By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - LeBron James Chooses the Cleveland Cavaliers!!!

I'm a Magic fan, so this is excellent news for me! Hopefully we can finally be relevant again, lol

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
As a total noob on basketball, isn't this saying he thinks his team of the last 4 years isnt good enough?

sounds like someone wants to be carried

Yes. He's talking about how he wants to put his city over basketball, but there's absolutely no way he would have gone to Cleveland if they didn't have Kyrie Irving and on the verge of getting Kevin Love. He's just switching to whichever team will get him a championship, instead of staying put and building his own legacy. 

kirby007 said:
As a total noob on basketball, isn't this saying he thinks his team of the last 4 years isnt good enough?

You can't carry the best player in the game. If he wanted to ride someone else's coattails, there are better teams he could have chosen.

TheBlackNaruto said:
Wow after how that manager dogged him and how the city cursed him and burned jerseys etc wow. Well as a long time Heat fan I wish him the best there and now my team has PLENTY of cap space to rebuild! Hopefully they make some good moves and get some more key players!

^This without the fan part. I could've bet money that he'd stay with the heat after being insulted by the cavs owner and all. Wow, surprise of the day for sure. If you think about it I guess he got to the point in Miami (see the finals stats) where he had to basically play by himself which was why he left Cleveland to begin with. I guess he figured if he has to carry a team by himself, it may as well be his home team. I still dont think Cleveland will win anything though. The city is just cursed.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

burninmylight said:
BMaker11 said:

An hour ago:

*pic*

People in Miami are some of the most casual sports fans on the planet.

*One week later from today*

Heat fan: "Huh? LeBron's gone?"

That pic was made moreso for bandwagon fans who didn't like the Heat until July 8, 2010

Around the Network
kirby007 said:

No he wanted a Max deal from the Heat and Wade,Bosh didn't wan't to take big paycuts so they can try and lure in another star, they could have stayed together and rebuild their shit bench and probably still make the finals because the East division is so weak.

burninmylight said:
kirby007 said:

You can't carry the best player in the game. If he wanted to ride someone else's coattails, there are better teams he could have chosen.

Like who? Cleveland is the only team that can can afford his contract while sporting three all-stars at the same time (Irving is much better than Wade at this point in his career, and Kevin Love is an immediate upgrade over Bosh, not to mention them having Miami's first round pick for next year, which might just end up being a top-10 one now). If he stayed in Miami, he would at least have had the chance to build his legacy with one team, but history will remember his as the guy who bolted when thigs started to get a little tough. 

VanceIX said:
kirby007 said:

Yes. He's talking about how he wants to put his city over basketball, but there's absolutely no way he would have gone to Cleveland if they didn't have Kyrie Irving and on the verge of getting Kevin Love. He's just switching to whichever team will get him a championship, instead of staying put and building his own legacy. 

This just in: good basketball players want to play with other good basketball players to give them the best chance to win. By the way, if he signs for max money, they wouldn't be able to sign Kevin Love, who will no doubt want to get paid as well. The Cavs just signed Irving to a 90$ million contract.

DolPhanTendo said:
This right here proves je is a self center EGOtistical jack ass and is the reason NBA is 5th most popular sport here in the U.S. This puts him no where near Jordan comparison and Damn I cant stand him.

Haters gonna hate lol

burninmylight said:
VanceIX said:
kirby007 said:

This just in: good basketball players want to play with other good basketball players to give them the best chance to win. By the way, if he signs for max money, they wouldn't be able to sign Kevin Love, who will no doubt want to get paid as well. The Cavs just signed Irving to a 90$ million contract.

MJ and Kobe, along with Magic Johnson, Kareem, etc. all played for pretty much one team their entire careers, and when they did leave it wasn't because they saw greener pastures. Kareem was traded, Magic got AIDS, Kobe is still with the Lakers even though they suck, and Michael Jordan left to play baseball. They built their own legacies through persistence, not insta-championships. Lebron is the definition of a mercenary, while the other people who have gone down as the greatest were very loyal and stayed many, many years with their teams.