By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Series Elimination Game - Results Are In!

SWORDF1SH said:
KLXVER said:

Is that why the PS2 took first place in the  "best console of all time" one we did and the Sega Genesis came in second?

Good point, btw I wasn't having a go at Nintendo fans by saying the outnumber the rest. I notice that there are more Ninty fans on here but I find them by far the best fans to talk with out of the 3 major console fans.

It's alright, I'm sure no one took offense. I think the main reason we were so vocal this round was because the Genesis beat the SNES in that last one.

Around the Network
HylianSwordsman said:
Michael-5 said:

I only ever beat XenoBlade and Last Story for Wii ;-(. I don't know why I have been so lazy with my Wii, maybe because I bought it late (2009). Only played Metroid Prime 3 and Other M for a couple hours each, Other M was definately a step down, but I haven't had the chance to play it like you.

I have a lot on my TDL, but luckily the only 8th gen consoles I own right now are WiiU/3DS and I don't plan to get anything else for a while. This will give me time to beat 2x Zelda/Mario/Metroid + Pandora's Tower & Fire Emblem on the Wii.

I haven't beaten that many games for it either. I have Pandora's Tower, Last Story, and Xenoblade Chronicles, yet I've beaten none of them completely. Shame on me...

That's awesome!

lol, well now that there is a pause in AAA games because of the transition into 8th gen, I have some spare time for older games. Wii isn't old, but Wii, Saturn, PS1......hehe

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

KLXVER said:
SWORDF1SH said:

What this really shows is what company has the most fans on vgc. Sounds about right, Nintendo in first, Sony in second and MS in third. Nintendo fans are by far the most vocal majority on this site.

Is that why the PS2 took first place in the  "best console of all time" one we did and the Sega Genesis came in second?

Well shit man, can you think of a better console than the almighty PS2, master of gaming diversity?

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

SWORDF1SH said:

The Results

• #20: Call Of Duty
  • #19: Fable
  • #18: Gears Of War
  • #17: Forza
  • #16: Alan Wake
  • #15: Halo
  • #14: LittleBigPlanet 
  • #13: Uncharted
  • #12: Grand Theft Auto
  • #11: Gran Turismo
  • #10: InFamous
  • #9: God Of War
  • #8: Resident Evil
  • #7: Fallout
  • #6: Super Smash Bros.
  • #5: Pokemon
  • #4: Metal Gear Solid
  • #3: Super Mario
  • #2: Metroid
  • Winner: The Legend Of Zelda (With over 110 points remaining)

What this really shows is what company has the most fans on vgc. Sounds about right, Nintendo in first, Sony in second and MS in third. Nintendo fans are by far the most vocal majority on this site.

-Nintendo is consistant, every year there is always a new "big" Nintendo game to be hyped for.
-Microsoft is patchy, 360 was amazing 2005-2009, then when Kinect came the core gamers were ignored, and now the XB1 is making a shaky return to quality.
-PS is a middle ground, they make good games consistantly, but pre 2006 they relied on 3rd party exclusives and didn't make anywhere nearly as much of their own stuff. In time the PS fanbase will grow (if Sony can keep 1 franchise around for more then 10 years that isn't GT).

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Areym said:
KLXVER said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Well shit man, can you think of a better console than the almighty PS2, master of gaming diversity?

IMHO the snes just barely, barely beats it. But I'm fine with either one winning. I just don't like the genesis beating the snes.

Around the Network
*Sound Of Rain said:

You can promote a certain game all you want in the elimination thread itself. Posting on walls and other threads about the game is a bit excessive to me. If the people aren't bothering to enter the thread to vote themselves, and are only voting because of a wall post, that's not exactly fair...

Ah, I misinterpreted. I wasn't aware that was going on. Yeah, rallying people with wall posts is also a bit much.

Areym said:

The SNES just barely passes the PS2 in terms of awesomeness for me..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---