By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Destiny Beta Thread: Feedback, Impressions, Media and More. Xbox Beta is Live!!!!

What is your favorite competitive multiplayer map?

Moon 31 41.89%

Earth 11 14.86%

Venus 19 25.68%

Mars 6 8.11%

Total:67

is there any way to do a strike by yourself?

So they call him the Ultra Captain lol

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Around the Network

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Ummmm......since this thread seems to have died down a bit. DESTINY BETA IS FREE TO DOWNLOAD FOR ALL CONSOLES! GOGOGOGO!

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

I don't know if I'm just really unlucky or if the matchmaking still needs some fine tuning but I keep winding up on teams that are outnumbered 2 or 3 to 1 and one time 6 to 1. My kill to death ratio is not so good at the moment.

cheshirescat said:
I don't know if I'm just really unlucky or if the matchmaking still needs some fine tuning but I keep winding up on teams that are outnumbered 2 or 3 to 1 and one time 6 to 1. My kill to death ratio is not so good at the moment.

i have noticed an issue with the PvP when it comes to replenishing ranks when people get dropped, or just quit even.  I dont know if its something to do with allowing time for people to get a chance to get back in incase of glitch or what,   but ive seen new players come into a game just once,  and have only ever joined a game in progress once.   exlcuding times my game dropped and i just rejoined a friends fireteam.

So basically 1 person will leave, that team will start to get beaten, someone else will get mad and quit, the someone will see its 6v4 and quit, etc etc..   I have sent them a few messages about it so hopefully they atleast know of the issue.

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Around the Network

Some lesster known details for you to check out.

* Standing behind waterfalls / mist produces a rainbow effect (as it would in real life)
* Grass reacts to being disturbed, blade by blade, walk slowly through it while looking down to see it in action.
* When a person choses EXO as their race, all voice communication from them via headset is filtered to be robotic.
* When using revolver/hand canon, squeezing the trigger gently slowly draws back the guns hammer, in preparation to fire.
* Radio static on voice communications the further away the other player gets, or if there's an obstruction, or if a super has been activated (electronic distortion).
* Standing under water and looking up distorts your vision
* At night, sometimes there are shooting stars.
* Sparrows have a reverse beep (new to beta)
* Hive Thralls are much agressive to you if you're riding a sparrow
* Headshots/precision kills increase chances of dropping an encoded engram
* There are three areas not supposed to be accessible in the beta, that you can access, Kings Watch, Bunker and Jovial compound.
* You can call for your sparrow while falling
* There are giant birds in the skies above earth, and giant dragons in the skies of some multiplayer maps
* Cryptarcs highest level is 20 (I know, I have cryptart 20 right now)

I don't know if it's news but it seems the 27th 2pm stress test is now 4 hours long.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

What about that bonus reward? Anyone knows what time will it be for Greece? 9pm GMT?

golfgt170 said:
What about that bonus reward? Anyone knows what time will it be for Greece? 9pm GMT?

It's midnight your time. It's just an emblem to use when the game launches, so nothing very special. But it's a reward, so I appreciate the gesture.

Burek said:
golfgt170 said:

It's midnight your time. It's just an emblem to use when the game launches, so nothing very special. But it's a reward, so I appreciate the gesture.

And where are the surprises that Bungie promised? meh...