By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft is innocent!!

I don't understand any of this talk thrown into this article about Microsoft buying their talent, do Sony people not realize that their number one Sony owned studio was around about 10 years before Playstation entered the picture and they were acquired by Sony in the early 2000's.

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Exactly. Microsoft hasn't done much of anything. Most of their work was done by outside companies. This is why they continue to depend on outside companies. They let money trump creativity. They can buy the best developers in the world with the best tech, but they could never direct them to make the next best new IP. Why not? Not because they can't. Its because Microsoft internally doesn't endorse creativity.

Sure, MS didn't have any influence on the RTS or TPS game that Halo was going to be. Bungie didn't have a clue what to do with the game protoype before MS's acquisition.

But sure, all those downloadable titles before this gen don't count because somebody found Arcade and Indy titles last year for 8th gen.

Money sometimes trumps creativity but MS doesn'tuse it to copy competition's games.

Halo was coming with or without Microsofts help. Online gaming was also coming. Deal with it.

Learn this. No game is completely without inspiration. Sony copied some of Nintendos games (Mario Kart and Super Smash), because they want to compete for the couch space as well, but Sony is more than that. If you are going to hold Sony just to those things you've ignored their entire existence.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Halo was coming with or without Microsofts help. Online gaming was also coming. Deal with it.

Learn this. No game is completely without inspiration. Sony copied some of Nintendos games (Mario Kart and Super Smash), because they want to compete for the couch space as well, but Sony is more than that. If you are going to hold Sony just to those things you've ignored their entire existence.

The RTS or TPS version?

shloob said:
I don't understand any of this talk thrown into this article about Microsoft buying their talent, do Sony people not realize that their number one Sony owned studio was around about 10 years before Playstation entered the picture and they were acquired by Sony in the early 2000's.

Sony has many great companies but Sony has a focus and they took Naughty Dog from platformers to storybased action/adventure games.  Naughty Dog pre-Sony is not the same Naughty Dog post Sony. If that were true, Cerny would've gone back to his root with Naughty Dog making Crash Bandicoot. Sony has a development style and if you haven't noticed Insomniac, Naughty Dog, Guerilla, SSM and Sucker Punch all shared that flowing cinematic style. 

Microsoft has no development style that you can mark from studio to studio based on art style influence.

NobleTeam360 said:
Haters gonna hate, you can't change blind fanboyism with rational discussion.

Annnnnd that just about ends the thread.  No reason to read beyond this truth.

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

The RTS or TPS version?

Doesn't matter. Halo was going to be a force whichever way it came at that period of time.

Look at this video. Halo was an amazing looking game for its time period.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2RVje3MyhQ

Microsoft killed Rareware.

That's all the reason you need to hate them.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
VanceIX said:
estebxx said:
My PS1 still works perfectly after 14 years...

You probably have a later production model, those had a lot of the issues fixed that the original had.

Sony's consoles have never gone past a 15% failure rate to the best of my knowledge and they've launched on time. My PS2 still works perfect even though PS2's had higher failure issues than the original Xbox, they still weren't above the norm.

This is not fact at all. The whole paragraph is false. If you dont know the percentage how can you say what was? Except the original Xbox which was seemingly built tough. And you experience of having a PS2 my bad. Edited

shloob said:

Before Naughty Dog was arquired by Sony, all the games they produced were entirely for Sony so what is your point?

BraLoD said:
VanceIX said:
estebxx said:
My PS1 still works perfectly after 14 years...

You probably have a later production model, those had a lot of the issues fixed that the original had.

My PS1 have 13 years and also work perfectly.

13 years is a 2001 model, which was late production. The original models (the mid 90s) had some issues.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC