By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Yoshida: Uncharted a good candidate for remaster

kljesta64 said:
DerNebel said:
kljesta64 said:
clearly that 50% is BS every sony fanboy bought it by now who obviously had a ps3.

How about no? What's so hard to accept about people that didn't own a PS3 buying a PS4?

nothing hard to except but 50% really ?

That study said 48%. How representative that is, we don't know.

Around the Network
Baalzamon said:
McDonaldsGuy said:
Sony needs to be focusing on NEW games. So far there has been 0 reasons to get a PS4 (and before you say I am a fanboy: I think the same of the Xbox One).

People bash Nintendo for using the same characters over and over again... but at least they waited 10 years to do Wind Waker HD. Come on Sony!

Can people please STOP using the Wind Waker argument? Nintendo IS just as bad.

Nintendo has done the EXACT same thing in their past. Or have you never heard of Super Mario All Stars, released in 1993 on the Super Nintendo, only 3 1/2 years after the final Super Mario game. The only differences were updated graphics, sound, and additional save locations. Jeez, this sounds a LOT like what the Uncharted thing would be.

If we saw a collection with the 3 uncharted games by next year, it would be 3 1/2 - 4 years old. Literally no different than the Super Mario situation, not to mention the first Uncharted game would be 8 years old by then.

Before you just go and say Nintendo doesn't do something that the other companies are doing, you should do a little research.

Super Mario All-Stars included a game never released in the west though...

Baalzamon said:
McDonaldsGuy said:
Sony needs to be focusing on NEW games. So far there has been 0 reasons to get a PS4 (and before you say I am a fanboy: I think the same of the Xbox One).

People bash Nintendo for using the same characters over and over again... but at least they waited 10 years to do Wind Waker HD. Come on Sony!

Nintendo has done the EXACT same thing in their past. Or have you never heard of Super Mario All Stars, released in 1993 on the Super Nintendo, only 3 1/2 years after the final Super Mario game. The only differences were updated graphics, sound, and additional save locations. Jeez, this sounds a LOT like what the Uncharted thing would be.

If we saw a collection with the 3 uncharted games by next year, it would be 3 1/2 - 4 years old. Literally no different than the Super Mario situation, not to mention the first Uncharted game would be 8 years old by then.

Before you just go and say Nintendo doesn't do something that the other companies are doing, you should do a little research.

Super Mario Bros. is different from Uncharted, however...and that was 20 years ago lol.

Not to mention that was just one series... Sony is already remastering Last of Us and Beyond: Two Souls. Remakes aren't all bad, but when they outnumber your original games that's when it gets bad.

Yoshida said:

We don't want to flood the market with remade games either."

Lulz.

Good for the people who switched side, but still waiting for new, creative IPs

Baalzamon said:
McDonaldsGuy said:

and mario world, and the lost levels. and mb3 was allmost impossible to beat because of no savng.(if u wanted to play the most levels)

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
RenCutypoison said:
Yoshida said:

Lulz.

I keep hearing this throughout the thread. Now I ask you, and others running with similar lines, have we not seen new games>>>>> in addition to <<<<< Remastered Editions on the way? Or did E3 and other events not happen?

Not enough new Ips. I also hoped, with the bigger cost of AAA, for a few AA games from the first party studios.

I'm kinda happy with bloodborn though, but I feel like they could do so much if they didn't pursue this fashion of AAAA game (not a typo)

Has Yoshida forgotten that these players will be able to play The Uncharteds on PSNow?

CGI-Quality said:
RenCutypoison said:
Yoshida said:

Lulz.

I keep hearing this throughout the thread. Now I ask you, and others running with similar lines, have we not seen new games>>>>> in addition to <<<<< Remastered Editions on the way? Or did E3 and other events not happen?

They obviously didn't happen. I mean Sony obviously only does remakes and doesn't make new IPs. Nor are new games on the way and in the works. I mean the PS4 is obviously like 3 years old now and not a single new game.

Oh wait right NONE of that is true. I keep hearing all those same arguments and just think to myself wow really? Some people I just do not get, Anyway a complete Uncharted trilogy remake would be AWESOME if you ask me.  

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

It seems, PS4 is in fact PS3 remastered in HD.

CGI-Quality said:
RenCutypoison said:

Not enough new Ips. I also hoped, with the bigger cost of AAA, for a few AA games from the first party studios.

I'm kinda happy with bloodborn though, but I feel like they could do so much if they didn't pursue this fashion of AAAA game (not a typo)

The generation, for the PS4, is 7 months in. Did we not learn lessons when the same things were said of the PS3? The new IPs will be there.

Of course they will, and that's why i love playstation, they support their consoles for a long time. (except vita /jk)

But ps3 did have a bad start, and i hoped it would go better for the ps4. There will also be less exclusives this gen because the cost of games is higher, and i'm fine with multiplat' as long as Sony keeps a good, creative first party offering.

But so many games are coming 2015, and so little for 2014. I guess I'll wait for a pricecut before buying a ps4 as i don't have interest in 2014's offering (except for a new nis games, but ill wait for localization, infamous and resogun)