By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can we agree that PS4 graphics are in another level!

Wright said:
Areaz32 said:

already 150 bucks more than 400

But can't go wrong with Battlefield 4 on Ultra with AA, and free internet ;)

EDIT: did you just post a twitter of John Carmack as if it was solid proof?

Not as solid proof but as a voucher for my arguement. John Carmack is one of the most respected people in the gaming industry and if he says it theres a chance it would be easier for you to understand. GPGPU computation is also something that ps4 is going to be pushing which is not really heard of on pc's yet(atleast in releases).  Generally the optimization possibilities on ps4 are way beyond anything on pc. The graphics card you linked even has 10% less stream processors than the ps4 in addition to all the other pieces of spec that was just downright not as good. Battlefield 4 on ultra with AA is also on ps4 free internet sure thats a horrible thing that the ps4 shouldnt have to deal with. but then again free to play games are still free and you can still download demos and apps without having to pay for ps+. I agree it is not a good thing you need ps+ though. Regardless that pc is way underpowered compared to the ps4. I would only say the cpu is in the right area vs the ps4... and cpu is not as important in gaming anymore.

Around the Network
TheBlackNaruto said:

Wait MGS 4 was considered one of the best looking games period at launch. I remember the praisei t got clear as day so I have no clue what you are trying to get at with that one.

God of War 3 was without one of if not the most impressive looking game when it came out. Very technically impressive and THE best character model to date. And there are lots of games with a fixed camera that don't look anywhere near as good as it does so why bring that part up?

Heavy rain and Beyond Two sould were games even if you felt they were tech demos. And pretty interesting games at that. lastly EVERY game can look bad in certain areas.

Nothing against your posts I just didn't agree with a few things. But I know they are your opinions so no big deal good sir! 

I remember a lot of hype about MGS4's visuals, but was still underwhelming. Sony fans wanted something to boast about and they chose MGS4. Bastos said it was released in 2007, but it actually released in 2008. It doesn't look better than games like Gears of War or Bioshock. Also, MGS4 looked most impressive during cutscenes.

By 2010, God of War 3's graphics just seemed kinda standard. Its the art design that was exceptional. Halo Reach was a very nice looking game released in 2010 people seem to forget. It didn't use a fixed camera either.

I feel boasting about Beyond and Heavy Rain is like boasting about a tech demo. Those graphics look impressive because they're focusing on little. However, those games start looking unimpressive in larger areas you can explore. There are some areas where the character models look poor because they're focusing on the background as well.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

sc94597 said:

Why don't we add the cost of PS network, and an average of $20/game to the budget of the PS gamer vs. a PC gamer. Add another $200 to your PS4 estimate for  four four years of internet alone. Anyway, by the time Order 1886 or Uncharted 4 release, PC gaming will have gone through likely two more graphics card generations and ram would be vastly cheaper. So while you're playing those games that are suppose to push the PS4's hardware, a person can buy a PC for the same price that exceeds the PS4 in ability, and enjoy multiplatform games with a graphical quality, image quality, and framerates matching or exceeding that of the PS4. 

Simply stating false information at this point, the Order is releasing in Feburary of next year, RAM prices will be the same and no, two more graphics generations my ass, more like rebranding and a better flagship card. And if you want to use PS Plus as a negative then also factor in that over four years, you'd have gotten 96 free games for $200, less tha $3 a game, you can also EASILY find PS Plus for a year at $40 or less, or wait for sales like PC Gamers do. Also PS Plus is optional. 

And what multiplats? 

Destiny?

MGS V?

KH3?

FFXV?

Oh wait, those games aren't coming to PC, so there's that. 

Or rebranded CoD, BF, aand Assassin Creed games? Consoles get ALL major multiplats, PC doesn't. 

It'll take a considerable amount of time to build a PC that performs on paper with a PS4, and bout time that time comes the PS4 will likely have a price drop. It's not a question of raw power, it's what you do with it, hence a Titan can't run CoD Ghosts at 60fps locked, throwing raw power at things isn't always the best method. 

Quote Tree Shortened and User Moderated - Conegamer

Mr Puggsly said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Wait MGS 4 was considered one of the best looking games period at launch. I remember the praisei t got clear as day so I have no clue what you are trying to get at with that one.

God of War 3 was without one of if not the most impressive looking game when it came out. Very technically impressive and THE best character model to date. And there are lots of games with a fixed camera that don't look anywhere near as good as it does so why bring that part up?

Heavy rain and Beyond Two sould were games even if you felt they were tech demos. And pretty interesting games at that. lastly EVERY game can look bad in certain areas.

Nothing against your posts I just didn't agree with a few things. But I know they are your opinions so no big deal good sir! 

I remember a lot of hype about MGS4's visuals, but was still underwhelming. Sony fans wanted something to boast about and they chose MGS4. Bastos said it was released in 2007, but it actually released in 2008. It doesn't look better than games like Gears of War or Bioshock. Also, MGS4 looked most impressive during cutscenes.

By 2010, God of War 3's graphics just seemed kinda standard. Its the art design that was exceptional.

I feel boasting about Beyond and Heavy is like boasting about a tech demo. Those graphics look impressive because they're focusing on little. However, those games start looking unimpressive in larger areas you can explore. There are some areas where the character models look poor because they're focusing on the background as well.

Saying God of War 3 looked standard in 2010 is objectivelly wrong and blatantly lieing to yourself. I get the feeling you just don't want to give credit where it's due, or pushing an agenda or admit you're wrong. 

Daisuke72 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

By 2010, God of War 3's graphics just seemed kinda standard. Its the art design that was exceptional.

I feel boasting about Beyond and Heavy is like boasting about a tech demo. Those graphics look impressive because they're focusing on little. However, those games start looking unimpressive in larger areas you can explore. There are some areas where the character models look poor because they're focusing on the background as well.

Saying God of War 3 looked standard in 2010 is objectivelly wrong and blatantly lieing to yourself. I get the feeling you just don't want to give credit where it's due, or pushing an agenda or admit you're wrong. 

When I say standard, I mean with other visually impressive games. Not the standard of all games at the time.

It just looked fine to me. I didn't think they were doing anything that looked particularly amazing outside of art design.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
PattonFiend said:
Not really. It is at least a couple years behind top-end PC's, unfortunately.

well start posting if you are going to say that.  i always hear that PC's are soo impressive but in the last 10 years i still have only seen crysis as an example of impressive graphics.  otherwise everything seems to be a late port of the console version or indies.

Crysis 2/3 are impressive, Metro: Last Light is up close and The Witcher 2 is a little less impressive than these two. The original Crysis doesn't look good anymore and is considerably dated. The rest is pretty much miles worse than these ones. Some PS4 games actually look on par with these games. The new traillers for some PS4 games looks better than Crysis 3 and company, but I prefer to hold my judgement to the final product and gameplay footage.

Most games actually looks pretty bad on all platforms. Even today older games like GOW 3 looks better than even recent games. Killzone 2 still looks better than most shooters around there. The majority of games is composed of mediocre-looking titles.

Mr Puggsly said:
Daisuke72 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

When I say standard, I mean with other visually impressive games. Not the standard of all games at the time.

It just looked fine to me. I didn't think they were doing anything that looked particularly amazing outside of art design.

It won multiple best graphics of the year awards along with a best art achievement award. 

Daisuke72 said:

Simply stating false information at this point, the Order is releasing in Feburary of next year, RAM prices will be the same and no, two more graphics generations my ass, more like rebranding and a better flagship card. And if you want to use PS Plus as a negative then also factor in that over four years, you'd have gotten 96 free games for $200, less tha $3 a game, you can also EASILY find PS Plus for a year at $40 or less, or wait for sales like PC Gamers do. Also PS Plus is optional. 

And what multiplats? 

Destiny? 

MGS V?

KH3?

FFXV?

Oh wait, those games aren't coming to PC, so there's that. 

Or rebranded CoD, BF, aand Assassin Creed games? Consoles get ALL major multiplats, PC doesn't. 

It'll take a considerable amount of time to build a PC that performs on paper with a PS4, and bout time that time comes the PS4 will likely have a price drop. It's not a question of raw power, it's what you do with it, hence a Titan can't run CoD Ghosts at 60fps locked, throwing raw power at things isn't always the best method. 

GeForce 800 and 900 are releasing this year, and with every new GPU generation the prices of the previous (regardless of their abilities) decrease. Right now one can buy a PS4 equivalent (GeForce GTX 660) for $180 USD, with the new generation releasing its cost will likely go down at least $50. So no, it isn't false information. Ram decreases in price almost on an annual clock. So that will go down by february as well. 

Steam deals and bundles match any benefit PS Plus brings. PS Plus might have it beat in quantity, but when I can buy a great game that is 6 months old for $40 on steam and it is $60 on consoles, I don't mind that I miss out on downloadable PS releases. When within a year of an Elders Scrolls game release I can have a steam deal with DLC and buy the game for $20 I don't care too much about the free PS Plus games. Steam > PS Plus. 

Destiny - Point, not sure if I'm getting it though. It will likely come to PC eventually anyway. 

MGS V - point, but I never was a fan of the series personally, so not a big deal for me personally. 

KH3 - Won't release for years. 

FFXV - Won't release for years (and announced in 2005, I bought a PS3 for this damn game, when I was in 8th grade, now I'm a junior in college. I'm over it and Square-Enix.) 

Meanwhile PC plays the overwhelming majority of multiplatform games better than the PS4 and XboxOne, and will continue to get unique exclusives as those consoles lag behind and PC gaming continues to grow. 

Mr Puggsly said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

By 2010, God of War 3's graphics just seemed kinda standard. Its the art design that was exceptional. Halo Reach was a very nice looking game released in 2010 people seem to forget. It didn't use a fixed camera either.

I feel boasting about Beyond and Heavy Rain is like boasting about a tech demo. Those graphics look impressive because they're focusing on little. However, those games start looking unimpressive in larger areas you can explore. There are some areas where the character models look poor because they're focusing on the background as well.

I can understand those points. And they indeed make sense. It just seemed like it was nit=picking to take away from how they looked I guess. But what you said definitely makes sense to me. 

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

sc94597 said:

So far the only game in this thread that seems like a real argument for that case is Infamous: Second Son. The rest will likely turn out like Killzone 2 did last gen, when PS3 gamers were shouting how it will look better than Crysis (lol - the generation might change, but the fans don't.) 

If the argument is about realism I'm pretty sure Arma 3 takes that cake when compared to Infamous (albeit Infamous is a much more beautiful game, with more variety.) Heck, GTA IV with graphics mods is a better looking, more believable city-based sandbox game, and it's not even hard to run it at 60fps 1080p with a medium-level gaming rig.

unless ur definition of medium pc costs more than £1000.

i dont know why people lie about things like that.

and most of this GTA4 mods doesnt feel natural. they look nice on screenshots but in motion it looks like shit.

i dont have a super pc but my pc is pretty good and i can run this mods well.

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)