By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DriveClub vs Forza Horizon 2: Which One Looks Better?

true_fan said:

All that needs to be said is what's below, I'll accept slightly less rain effects for for of the following.

FH2=Open World
Dc=track based

FH2=1000 member clubs
DC=7-10 member clubs

FH2=Weather Cycle, Dynamic Lighting, Day/Night Cycle all avaiable at laun
DC=Weather and day/night cycle will be patched in post launch (you can only select day or night at launch)

FH2=200+ cars
DC=50 cars

FH2=Fully Customizable
DC=Can only change car color with no other customization

Fh2=Seamless Singleplay/Multiplayer
DC=Have to go to the main menu and select multiplayer

FH2=Play meets where car templates can be shared and downloaded
DC=millions of trees

FH2=Car damage is aesthetic and actually affects the car

DC=Car damage is aesthetic only

Let me help you out a little.

DriveClub vs Forza Horizon 2: Which One Looks Better?

Around the Network
true_fan said:
FATALITY said:
true_fan said:
All that needs to be said is what's below, I'll accept slightly less rain effects for for of the following.

FH2=Open World
Dc=track based

FH2=1000 member clubs
DC=7-10 member clubs

FH2=Weather Cycle, Dynamic Lighting, Day/Night Cycle all avaiable at laun
DC=Weather and day/night cycle will be patched in post launch (you can only select day or night at launch)

FH2=200+ cars
DC=50 cars

FH2=Fully Customizable
DC=Can only change car color with no other customization

Fh2=Seamless Singleplay/Multiplayer
DC=Have to go to the main menu and select multiplayer

FH2=Play meets where car templates can be shared and downloaded
DC=millions of trees

you forget

DC: dynamic gobal ilumination

FH: baked lighting

DC: snow

FH: NOPE

DC: FLAMINGOS

FH:NAH

Flamingo, Really? That is when I know you are reaching, I could have put hay bales, rainbows, destructuble fences, and sheds on there too if we are really reaching that far. PS FH2 is post rain, hence why the sun is coming out. A better compairson would be to compare raining vs raining.

i already post a video showing the rain in fh2, and GT5 and 6 looks better.

fh2

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Driveclub is probably the best looking game I have ever seen. The previous best in things like the Crysis series turned out to be more style over substance. My big TV with sound turned up is demanding this. I bet it is the game a few of my friends who haven't gone current gen yet, see running and pick up a bundle there and then.

Why is this even a question.  DC should look better its a circut racer the other is a open world racer.  So DC should look better

Azerth said:

Why is this even a question.  DC should look better its a circut racer the other is a open world racer.  So DC should look better

yeah we should compare the crew vs FH2

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Around the Network

Not going to bother comparing racers until they are actually out and playable, especially since this is probably the most bullshot loaded genre in gaming.

That said, when its all said and done, it would be a big shame if Driveclub does not look better, what with the open world versus linear design, and all the delays.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Not going to bother comparing racers until they are actually out and playable, especially since this is probably the most bullshot loaded genre in gaming.

That said, when its all said and done, it would be a big shame if Driveclub does not look better, what with the open world versus linear design, and all the delays.

and lets not forget its on more powerful console.

FATALITY said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

it is, but that's not relevant at all. Knack doesn't look great and it's a PS4 exclusive.

People quick to make excuses for FH2 but were still comparing Ryse to KillZone and Infamous,even though both are by far more open than Ryse.The OP asked which weather effects looks good,not reasons why they don't.DC looks good all over by miles track racer or not.Forza looks too cartoony open world or not.

LudicrousSpeed said:
FATALITY said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

it is, but that's not relevant at all. Knack doesn't look great and it's a PS4 exclusive.

what? knack is a very beatiful game.

the only problem is it sucks