By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DriveClub vs Forza Horizon 2: Which One Looks Better?

Driveclub, but it's not an open world racing game like Horizon 2.....

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

DC looks better, but FH2 looks pretty damn good for an open world game.

true_fan said:
All that needs to be said is what's below, I'll accept slightly less rain effects for for of the following.

FH2=Open World
Dc=track based

FH2=1000 member clubs
DC=7-10 member clubs

FH2=Weather Cycle, Dynamic Lighting, Day/Night Cycle all avaiable at laun
DC=Weather and day/night cycle will be patched in post launch (you can only select day or night at launch)

FH2=200+ cars
DC=50 cars

FH2=Fully Customizable
DC=Can only change car color with no other customization

Fh2=Seamless Singleplay/Multiplayer
DC=Have to go to the main menu and select multiplayer

FH2=Play meets where car templates can be shared and downloaded
DC=millions of trees

you forget

DC: dynamic gobal ilumination

FH: baked lighting

DC: snow

FH: NOPE

DC: FLAMINGOS

FH:NAH

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

One looks very pretty and the other looks like real life (based on these gifs)

also i agree with the Driveclub > GT7 discussion, i dont think its physically possible graphically for a 60fps racer to look better then a 30fps one

I'm gonna say Drive Club. I've not seen a racer look that good... Ever! Last night was my first time playing a game in 1080p and I did so on my 26 PC monitor. I usually play games on my 55" 3D TV but it's only 720p. I actually want to stick to the 26" monitor now because of how beautiful it looks. Especially a game like Infamous.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Around the Network
FATALITY said:
true_fan said:
All that needs to be said is what's below, I'll accept slightly less rain effects for for of the following.

FH2=Open World
Dc=track based

FH2=1000 member clubs
DC=7-10 member clubs

DC=Weather and day/night cycle will be patched in post launch (you can only select day or night at launch)

FH2=200+ cars
DC=50 cars

FH2=Fully Customizable

DC=millions of trees

you forget

Flamingo, Really? That is when I know you are reaching, I could have put hay bales, rainbows, destructuble fences, and sheds on there too if we are really reaching that far. PS FH2 is post rain, hence why the sun is coming out. A better compairson would be to compare raining vs raining.

true_fan said:

FH2=Open World
Dc=track based

FH2=1000 member clubs
DC=7-10 member clubs

FH2=200+ cars
DC=50 cars

FH2=Fully Customizable

DC=millions of trees

FH2=Car damage is aesthetic and actually affects the car

DC=Car damage is aesthetic only

As much as I am a PS4 fan I'd take all those things over nice rain effects. What I want is a new Midnight Club that looks like Drive Club lol.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

MoHasanie said:

DriveClub and Forza Horizon 2 are two notable exclusives on the rival platforms. Forza Horizon 2 is exclusive to the Xbox while DriveClub is exclusive to the PlayStation 4. Both of these games look great but in term of realism, which one takes the crown home?

We recently saw weather system for DriveClub, which introduced us to rain in DriveClub and how it will look like in game. This looked seriously impressive and highly realistic, the way the rain drops reacted to the fast moving car. Forza Horizon 2, despite being an impressive looking game, lacks the same effect, and it does make a huge difference as can be seen in the GIF below.

Forza Horizon 2

DriveClub

http://gearnuke.com/driveclub-vs-forza-horizon-2-raindrops-comparison-one-realistic/

Also note how Forza horizon has that cartoony look

- Forza Horizon 2: The road and car are all realy wet, evenly across, yet the world around them seem rather dry (there is no smog, the trees look like they have been under the sun for hours, houses and mountains look equally dry).

Driveclub: Water is dripping on the hood of the car, you can see there water accumulate on the roat (not evenly wet) you can almost feel the humidity level in the atmosphere! all lighting is affected by this effect.

Drivelub's presentation is much more poslished than Forza:Horizon's, no matter what someone may think excuses FH, it is not equal to DC in therms of looks.

FATALITY said:

you forget

Forza doesn't even have sprinklers! This is a must for next gen racers

Driveclub by 2 miles.