By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Destiny Beta Thread: Feedback, Impressions, Media and More. Xbox Beta is Live!!!!

What is your favorite competitive multiplayer map?

Moon 31 41.89%

Earth 11 14.86%

Venus 19 25.68%

Mars 6 8.11%

Total:67
bigjon said:

this. I had the same experiance about 5 matches or so I was sucking bad, and was not sure if I liked the PvP then it clicked and even when I was in the .8 to 1.0 K/D ratio range it was a blast. I am still not great but I usually average 1.25 to 1.5, but I also usually lead the team or close to it in Caps.

Also weapons and armor dont mean anything in crucible but a high level still has advantages. The biggest being most of your abilities work (not sure on the Codexes), for instance I tried a match before I got my enchanced jump and it made a huge difference once I learned it, also think unlocking of better grenades helps. In the final version higher lvls will also have access to subclasses.

A day or so before the beta ended i actually managed to go an entire round, raking in 20+ kills, without a single death.

Was pretty awesome.

Around the Network

Beta is closed now... or at least it is for me....

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

the ultra captain

getting to kings watch

my best game

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

LudicrousSpeed said:
gergroy said:

Crucible is balanced so that everybodys weapon and armor stats are equal.  Iron banner isnt, so level and equipment are a big deal...

I have read this before but when playing the game, it doesn't add up. If Crucible were balanced, my weapons should be 1-2 hit kills also. If these weapons are so powerful in a balanced mode like Crucible, they should destroy me even more in Iron Banner but even against level 8 guys charging their pistols and firing fusion rifles etc I lived longer and killed them. Oh well, I am sure they will make it more balanced. If not lulz.

I think the only guns that can kill in two hits or less are the special weapons (fusion rifles, sniper rifles, shotguns). You might be having some netcode issues, I've had quite a few of fast deaths myself, or laggy kills.

iceboy151 said:
Does anyone feel like the Warlock is OP?

I don't, but I've heard a lot of talk of the hunter being OP, which I don't agree with either.

Around the Network

So a curious thing between this game and Watchdogs-

Watchdogs lost a bit of hype from its beta, and from some other negatives before its release. This game just added hype from the beta. Has that ever happened before, I remember the Diablo 3 beta was decent but I dont think it helped a ton.

To me the fact that Bungie opened the beta to the world the last 3 days and before that was giving 3 beta keys with each preorder is telling. I know I would not do that unless I had absolute confidence in what I was about to deliver.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Did not have time to play the beta unfortunately but still, looking quite forward to the game

Also the secret behind destiny Logo!!

MC does have wonderful armour for his junk

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

iceboy151 said:
Does anyone feel like the Warlock is OP?

Yes and no. They seemed to try and balance it all, each class has a instant kill move in competative MP. Titan you need to be close, Hunter at range but is missable and Warlock at range and has area of effect. It's the range plus area that makes it stronger than the others but I don't think it's too OP as it's avoidable just like the others. There are more of them though.

I think the Fusion weapons are though, I'm killed more by them than Sniper and shotgun, I can tell you. Hand cannon even less.

Eitherway, I enjoyed my time with the Beta, it's just an FPS MMO but I really did enjoy it. When I do get a PS4 I think I'll get it you know, cheap, not when it comes out. The missions were fun but not sure how the main game might pan out, I mean in this beta there were 2 instances in 3 missions where you defend from waves. :P

I hope it's not all like that but the co-op mission with 2 other people was great fun. MP was fun too.

Hmm, pie.

Kratos said:

Also the secret behind destiny Logo!!

MC does have wonderful armour for his junk

That is some funny stuff, Kratos. Thanks