By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DriveClub vs Forza Horizon 2: Which One Looks Better?

drive club =Germany

forza h2=brazil

FrontlineJaguar 43 minutes ago

driveclub looks better in terms of weather effects specially on cars but car models look a bit better in forza h2. But don't forget forza horizon 2 is open world
i thought dc biggest advantage over forza h2 was car models,forzas cars look like they're made out of plastic and vinyl

Around the Network
starcraft said:
Zekkyou said:

What's wrong with the gifs? Both show off each game in its best possible light. Both are also taken from the same view and with similar conditions. 

Given DC's ridiculous render distance and FH2 being open world, its one of the fairest exclusive comparisons we've had since launch :p

Static draw distance is not even approximately equivelant to accessable gameplay areas from a processing stand point... this really is an appalling comparison. Unless your purpose is to draw sweeping comparisons about console strength based on flawed assumptions.

*sigh* right, let me explain this simply (for the 4th time this month ;_;)

Let's use Ryse and Infamous as examples. According to the open world vs linear narrative, Ryse must surely beat out infamous in every respect, no? It does after all only need to render small enclosed areas. There is no way infamous could have better lighting, more advanced particle and physics engines and higher poly characters. That would contradict the circle jerk.

Yet it does. Why? Because infamous being open world is mostly irrelevant. People would be correct in saying that open world games are forced to simplify certain things (such a local geometry, which looks better in Ryse), but those resources don't simply disappear. They can be applied to different things. Likewise, linear games generally have no need for a medium range LOD, which allows them to utilized a HLOD view (which Ryse also does, and very well).

All in all, despite the opposite world designs i consider Ryse and Infamous graphical equals. They are both limited in some respects by their design, but likewise both have advantages because of it.

If the only major reason people can give for an open world game looking almost universally worse than a linear game is its "accessible render distance" then said game is not pushing the hardware enough or the developer lacks the man power to achieve the same results as their competition. It's as simple as that.

DC's render distance is worthy of praise because it is on a very short list of games that utilize a full world render despite it generally being an area linear games can't properly utilize in conjunction with HLOD local geometry (Crysis 3 definitely did it best, but as far as consoles go DC is the best example).

If you still don't understand its relevance after reading this, then we shall simply have to agree to disagree. I can't be bothered with a full argument

Forza Horizon is a great looking game. However, I think Drive Club edges it out in the visuals department.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

DriveClub, it's not even close.

Can't believe how much it improved since the Gamescom 2013 build. It looked pretty unspectacular.

great realistic games graphic vs great video game games graphic...

Around the Network

Drive Club, not knocking FH2 seeing as it is open world, but it's not even debatable. Just look at the how the beads of water on hood are stationary on FH2.

Why are people hiding behind the "but Forza is open world" argument?

Its mostly irrelevant here imo.

You do realize that the whole world map isn't kept in memory all the time in FH2 right? Same concept applies to Infamous SS.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Driveclub, but Forza is open world, so people shouldn't expect it to look better than Driveclub.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

LudicrousSpeed said:
true_fan said:

All that needs to be said is what's below, I'll accept slightly less rain effects for for of the following.

FH2=Open World
Dc=track based

FH2=1000 member clubs
DC=7-10 member clubs

FH2=Weather Cycle, Dynamic Lighting, Day/Night Cycle all avaiable at laun
DC=Weather and day/night cycle will be patched in post launch (you can only select day or night at launch)

FH2=200+ cars
DC=50 cars

FH2=Fully Customizable
DC=Can only change car color with no other customization

Fh2=Seamless Singleplay/Multiplayer
DC=Have to go to the main menu and select multiplayer

FH2=Play meets where car templates can be shared and downloaded
DC=millions of trees

FH2=Car damage is aesthetic and actually affects the car

DC=Car damage is aesthetic only

Are the bold true? If so LOL. That's terrible.

It isn't he has no idea the game is not even out, he's trolling.

nicktwilight said:

When one is probably gonna be a mess,with clunky controls,lack of content and soulless as it can be then I don't think that it can be compared to the only racing series that managed to retain such high quality the entire gen.It's not even worth a comparison for those that have play even one forza game.Maybe the one's comparing are those that keep on living in the ps2 days of gran turismo 6.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

?? Why? Evolution are a veteran studio. IGN and every other site that has previewed drive club has praised how good the game is shaping up, GAMEPLAY wise. You're reaching.