By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft is innocent!!

MTZehvor said:
Microsoft killed Rareware.

That's all the reason you need to hate them.

Of course not, conkey is totally back !

Around the Network

I will never thank them. They have nearly ruined gaming with their online push. Dlc that you must pay for, patches that are an excuse to release unfinished products just like dlc, needing hardware updates, drm, killing arcades, gaming with ppl across the world instead of with a friend in your living room, etc.

SWORDF1SH said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Haters gonna hate, you can't change blind fanboyism with rational discussion.

I find this comment very ironic.

Anyway, MS have done a lot of great things for gaming. Most notably online gaming. No matter how you spin it, the Xbox 360 was more superior than the rest for an online experience.

But in no way can you defend the fail rate of the 360. Yes you also can't defend the fail rate of the PS1 and PS2 either and I'm pretty sure there was a lot of outrage about that to. When the 360 was dropped, we were entering an era where everybody and their nan was gettinf the 'net. It is now very easy for one person to be vocal to millions. So when a lot of 360's were dying, we heard about it.

The 360 is a great console and I don't really think it took that much flak for thing other than the fail rate. Just a vocal minority making a loud splash behind the keyboard. But the same can be said the other way. PS3 took a hammering also for things that weren't justified.

If we look at the X1, can you justify what MS tried to do with their original vision? I didn't see you defend the X1 and thats where the major problem now lies with gamers.

Welp I'm not a fanboy so my comment can't be ironic. Also you're right I didn't defend the X1 with it's original policies, they were anti-consumer and for a moment I wasn't even going to get an XBO until it was dirt cheap because of those said policies.

BlackyCat said:
MTZehvor said:

I think I just threw up in my mouth a bit...

Man, you tried to clean MS image but it just sounded worse than ever.
According to your post, MS did a lot of BS but they are not the first ones to do, so it's ok...? It does not matter who created, but the one who popularized it.

3DS, Wii, PSP, Vita, PS2, PS3, PS4 & Steam.

Around the Network
TheSting said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Sony's consoles have never gone past a 15% failure rate to the best of my knowledge and they've launched on time. My PS2 still works perfect even though PS2's had higher failure issues than the original Xbox, they still weren't above the norm.

This is not fact at all. The whole paragraph is false. If you dont know the percentage how can you say what was? Except the original Xbox which was seemingly built tough. And you experience of having a PS2 my bad. Edited

The original Xbox was built tough. Thats what i was telling him. The PS2 had a normal failure rate even though there were a lot of complaints. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
TheSting said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Sony's consoles have never gone past a 15% failure rate to the best of my knowledge and they've launched on time. My PS2 still works perfect even though PS2's had higher failure issues than the original Xbox, they still weren't above the norm.

This is not fact at all. The whole paragraph is false. If you dont know the percentage how can you say what was? Except the original Xbox which was seemingly built tough. And you experience of having a PS2 my bad. Edited

The original Xbox was built tough. Thats what i was telling him. The PS2 had a normal failure rate even though there were a lot of complaints. 

I understood that part. I agreed. Where are you getting this normal failure rate from? There was outrage(lawsuit) and bet if the internet was ablaze like now it would have gotten worse. The PS2s early were built like shit

shloob said:
I don't understand any of this talk thrown into this article about Microsoft buying their talent, do Sony people not realize that their number one Sony owned studio was around about 10 years before Playstation entered the picture and they were acquired by Sony in the early 2000's.

Silly goose, when Sony secures timed exclusive content or signs a developer or pays a 3rd party company to make a game for them its "growing their stable of talent" and "investing in gamers". When Microsoft does those things it's "cancer".

d21lewis said:
SvennoJ said:
Really officer, I'm innocent, the guy before me ran the red light too.

Hey, that point of view is fine too--as long as it's consistent.  If you're gonna condemn Microsoft for it, condemn everybody.  If you're gonna ignore it when Nintendo or Sony does it, ignore it when Microsoft does it.

It's the flip flopping of what's acceptable and what's not that I can't stand.

I do.

Consistency is my strong suit.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

BlackyCat said:
MTZehvor said:

Conker is getting some love in Project Spark. Thats not love. Thats just MS saying "we'll throw something your way...and you've asked and you've been very...very..very..................................very patient. Wait.... we don't deem it to be a fully financially viable game. Maybe if we put a half-assed Conker section in here would you play it?". LOL