Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Most Underrated Nintendo Console

Most underappreciated

Nintendo Eentertainment System 12 1.95%

Super Nintendo Eentertainment System 14 2.27%

Nintendo 64 82 13.31%

GameCube 414 67.21%

Wii 91 14.77%

Total:613

The Wii, it had so many hidden gems that alot of people didn't realize existed because retailers were more concerned about stocking the shovelware while all the good games for the Wii are crammed in the back corner of the store.

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:

If it's any Nintendo console that's underrated it's the WII ... I don't understand the hate for a good console. 

NES got the credits it deserved, SNES was a little overrated, N64 and GC were trash because they didn't come close to delivering a worthwhile experience.

I almost agreed with an entire post of yours! But yeah, the Wii has plenty of worthy games for serious gamers that never require you to wiggle. I hate it when people act like every game makes you shake, rattle and roll.

AfricanSanta said:
The Wii, it had so many hidden gems that alot of people didn't realize existed because retailers were more concerned about stocking the shovelware while all the good games for the Wii are crammed in the back corner of the store.

Amen. Anyone willing to do five minutes of research knows the Wii was like treasure island.

burninmylight said:

I almost agreed with an entire post of yours! But yeah, the Wii has plenty of worthy games for serious gamers that never require you to wiggle. I hate it when people act like every game makes you shake, rattle and roll.

Hey, the SNES was just a little overrated but just a little and you have to give it that despite the fact that was my favourite for 4th generation ...

I don't remember N64 and GC being any good at all seeing as how there were only 5 good games I liked that worth owning the consoles for ... Both of them got straight up overshadowed by the better options known as PS1 and PS2.

None of them are underrated

NES + SNES are praised for bringing gaming back
N64 has a core following that it deserves but I don't think it's underrated
GC gets a lot of hate minus a few fans but it deserves it
Wii has a mixed view and it honestly was a mixed console

They all deserve what they get IMO.

However, the thread is most underrated and isn't asking if any are. So the most underrated is the N64 just cause.

Around the Network

Wii U... and 2 GameCube.

It's close, but I'd say between Wii and Gamecube. NES is hailed as the savior of the industry, and rightly so, as it was. So not underrated at all. SNES is remembered fondly by many and brought us a golden era of RPGs, as well as the beginning of Rare's beautiful reign at the right hand of Nintendo. N64 has a rabid fanbase despite its somewhat lackluster sales, is home to Ocarina of Time, what many claim to be the greatest game ever, and got Rare's games from the height of its glory. Gamecube has a rabid fanbase too, and is remembered by many nowadays as the console that deserved more than it got, and it got a lot. Prime, Sunshine, Melee, Double Dash, Wind Waker, Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, Eternal Darkness, the list goes on and on. Sales wise the Gamecube deserved at the very least 5 times the sales, and I'll never understand why the graphically superior, cheaper console did worst. It comes close, but I think the Wii competes because ultimately, everyone KNOWS the Gamecube deserved more sales, and it gets a lot of respect. The Wii just gets hate nowadays. Sure, it won the generation in sales, but it's already forgotten by casuals, and gets hate from non-casuals from Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft alike. It got the sales, but now it's seen as a fad and nothing more, while I believe it was genuinely great.

Definitely NOT Gamecube. It is almost universally praised among all my gaming friends and no one has much bad to say about it. Maybe in its time it was hated (mostly ignored I think) but it gets so much praise especially for its controller that anyone who calls it underrated apparently thinks it's the second coming.

I would say Wii because it's drawn the most ire from gamers for being the "Wii sports" machine despite some excellent (though I think sometimes overrated) software. It matches the 360 catalogue imo and doesn't draw nearly as much praise.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

GameCube. It had amazing games yet sold very little. On a sidenote, i don't care what others say, Star Fox Assault was a great game.

I'd say it's a mix up between Gamecube and Wii.

Gamecube isn't noted enough for some of its great 3rd party games. Wii's casual focus has ruined its reputation, despite having some great games.