By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
said:

Heh!  "Of course!"  Well, I don't know.  That was the point of asking for feedback!

Anyway, thank you.  I do honestly appreciate it since I wasn't sure if its long-winded nature would be confusing.  But if sounds like the breakdown is reasonably self-explanatory, which is what I was going for.

You don't have to worry about that! I usually have a lot of time on my hands so it's not like reading the whole post was an issue for me!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
*Sound Of Rain said:

My random thoughts, feel free to comment on any of the following:

• I suck at all games in first person, they confuse me because I can't see what I'm controlling, no I'm not kidding

That's all for now

I'm the opposite. 3rd person games usually confuse me since they made the change to control the character from the camera's point of fiew, instead of the character's. I can only play it while the camera stays behind the character. It gets especially confusing when the character is hanging from the ceiling with a weird diagonal upward view or when the camera perspective suddenly changes . Which direction do I push to simply go forwards!
I usually only steer with the camera in 3rd person games and only push forwards on the movement stick. It's the reason I'm not liking Zelda as much anymore since motion control took away the camara control.

Mr_No said:

First Person games aren't that appealable to me because they won't let me see who am I controlling. Though I'm fairly competent at them, I always opt for Third Person games, where I excel most of the time. I don't like cookie cutter FPS like Call of Duty and Battlefield. Far Cry 3, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Red Faction 2... these are only a few of the FPS I love. They have way more depth than most of the FPS out there, and they are fun in their own way.

I like the zombie mode in COD but that's about it. I tried playing the GoldenEye Remake on the Wii and it just wasn't meant to be. I also tried Red Steel 2 but again, I didn't know where to go, got confused, and stopped playing. 

I keep hearing good things about Dues Ex though. It's available on PS Now so I might give it a shot if we hit a game drought.

said:

Errr... ok.  I guess... we wouldn't want that.

Baby cows!?

I think they are called Calf. Needless to say, yes, you'd be making them cry

SvennoJ said:

I'm the opposite. 3rd person games usually confuse me since they made the change to control the character from the camera's point of fiew, instead of the character's. I can only play it while the camera stays behind the character. It gets especially confusing when the character is hanging from the ceiling with a weird diagonal upward view or when the camera perspective suddenly changes . Which direction do I push to simply go forwards!
I usually only steer with the camera in 3rd person games and only push forwards on the movement stick. It's the reason I'm not liking Zelda as much anymore since motion control took away the camara control.

Really? That sucks for you then as most games are in 3rd person. (Though 1st person is getting more common now) I understand what you're saying. Some of those angles can be like "how do I go that way" but I'm normally fine with it.

I've only ever played Wind Waker HD so I wouldn't really know about Zelda. Is Skyward Sword really frustrating? I've heard multiple complaints about the controls though so you're not alone. Esspecially, the Beatle.

Around the Network
*Sound Of Rain said:
SvennoJ said:

Really? That sucks for you then as most games are in 3rd person. (Though 1st person is getting more common now) I understand what you're saying. Some of those angles can be like "how do I go that way" but I'm normally fine with it.

I've only ever played Wind Waker HD so I wouldn't really know about Zelda. Is Skyward Sword really frustrating? I've heard multiple complaints about the controls though so you're not alone. Esspecially, the Beatle.

I started out on PC where most games were in first person. And some that were 3rd person had the controls working from the character's point of view, like Tombraider, or the early Micro machines. I envision being the character, so it's pretty odd I have to press left to go right when the camera is on the other side. And so annoying when you run over a ledge and the camera makes a cinematic swirl around causing you to turn and fall off.

Twilight princess removed the camera control on the Wii, and it's still gone with Skyward sword. It's just annoying you have to stop and press a different button to be able to look around.

AZWification said:

said:

Heh!  "Of course!"  Well, I don't know.  That was the point of asking for feedback!

Anyway, thank you.  I do honestly appreciate it since I wasn't sure if its long-winded nature would be confusing.  But if sounds like the breakdown is reasonably self-explanatory, which is what I was going for.

You don't have to worry about that! I usually have a lot of time on my hands so it's not like reading the whole post was an issue for me!

Oh.

Well... I'm still grateful for it.  So there!

ColdFire - The man with no name.

*Sound Of Rain said:

said:

Errr... ok.  I guess... we wouldn't want that.

Baby cows!?

I think they are called Calf. Needless to say, yes, you'd be making them cry

Ha!  I know what they're called!

My confusion was over how they entered the conversation in the first place.

said:

I know

*Sound Of Rain said:

said:

I know

You know what?  You know that I know what they're called, or you know what caused my confusion?

And you'd better not reply with "Yes."