By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
said:

You know what?  You know that I know what they're called, or you know what caused my confusion?

And you'd better not reply with "Yes."

Both. Although, I knew you knew what they were called...

Now would I do that to you?

Around the Network
*Sound Of Rain said:
said:

You know what?  You know that I know what they're called, or you know what caused my confusion?

Signature goes here!

I have recently bought Hitman 2: Silent Assassin HD on the PSN. Even for a HD remaster, the game still shows its age. Even worse, it still suffers from some annoying bugs and glitches. Hidden Valley, one of the toughest levels, would glitch out in a certain point, making a Silent Assassin walkthrough impossible. I've started it on Expert difficulty so I can acclimate for Professional.

TruckOSaurus said:

I miss this show

Mr_No said:
I have recently bought Hitman 2: Silent Assassin HD on the PSN. Even for a HD remaster, the game still shows its age. Even worse, it still suffers from some annoying bugs and glitches. Hidden Valley, one of the toughest levels, would glitch out in a certain point, making a Silent Assassin walkthrough impossible. I've started it on Expert difficulty so I can acclimate for Professional.

I haven't played it so I can't comment on specifics but that sucks dude

Around the Network
said:

I just quoted you so you would see it

I saw your post the other day but forgot to respond. Certain games, I can play more than once but I just feel like "pick up & play" styled multiplayer works better for me overall these days. Something I can play without needing a lot of time so I don't break up the story because it doesn't have one.

*Sound Of Rain said:
Mr_No said:

I haven't played it so I can't comment on specifics but that sucks dude

Nah, don't be sorry. I have a penchant for torture with games like these. It actually ups the challenge for me. I love the stealth gameplay.

*Sound Of Rain said:
said:

I saw your post the other day but forgot to respond.

Oh ok.  Did you actually read the whole thing?  I just re-read it myself and, like my exclusives explanation, it's a little on the long side.  Well, actually it isn't.  At least, not for me.  But I realize it's a bit longer than most people probably care to struggle through.

*Sound Of Rain said:

Certain games, I can play more than once...

Honestly, I'm not sure I've ever owned a game that I've only played once.  I mean, I probably have.  I'm sure there have been some along the way that were so bad that I never went back to them.  But for the most part, I replay pretty much everything at some point.  And in the case of games I really like, I don't just replay them once or twice; I often do it until I can't stand the sight of them.

I guess I just don't understand the supposed replay value that everyone says multiplayer has but single-player doesn't.  If you have a great time playing a game, how is your ability to enjoy it again affected by whether it's single-player or multiplayer?  If you enjoy it, you enjoy it!  I could understand if single-player was never your thing in the first place - that would be different - but if you enjoy it the first time, why not the second time?  Because you've played it before?  But you never hear multiplayer fans say, "What's the point?  We've played this map before!"  Yeah, but you enjoyed it, right?  Isn't that all that matters?

Er... listen... a note about my tone.  The above paragraph reads as kind of confrontational, even to me (and I know that wasn't my intent).  I just want to make it clear, as I said in the other post, I don't hate multiplayer, nor do I begrudge anybody who likes it.  All I'm trying to convey here is that the commonly held view that mutliplayer has massive replay value and single-player is only good for a couple of playthroughs at best, is, at least for some of us, the polar opposite of the truth.  But, to be clear, I'm not stating this as some kind of absolute fact.  It's entirely subjective, of course.

*Sound Of Rain said:

... but I just feel like "pick up & play" styled multiplayer works better for me overall these days.

Fair enough.  I can appreciate that.  I would add, though, that I find most single-player games I've played to be just as "pick up and play" as anything.  But it also depends largely on the genre.  I'm sure you could pick up and play the single-player campaign of your typical FPS, but if it were, say, an RPG or something that requires you to spend a lot of time setting up and customizing characters and whatnot, then yeah, that would be a different matter.

*Sound Of Rain said:

Something I can play without needing a lot of time so I don't break up the story because it doesn't have one.

Isn't that what casual games are for?  Sorry, that was mean.

Oh, and while I'm here...

*Sound Of Rain said:

said:

Heh!  Would you, indeed?  I think you would have... but I pre-empted you... because I knew that you would.  Just like you know that I know what baby cows are called.  And now, I know that you know that I know, ya know?  But I'll bet you didn't know that I knew that you knew what I knew that you know.  But if you did know then I can honestly say that I didn't know.  Yes, I know.  Maybe what I thought I knew, I didn't know, and what I didn't know, you knew.  I don't know.  Maybe you knew that I didn't know that you knew what I didn't know, and I didn't know that I didn't know, and you knew!

You know, I now know that I didn't know what you knew, and I think you knew it.  I think I thought what you thought was what you didn't know and I knew, but now I don't think that I knew, and I think you knew.  I know!  You knew that I didn't know, and you thought that I didn't think that you weren't thinking that I knew because I thought but I didn't know, and you knew that I would think that I knew but not know that you knew what I didn't know!  You know what?  I didn't know you were such a tricky bastard!  How could I have known?  Hell if I know.  You've probably known all along, but at this point... who knows?

*unties tongue*

Also, while I think of it, a quick update on the list.  No, I haven't forgotten it.  On the contrary, I've been working my ass off to complete it.  The problem is that there's new stuff being announced all the time (well, either that, or it's just stuff that I hadn't found yet) and it makes it hard to actually reach a final version because every time I think I've got it sorted out, I find a bunch more games to add.  I think I may have to just draw the line at some point and post what I have.  Otherwise, it's going to keep getting delayed indefinitely.

Anyway, the point is that it's still coming - I haven't forgotten.  But it's taking longer to organize than I anticipated because just when I thought I was getting close, I had to add a bunch of crap.

ColdFire - The man with no name.

*Sound Of Rain said:

said:

Hey, I'm using your trick to make sure you see this.

Just a quick update, if you guys still care.  I'm more or less finished the exclusives breakdown and I'm in the process of tidying it up to make it as legible as possible.

There will probably be stuff missing, and out-of-date info but I've given up trying to make it up-to-the-minute accurate.  Every time I try to confirm the final draft, I find new information to add, and at this rate, it'll never be finished.  So, I'm just going to clean up what I've got and post it.  If there's anything that needs to be fixed, people can let me know.

Hopefully, the tidying up won't take too long.  I'm not sure how I'll post it, though.  I've created the list in Excel and the tables on this site are really kicking my ass.  I've tried a number of tests and I can't seem to get it to display properly.  If it comes down to it, I may just create screen grabs and post it like that.  I don't know yet.  I'll see once it's in its final format.

ColdFire - The man with no name.

said:

Hey, I'm using your trick to make sure you see this.

Just a quick update, if you guys still care.  I'm more or less finished the exclusives breakdown and I'm in the process of tidying it up to make it as legible as possible.

There will probably be stuff missing, and out-of-date info but I've given up trying to make it up-to-the-minute accurate.  Every time I try to confirm the final draft, I find new information to add, and at this rate, it'll never be finished.  So, I'm just going to clean up what I've got and post it.  If there's anything that needs to be fixed, people can let me know.

Hopefully, the tidying up won't take too long.  I'm not sure how I'll post it, though.  I've created the list in Excel and the tables on this site are really kicking my ass.  I've tried a number of tests and I can't seem to get it to display properly.  If it comes down to it, I may just create screen grabs and post it like that.  I don't know yet.  I'll see once it's in its final format.

It obviously didn't work

Anyway, thanks for the update and I look forward to seeing your final piece of work. It should be a nice read

Yeah, this site can cause issues with posting and images and other programs and stuff