By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DriveClub vs Forza Horizon 2: Which One Looks Better?

fps_d0minat0r said:
MoHasanie said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
Where is the FH gameplay from?

From here: 

http://gearnuke.com/driveclub-vs-forza-horizon-2-raindrops-comparison-one-realistic/

Here's another Forza one: 

I mean the original video from which the gif was made from.

those comments lol

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Around the Network

You given credence to an article that has chosen to take two uneven gifs from a linear track-based game and an open-world game and pretend its worthy of a thread.

What do you expect as a result?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
You given credence to an article that has chosen to take two uneven gifs from a linear track-based game and an open-world game and pretend its worthy of a thread.

Both gifs are the best of what we've seen of both games so far IMO. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

starcraft said:

What's wrong with the gifs? Both show off each game in its best possible light. Both are also taken from the same view and with similar conditions. 

Given DC's ridiculous render distance and FH2 being open world, its one of the fairest exclusive comparisons we've had since launch :p

Is it even raining in the Forza gif? Seems like the Forza gif is after a rain has ended. When comparing the rain of the games, shouldn't you at least make a gif with rain? Idk.

Around the Network

driveclub BY A LANDSLIDE!
you go drive!

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

true_fan said:

All that needs to be said is what's below, I'll accept slightly less rain effects for for of the following.

FH2 = Open World
DC = 55 tracks

FH2 = Race in southern Europe
DC = Race in Canada, Chili, India, Norway, Scotland

FH2=1000 member clubs
DC=7-10 member clubs

FH2=Weather Cycle, Dynamic Lighting, Day/Night Cycle all avaiable at laun
DC=Weather and day/night cycle will be patched in post launch (you can only select day or night at launch)

FH2=200+ cars
DC=50 cars

FH2=Fully Customizable
DC=Can only change car color with no other customization

Fh2=Seamless Singleplay/Multiplayer
DC=Have to go to the main menu and select multiplayer

FH2=Play meets where car templates can be shared and downloaded
DC=millions of trees

FH2=Car damage is aesthetic and actually affects the car

DC=Car damage is aesthetic only

I accept less cars and no car tuning for variety in tracks. Fixed tracks also work better for racing, better optimized for traffic flow, easier to learn. No confusion having to check the map along the way or trying to trick you by going a slighly different way in the next ribbon.

And driveclub has the aurora borealis visible from the northern tracks!

Btw since when does DC not have full day/night cycle at launch anymore? They only change I know of is that it is no longer real-time locked to your system time. You can speed up the time as you like.

Drive club looks much better but that's to be expected, Forza is an open world game.

true_fan said:

All that needs to be said is what's below, I'll accept slightly less rain effects for for of the following.

FH2=Open World
Dc=track based

FH2=1000 member clubs
DC=7-10 member clubs

FH2=Weather Cycle, Dynamic Lighting, Day/Night Cycle all avaiable at laun
DC=Weather and day/night cycle will be patched in post launch (you can only select day or night at launch)

FH2=200+ cars
DC=50 cars

FH2=Fully Customizable
DC=Can only change car color with no other customization

Fh2=Seamless Singleplay/Multiplayer
DC=Have to go to the main menu and select multiplayer

FH2=Play meets where car templates can be shared and downloaded
DC=millions of trees

FH2=Car damage is aesthetic and actually affects the car

DC=Car damage is aesthetic only

Are the bold true? If so LOL. That's terrible.

Zekkyou said:
starcraft said:

What's wrong with the gifs? Both show off each game in its best possible light. Both are also taken from the same view and with similar conditions. 

Given DC's ridiculous render distance and FH2 being open world, its one of the fairest exclusive comparisons we've had since launch :p

Static draw distance is not even approximately equivelant to accessable gameplay areas from a processing stand point... this really is an appalling comparison. Unless your purpose is to draw sweeping comparisons about console strength based on flawed assumptions.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS