By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which game will sell more lifetime globally? Wind Waker HD vs Last of Us Remastered

Which game will sell more lifetime globally?

Wind Waker HD 110 32.26%

Last of Us Remastered 227 66.57%

Total:337

Wind Waker HD is currently sitting around 1 million.  Considering that Wind Waker HD should benefit from not having many other big Wii U games for Holiday 2014, it should still sell well during this Christmas.  So I think Wind Waker HD will get around 1.75-2 million lifetime.

It looks like Last of Us Remastered is tracking to open up around 250k-300k in the 1st week.  It should get to 1 million easily by Christmas.  I think this game will get to around 1.75 million lifetime.  However, there are lots of PS4 gamers that didn't have a PS3, so it could get to 2 million. 

This should be close. 

Around the Network

TLoU remaster will easily clear 1mil so in between 1.5mil-3mil seems to be a good guess though i think it'll fall just short of 2mil.

Wind Waker is over 1.2mil, the digital sales are high and it should be WAY Over 1.5mil as of today. Its the most bought deal with MK8 at least in the US, so im guessing 2mil is easily guaranteed now.

Non the less both should do well.

The mk8 deal certainly helped wwhds chances of winning this battle. I think it's still at the top of the recent eshop chartz.

Well, shit! I think TLOU Remastered will just barely pass WWHD in terms of LT sales, but both of them will pass 2 million that's for sure!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Going by vgc numbers only, as we will never know digital sales I'll say TLOU:R will win comfortably.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

TLOU:R

There are still to many people who refuse to play Windwaker because of toon link.

Consoles: 3DS, Wii U, and Vita soon. Super Paper Mario fan.

Tlou, because Wind Waker is for fan, TLOU for people that not have one PS3.

That's actually a tough one, hmm.

I think TLOU will definitely open stronger than WWHD and get to the million in physical sales faster than WWHD, but lifetime is hard to say because Nintendo games have such strong legs.

It all depends on how much Sony wants this in PS4 owners hands, I personally believe they want that very much since I'm sure that they want TLOU to be one of their new big series on the PS4, so I can very much see Sony adding this to a holiday bundle or just some bundles over the next couple years in general as to get as many new people to play this on PS4 as possible.

That's at least what I would do if I was in Sonys position, sell the game standalone for now, later bundle it until it reaches maybe 2-2.5 million or even more and then as the final kicker offer it for free on PS+ a month before the sequel releases.

So to answer the question: Depends on how much Sony wants TLOU:R to sell.

binary solo said:
Going by vgc numbers only, as we will never know digital sales I'll say TLOU:R will win comfortably.

Wind Waker is the only wiiu game with an insane number of digital sales. Its way past 1.2mil now (retail+digital) :) It should be over 2mil by end of the year.