By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Yoshida: Uncharted a good candidate for remaster

Near 50% of ps4 owners are new now? Confirms sony is just making figures up now. Id take a collection of the 4 uncharted games like the rumor said earlier in the year but theres no way id pay for a remaster of 1

Around the Network

It makes sense. More sense than beyond anyways.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Holy shit, I've been half-joking about the Uncharted Extra-HD Trilogy for months. Don't vindicate my joke, Sony. Uncharted has more than enough HDs as-is.

ANOTHER remaster? lol wow. so glad i didnt buy into the ps4 hype.

Do it, please!!!!!

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
RenCutypoison said:
Yoshida said:

We don't want to flood the market with remade games either."

Lulz.

Good for the people who switched side, but still waiting for new, creative IPs

I keep hearing this throughout the thread. Now I ask you, and others running with similar lines, have we not seen new games>>>>> in addition to <<<<< Remastered Editions on the way? Or did E3 and other events not happen?

honestly, LBP3 might as well have just been a remake of LBP 1 and 2. 

McDonaldsGuy said:
Baalzamon said:
McDonaldsGuy said:
Sony needs to be focusing on NEW games. So far there has been 0 reasons to get a PS4 (and before you say I am a fanboy: I think the same of the Xbox One).

People bash Nintendo for using the same characters over and over again... but at least they waited 10 years to do Wind Waker HD. Come on Sony!

Can people please STOP using the Wind Waker argument? Nintendo IS just as bad.

Nintendo has done the EXACT same thing in their past. Or have you never heard of Super Mario All Stars, released in 1993 on the Super Nintendo, only 3 1/2 years after the final Super Mario game. The only differences were updated graphics, sound, and additional save locations. Jeez, this sounds a LOT like what the Uncharted thing would be.

If we saw a collection with the 3 uncharted games by next year, it would be 3 1/2 - 4 years old. Literally no different than the Super Mario situation, not to mention the first Uncharted game would be 8 years old by then.

Before you just go and say Nintendo doesn't do something that the other companies are doing, you should do a little research.

Super Mario Bros. is different from Uncharted, however...and that was 20 years ago lol.

Not to mention that was just one series... Sony is already remastering Last of Us and Beyond: Two Souls. Remakes aren't all bad, but when they outnumber your original games that's when it gets bad.

• Metroid Prime 1 GC -> Metroid Prime 1 Wii
  • Metroid Prime 2 GC -> Metroid Prime 2 Wii
  • Pikmin 1 GC -> Pikmin 1 Wii
  • Pikmin 2 GC -> Pikmin 2 Wii
  • Mario Power Tennis GC -> Mario Power Tennis Wii
  • Donkey Kong Jungle Beat GC -> Donkey Kong Jungle Beat Wii
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns Wii -> Donkey Kong Country Returns 3DS

Conina said:
McDonaldsGuy said:

Super Mario Bros. is different from Uncharted, however...and that was 20 years ago lol.

Not to mention that was just one series... Sony is already remastering Last of Us and Beyond: Two Souls. Remakes aren't all bad, but when they outnumber your original games that's when it gets bad.

• Metroid Prime 1 GC -> Metroid Prime 1 Wii
  • Metroid Prime 2 GC -> Metroid Prime 2 Wii
  • Pikmin 1 GC -> Pikmin 1 Wii
  • Pikmin 2 GC -> Pikmin 2 Wii
  • Mario Power Tennis GC -> Mario Power Tennis Wii
  • Donkey Kong Jungle Beat GC -> Donkey Kong Jungle Beat Wii
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns Wii -> Donkey Kong Country Returns 3DS

nobody has been as bad as sony with the remasters. dont even try to make it sound like nintendo is even close. they did metroid prime trilogy because mp3 worked so well with motion controls, so they wanted to offer all metroids with motion controls. and all those other games you mentioned were part of the new play control series, which is taking GC games that could benefit from motion controls and remaking them. that is worlds apart from what sony is focusing on because what nintendo did had to do with how you play the games. those games NEVER would have got remade if the wii didnt have motion control controllers. that is a huge point right there. 

also, the DKC returns for 3DS was indeed a needless port. 

CGI-Quality said:
RubberWhistleHistle said:
CGI-Quality said:

I keep hearing this throughout the thread. Now I ask you, and others running with similar lines, have we not seen new games>>>>> in addition to <<<<< Remastered Editions on the way? Or did E3 and other events not happen?

honestly, LBP3 might as well have just been a remake of LBP 1 and 2. 

Not sure where you're going with that one. If it's to insinuate that it's no different than the others - I don't know how you can make that judgment call.

im making that call only based off what they showed on e3. it was very underwhelming. i played the shit out of LBP1 and i really didnt see anyting inventive and new in LBP3. at least at the e3 showing. sackboys with down syndrome doesnt count.

CGI-Quality said:
RenCutypoison said:

Of course they will, and that's why i love playstation, they support their consoles for a long time. (except vita /jk)

But ps3 did have a bad start, and i hoped it would go better for the ps4. There will also be less exclusives this gen because the cost of games is higher, and i'm fine with multiplat' as long as Sony keeps a good, creative first party offering.

But so many games are coming 2015, and so little for 2014. I guess I'll wait for a pricecut before buying a ps4 as i don't have interest in 2014's offering (except for a new nis games, but ill wait for localization, infamous and resogun)

No. PS3 started just like most PlayStation consoles do, in regards to games. In fact, the PS1 is the only one with a strong launch line-up, and even that is questionable. In my eyes, the PS4 had a fairly decent launch, with a combo of Indie + release titles.

Still doesn't negate that it's rididculous to expect the world in the first 7 months.

Not the first 7 months, the first 12 months.

Ps2 had jak and daxter, ridge racer, rayman, wipeout, gran turismo, dark cloud and crash bandicoot in the first year

Of course it's not sony's fault, the industry works that way now, I'm just disappointed.