see a difference, maybe ND should have put a new color filter on the game so people would have an easier time telling the versions apart. /sarcasm

Just let people think what they want and be happy with the game, if you want to get it and if you're like me and don't own a PS4 yet, but just want this game to reach as many people as possible and understand why this remaster exists, then just be happy with its inevitable success.

Thats what happens when a 1 year old game is remastered. Not much difference is seen to say "wow"

Looks really better now but TLoU on PS3 compared to other PS3 games was more impressive last year as looking at this on PS4 when you are used to other PS4 games.

So, even if it looks better, it still impresses me less as it did last year so that playing it now on PS4 would do nothing for me if the video is representative for the game. I'm absolutely fine with my PS3 version.

If I would be interested in the remaster then because of the higher framerate.

Does anyone know how accurate this video is? Warning: spoilers

Because when you look at it like this, the difference is pretty clear.

lol yeah very vast!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
Geez, we should just stop these threads, it's always going to end the same. The threads will always be flooded by people saying that they can't see a difference, maybe ND should have put a new color filter on the game so people would have an easier time telling the versions apart. /sarcasm

Just let people think what they want and be happy with the game, if you want to get it and if you're like me and don't own a PS4 yet, but just want this game to reach as many people as possible and understand why this remaster exists, then just be happy with its inevitable success.

It's more to do with the fact that this is an obvious money-grab by Sony. Instead of remaking or remastering some older games which a lot people haven't had access to in a while, they remaster a one year old game and only marginally improve on it. It gets them the most money, sure, but it doesn't change the fact that it's a dubious corporate decision.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Woww, such a remaster!!

jlmurph2 said:

Thats what happens when a 1 year old game is remastered. Not much difference is seen to say "wow"

There has never been a remaster that wowed. Being 1080p 60fps is what matters here.

Whew, yup, just about all the usual downplayers are here and only 4 pages in. Game looks good on PS4, and only Naughty Doge could outdo Naughty Doge, which in an of itself is a feat.

Thanks jlmurph!

KLXVER said:
DerNebel said:

You should take your own advice there, pal.

What do you mean?