By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Destiny Beta Thread: Feedback, Impressions, Media and More. Xbox Beta is Live!!!!

What is your favorite competitive multiplayer map?

Moon 31 41.89%

Earth 11 14.86%

Venus 19 25.68%

Mars 6 8.11%

Total:67

I don't know about any more surprises. Maybe tonight they will just.....surprise us :)

Around the Network

got the beta when it went open to all.

Love it, well at least the co-op stuff (Just hit lvl 5 so I will check out the pvp tomorrow)

I play about 10 co-op missions with my brother and it was a blast, felt like back when were back home playing co-op missions on Timeslitters 2.

This game really has a chance of being something special. Obviously a beta and we dont know for sure how much more content it will have at release.

Honestly the only people who seem to hate on this are Xbox fans, I think while even though it is on their console it pretty much will overshadow their single biggest exclusive being Halo. I mean think about it, if Bungie pulls this off Halo is pretty much an after-thought.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Finally played it!

I've spent half an hour playing and its an alright game. Nothing that special. It looks nice even on the 360 but there's nothing that good about it.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

When can you get into competitive multiplayer? Do you have to finish singleplayer first?

MoHasanie said:
Finally played it!

I've spent half an hour playing and its an alright game. Nothing that special. It looks nice even on the 360 but there's nothing that good about it.

Your opinion may change after more time with it. The more you play the game the more you may end up liking it. Personally, I was underwhelmed for my first few hours but now I'm completely addicted. And for me that's really saying something because Halo 3 was the last game I was addicted to. I've been under a dry spell all these years.

Around the Network
DD_Bwest said:
Attention, the detiny beta will be open to EVERYONE, at 4pm pacific. aslong as you have a capable console with PS+ or XBL gold

Fwiw I loaded it on my ps3 and played without +. For the 'worst' version it looked like a blurry ps4 destiny to me (where I've played more of it to the 8 cap). Dat cross gen. Oh well it will be wildly successful but they still should have skipped gen7 on this game.

AnthonyW86 said:
When can you get into competitive multiplayer? Do you have to finish singleplayer first?

You must be level 5, then visit the Crucible guy in the Tower.

Just a heads up if you play the beta alone, and go through all the story missions alone, chances are you're not gonna enjoy it. Talking smack and trying to kill more enemies than your buddy adds a whole new layer of entertainment to this.

Thanks jlmurph!

Thanks guys, just unlocked it. A bit of a weird way to unlock multiplayer but i guess they wanted players to gain some experience with the game first.

am I the only one on the moon mission?
empty as...

Proud Sony Rear Admiral