By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Destiny Beta Thread: Feedback, Impressions, Media and More. Xbox Beta is Live!!!!

What is your favorite competitive multiplayer map?

Moon 31 41.89%

Earth 11 14.86%

Venus 19 25.68%

Mars 6 8.11%

Total:67

is it just me or the Moon doesn't look as polished as Earth?

Around the Network
manny10032 said:
is it just me or the Moon doesn't look as polished as Earth?

It is you.

Just explore the map and you will see:p the cavern system is awesome

eFKac said:
Shame that Bungie didn't give us an exploration zone on the Moon, there are supposedly a lot of underground caverns that go really deep, even some cool enemies. But you have to head somewhere during the mission, I just got straight to the Temple :-/

why do you have to go straight there? lol

me and some pals spent over an hour just exploring the moon,   went FAR underground,   We battled hallowed knights, Hallowed wizards,   Elder knights and wizards,   Hallowed ogre..   all level 12+  lol   Even battled a ungraded shrieker

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

DD_Bwest said:
eFKac said:
Shame that Bungie didn't give us an exploration zone on the Moon, there are supposedly a lot of underground caverns that go really deep, even some cool enemies. But you have to head somewhere during the mission, I just got straight to the Temple :-/

why do you have to go straight there? lol

me and some pals spent over an hour just exploring the moon,   went FAR underground,   We battled hallowed knights, Hallowed wizards,   Elder knights and wizards,   Hallowed ogre..   all level 12+  lol   Even battled a ungraded shrieker

Well it's a story mission so I've played it for the story/lore, wanted it to have the pacing that was more less intended by the devs, not spent an hour exploring in between 0_o

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Its hard being a sniper, if anyone wants to try and play with me its typie3 on PSN, if im not already playing FFXIVARR

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
eFKac said:

Well it's a story mission so I've played it for the story/lore, wanted it to have the pacing that was more less intended by the devs, not spent an hour exploring in between 0_o

so do it seperate lol   we eplored before we did the first thing in the mission,  then went all the way back and did the mission normally lol

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

DD_Bwest said:
eFKac said:

so do it seperate lol   we eplored before we did the first thing in the mission,  then went all the way back and did the mission normally lol

Lol  that's probably what I'm  gonna do lol, would still prefer an open exploration zone without markers pointing to the mission as well as the compass (lol)

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

eFKac said:

Lol  that's probably what I'm  gonna do lol, would still prefer an open exploration zone without markers pointing to the mission as well as the compass (lol)

ya the moon is a bit of a maze,  im hoping they introduce some kind of map system lol

My impressions:

-Music is fine and enjoyed some of the 'boss' fight themes

- Visuals are amazing

- I am not sure what is going on story wise, also after playing games like Mass Effect that after 30 min already made me very interested in the universe I am not feeling anything for this game after 5-7 hours..

- The gameplay is fine but don't like borderlands type of level enemies. Oh level 2 enemy you look like the level 6 enemy but because you are level 2 I can kill you in three shots while your level 6 version takes me 12 bullets :s..

- I feel like the enemy A.I. is very disappointing especially because it is from Bungie who did a great job with the covenant A.I. and especially the skirmishers..

- I like the open world, and the hub but again are dissapointing how it feels. The hub world doesn't feel that alive (except if their are players walking around it). the Mass Effect worlds felt very alive.

- It feels like a MMo and it is fine but it is so basic...:s The maps/worlds are not so huge to explore and I hoped I could drive around for hours and fly in space and see how other players are flying around and best of all explore stuff (I guess  no man sky will do it).

- Very dissapointed in the MP, I am used to play MP games where people will run to the overpowered weapons like the rocket launchers/shotguns... but I felt like when I started my first mp match everybody of the other team started with OP weapons compared to my team. It annoys me like crazy...

- The weapon borderlands system I don't like aswell. I prefer that you can have like 30-50 different weapons in a game and can upgrade with a color or do more damage, or add some elements or more ammunition...but I spend for sure today 20 minutes changing my weapons today and my 6-7 assaults rifles and see witch one do more damage or can be better upgraded :(..

Conclusion: I probably will not get the game after playing the beta, a lot of stuff in the game is disappointing and annoying. I expected the game to be different in some parts and they have to change a lot to make it a game for me;..

I'm still kind of torn here. Overall I recognize the quality, for a beta it is very polished, controls are tight and precise, the maps are huge leaving for plenty of places to explore and secrets to discover and aside from the pvp being an unbalanced mess right now I can clearly see where they are going with it. At the same time, the more I play the less interesting I find it. I feel so detached from the narrative, even after completing all the story missions I still don't have an idea what the story is supposed to be telling us and I feel like I should know more by now. But I think that's sort of the problem with an mmo model, in a normal campaign you're the conquering hero so everything revolves around you, whereas in an mmo you're more just a cog in the machine.

So I can see the potential but I don't know if I'll really be able to enjoy it in the long run.