By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Series Elimination Game - Results Are In!

*Sound Of Rain said:
VanceIX said:
Next time lets include Elder Scrolls though, bigger than Resident Evil at this point imo.

This has also been requested by multiple people.

I'll include it if there's a next time.

Thanks! Excellent idea, btw, it was fun!

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:

Major props to Sound of Rain for all his hard work!!

Thanks you! :)

What about including fire emblem ?

BlackyCat said:
What about including fire emblem ?

I just took the top series from the previous voting games and put them together. If I do another series game, they will all be different.

I can totally add Fire Emblem :)

*Sound Of Rain said:

I can't friend request you without a name?

You can't?  That's weird - others have done it.  If you want, I can try and friend request you (never done it before ).

*Sound Of Rain said:

Yes, you will need more posts and a picture to play the next game. You have been very helpful so I'd love to make an exception for you but it'd just piss people off. Ha! I'm sorry.

No problem.  Glad to hear I've been of some help.  I'd better finish work on that profile pic some time.

*Sound Of Rain said:

Any suggestions are welcome but my next game might be the user one depending on if I get mod approval or not. They said they will get back to me later tonight.

Well, I don't know if I could really contribute to one on the users here anyway.  Like I said before, I don't honestly know anyone that well.

As for suggestions regarding games/series, I can offer a few to start things off...

Tekken

Dead or Alive

Tomb Raider

Crash Bandicoot

Syphon Filter

Splinter Cell

Silent Hill

Star Wars: Jedi Knight/Jedi Academy

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - Note: That's Knights of the Old Republic (KotOR), the old RPG, not to be confused with The Old Republic (TOR), the more recent MMO

super_etecoon said:

Major props to Sound of Rain for all his hard work!!

Seconded!  Your games are greatly appreciated, Rain!

ColdFire - The man with no name.

Around the Network

You're all a bunch of monssttteerrrrsssss

MTZehvor said:
You're all a bunch of monssttteerrrrsssss

Hmmmm, I see what you did there... again... ... ... ... ... I think.

If that was an intentional RE reference, nicely played!

ColdFire - The man with no name.

HylianSwordsman said:
Michael-5 said:

Starfox Adventures was an awesome game!

and even at Metroid Standards there really isn't a bad game. Other M isn't special, but it was still worthwhile. It's not 9+/10 like the other Metroids, but it's still a solid 8/10.

Meh, 7/10. Metroidvanias need to be thoroughly tested so that no matter what you do, no matter where you go, you never get yourself stuck, even if you get things before you're supposed to, and you can always backtrack to get stuff you missed. It really shows with Super Metroid and the Prime games. People have glitch through walls in Prime to get things out of order and the game still doesn't break the game. In Super Metroid, you can literally infinitely bomb jump anywhere you want from the beginning of the game, and it still doesn't break the game. The developers thought of EVERYTHING. It's ridiculous, unnatural even, how well thought out those games are. With Other M, the developers got lazy. Player might get something before he's supposed to? Let's have Adam lock the door. What's that? Adam's dead? Whatever, it's locked anyway, just because the player should be used to that by now. To me, this kind of thing was unforgivable. Not the Adam thing, but the locking the door to get around designing a proper Metroidvania. I shouldn't have to beat the final boss and come back for a secret final boss just to collect stuff I missed. And I DEFINITELY shouldn't have to kill the secret final boss just to get the last missile because I didn't get it earlier and the developers locked the only other door to it. Such lazy design. I could go on and on. The core gameplay was good though, and it brought some kickass action to the series, so it's definitely worth something.

I only ever beat XenoBlade and Last Story for Wii ;-(. I don't know why I have been so lazy with my Wii, maybe because I bought it late (2009). Only played Metroid Prime 3 and Other M for a couple hours each, Other M was definately a step down, but I haven't had the chance to play it like you.

I have a lot on my TDL, but luckily the only 8th gen consoles I own right now are WiiU/3DS and I don't plan to get anything else for a while. This will give me time to beat 2x Zelda/Mario/Metroid + Pandora's Tower & Fire Emblem on the Wii.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

sundin13 said:
Michael-5 said:

IMO X/Y was on par with Ruby/Sapphire. It's not a bad game, but you're mostly buying it for the new graphics engine.

It's funny how you list Fairy Type making Pokemon better, and I agree. What's the only other Pokemon game to introduce a new type now? At least in Gold/Silver the new type isn't so domineering (Fairy types are mega useful now), this is why I feel older games were better almost no Steel/Dark types were mega useful in Gold/Silver.

Also ......you're taste in Pokemon is terrible IMO. Compare Greninja to Blastoise or Feraligator (or even Gyrados/Lapras). It's just a huge letdown, Greninja is like a weird fighting Lickatung. Aegislash was cool, but I still prefer a more traditional Gengar (and not Mega-looks terrible), and while stuff like Tyrantrum were cool, they aren't original. Tryantrum is not that different from Tyranitar, they are both super strong T-Rex like Pokemon with a huge list of weaknesses.....the last cool Pokemon I can think of was Rayquaza and I believe that's based off a myth (aka better thought out).

This is why I like the first 2 gen pokemon the most. A lot of new Pokemon are based off silly concepts (X,Y, and Z shapes? a Keychain? some Gears in gen 5?). I feel that all of the original Pokemon were based off real animals/myths or were in general better thought out. IMO Dragonite and Mewtwo are the 2 best looking and well thought out Pokemon, but I'm also fond of Charizard, Blastoise and yes Pikachu. I just don't see as many unique Pokemon now, and a lot of Pokemon are just copy and pastes of older ones (like Rockenrola/Boldore/Gigalith).

I think Nintendo should accept public submissions and have a staff pick out the best for at least half of the new Pokemon.

A lot of the Pokemon I like because they are just interesting to use. While I do like Greninja and Aegislash's designs, they are also really fun to use. Greninja's Protean ability is really interesting to use and puts a new spin on battles and same with Aegislash's stance change ability. It mixes up the standard fighting patterns. The reason I liked Hawlucha is because I played him differently than any other Bird pokemon before...

(No need to call my tastes terrible ;-; haha)

I tend to judge Pokemon gen's by the standouts, not the more boring Pokemon and X/Y had a good number of standouts that I really loved. Every gen has some junk in it (even 1st), but its the good Pokemon that really set the gens apart.

I'm sure you know, but Fairy was implemented to nerf Dragon which has always been OP and while I don't know a ton about competitive Pokemon, I don't think the Fairy type itself is unbalanced.

Hawlucha has too many weaknesses to be practical. The only flying types which I ever really liked are all 1st gen (which supports my reasoning for thinking the first 2 gens were the best). Zapdos, Dragonite and Gyardos are hte only flyer's I'll use, but Charizard, Ho-oh and Lugia aren't bad. Salamance (or whatever the 3rd form is called) is pretty cool too, but after gen 3 IMO the series fell apart, got too stuck into repetition.

Fairly kills Dragon, but it also kills Psychic and Dark too. Big issue with Fairy is that it's only weak to Poison and Steel, which isn't bad on it's own, but there are almost no good Poison/Steel type moves. Well at least stuff like Sludge Bomb aren't teachable to most Pokemon.....that's the big issue with Fairy type. I'm not competetive either, but it's kinda an ace in the hole. Right now there are no amazing Fairy types, but they've made legendary dragon types in the past, it's only a matter of time before a super-Fairy type releases.

P.S. Genesect was amazing in Black. Not the best type, but a really cool looking guy.

-----

OP....WOW MEtroid managed to hang on. It almost ranked 13th when it was 1 vote away from death and ended up 2nd

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:

I only ever beat XenoBlade and Last Story for Wii ;-(. I don't know why I have been so lazy with my Wii, maybe because I bought it late (2009). Only played Metroid Prime 3 and Other M for a couple hours each, Other M was definately a step down, but I haven't had the chance to play it like you.

I have a lot on my TDL, but luckily the only 8th gen consoles I own right now are WiiU/3DS and I don't plan to get anything else for a while. This will give me time to beat 2x Zelda/Mario/Metroid + Pandora's Tower & Fire Emblem on the Wii.

I haven't beaten that many games for it either. I have Pandora's Tower, Last Story, and Xenoblade Chronicles, yet I've beaten none of them completely. Shame on me...